Chapter 7: The fake princess
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Little Eva: '' Host, you're poisoned ''

' Is this even E- grade difficulty? '

' Somehow, I get a bad premonition '

Sia suppressed her thoughts and

'' So, you can clean them, right? ''

Little Eva: '' Yes, host. Please wait a minute ''

Little Eva: '' Host, it's finished ''

Sia felt her body became lighter and her headache seem to be slowly fading away.

Even though her mind is clear now and the suffocating feeling has vanished away, she had to use a lot of strength to get up and sit on the bed.

' This body is too weak '

Sia did breathing exercise to calm down her mind and body.

After doing it for a few minutes,

'' Give me the plotline ''

Little Eva: '' Yes, host ''

' Why can't host use the softer tone? '

Sia started to receive the plotline. 

This is the revenge drama where the princess take revenge for her dead mother. The orginal heroine, Larantia Don Voltia, the only princess of Voltia empire, is a lucky child who received both the parents' love and people's love at a young age. However, when she reache age 14,  her wonderful life began to collapse. Her mother died due to unknown causes. No one knew how she died. But, it's certain that someone has made it that way. She tried to figure out who the culprit was, but she failed. When she reached age 15, she got a strange letter from someone that the queen was poisoned by a posion which is the only one in the world which has no smell, no colour and no substance and only water. The letter also mentioned that the second queen was the one who did it. Larantia didn't believe it at first, she investigated it with more clear information and found that it was true. When she heard it, she was so furious that her mind can erupt like a volcano at one second. Because the second queen treated her mother and her so kindly like a sister.

She vowed that she will give the second queen that the pain her mother and her has suffered. That's how it began the palace politics, drama, dirty schemes and scandals. She quickly participated in the politics and started to gain control on nobles. Second queen, who noticed that she had known the truth, put the fake second princess to control her. The king could not control the arrival of the fake princess since the second queen sudden rise in economical and political background is strong. But, she died about 6 months later due to the first princess poisoning after entering palace. At the same time, the only prince from the Meltian empire came the empire to solve the problems of territories which is difficult to decide the ownership between two kingdoms. The princess proposed the deal with the prince and started to attack the second queen. The second queen, who had to deal with not only the nobles, but the princess and the prince, became anxious and started to poison the king and tried to take the throne. But, the princess proved the posioning case in front of the every noble and tried to catch the queen. But, the secret army and forces saved the second queen, and flee. They even tried to kill the princess, but due to the Prince Meltian protection , they couldn't kill the princess. And with the forces outside the palace, they eventually had to stop and surrender. The heroine gave the second queen the guillotine sentence in front of everyone and became the queen. But the prince Meltian, along with the journey, due to her courage, strength and unwavering determination , fell in love with her and told her that he was the one who gave her the letter and propsed her. The princess aslo fell in love with him and agreed. Since they are the only the prince and princess of the kingdom, they lived in the netural land between the borders and ruled the two empires happily ever after.

'' Ah.. my head ''

Sia felt a thin needle striking her head.

Little Eva: '' Host, please bear with it. It can happen since it is your first time to receive plotline ''

After completely receiving the plotline, 

Sia: @_@

'' Are you sure this is difficulty E? ''

Little Eva: '' Yes, host. I'm sure. What's wrong?''

 

Sia asked another question this time.

'' What's the main quest this time? ''

A hologram appeared in front of her eyes.

[                        Main Quest

         Help the original owner get a high            

                  offical job in the palace          ]

'' Let me ask you one more time Little Eva, is this mission truly difficulty E? ''

Little Eva: '' Yes, host. I've checked it twice. Why do you ask? ''

' Do you even need to ask? '

Sia's mind: ##%%#^@%#

' Sending a 16 year old girl from a modern age to the political world in medieval era? Are you joking me? '

'' Never mind ''

'' Huhhh.. ''

Sia calmed her mind down.

' Anger doesn't reach anywhere. Let's read the situation now '

Sia looked around the room. Thankfully, they were not pink-coloured. The furniture,

accessories, the king sized bed and the large tea table were placed gracefully in the room. And even the large cupboard with antiques structures on top of it and the small cupboard which girls like with the mirror were in the room. There's also even balcony at the right side of the room. 

' One can even felt the medieval area with slightly European ambience in this room '

Sia saw the sun shining through the window. Although the window is covered with curtains, you can tell it's been raining for a while now judging from the room moisture.

' It's morning '

Sia got up from the bed with her weak body and sat in front of the mirror.

' Oh my gosh.. '

Sia had to open her eyes wide in front of this unfathomable beauty. Silk like sliver- whited hair which represents the royalty of Voltia empire, snow like smooth skin and the lively light- green eyes. One can say with one look that she is one of the top beauties.

' She is so beautiful '

' I expected that she will be beautiful but I didn't know that will be this much '

' The body that I possessed now is Lorania don Voltia, the fake princess who is suppossed to die in early parts of the plot. But, she is so beautiful '

'' Little Eva, are you sure she is an extra? ''

Little Eva: '' Yes, host. She is an extra. Although she is beautiful, she died at the early parts of the plotline, thus make her no appearance and extra and also she has a weak body ''

' Host only called my name when she see something she like.  ^ _ ^ '

At the last part of the sentence, Sia sighed.

'' That's right ''

'' But, we can exercise her body to make her stronger right? ''

Little Eva: '' That's possible ''

'' I'm gonna rest for now. I will do it tomorrow ''

When Sia tried to get on the bed, a door opened and a maid came in.

When she saw Lorantia, her eyes became wide and screamed:

'' Ahh... Ghost ''

And she quickly ran out of the room.

' Deja vu? '

Sia mind sensed something and slowly went out of the room with her wobbly legs. She saw a beautiful coffin in front of her room with snow-like lillies on top of them. And, the knight seemed scared and pointed their swords shaking.

'' You... Who are you? ''

' How did they become knights? Even their swords are shaking '

'' If-fd you-u don't talk, we're gonna killl__ ''

' Even their words are stuttering '

'' I'm the second princess.''

'' No, it's impossible.The second princess is already ___ ''

' Shut up, if you can't talk, then don't talk '

'' If you don't believe it, one of you ,go call the doctor quickly ''

'' And, you ,''

Sia pointed the knight whose sword is shaking.

'' Yess? ''

' Relax, it's not like I'm gonna kill you '

'' Go take away this thing ''

Sia pointed at the thing at her feet,coffin and ordered.

'' And, you, guard the room and send the doctor in the room if he came ''

Sia ordered quickly, shut the door and lay on her bed.

'' Why did I reach this time? Little Eva ''

Sia asked the system with a sweet voice.

Little Eva felt the sweet knife hanging on her head and answered quickly.

Little Eva: '' Well, host, erm... ah..., since the system is a long time receiving a host after many years so, it became excited and made a little error and sent host __ ''

Sia after receiving explantion: —_—

' As expected, I shouldn't put much trust in the first place to a counterproductive defective '

Little Eva became anxious due to host's expression and said: '' Host, rest assured. It will never happen again in next missions. I surely will gonna make the system...''

'' Well, whatever ''

The doctor reached not long after and checked her veins and health of the body.

When he saw nothing wrong,

'' It must be God's blessing ''

'' You have to take care of your body okay? ''

'' You have to rest for a while now ''

'' Yes, doctor. It must be a god's blessing. Thanks you very much ''

Lorantia smiled and responded earnestly to the doctor's advices.

When he saw the girl earnest smile and polite attitude, he couldn't help but thought,

' Who in their right mind to poison this little girl? Truly very pitiful '

Doctor left after giving many warnings and medications. The maids also didn't longer feel fearful and served her like they used to. There are three maids who served her: Rose, Fiantia and Dotia. 

Sia watched the three maids working hard to prepare her clothes and breakfast.

' Hmm, there are three maids, and one of them is spy who served poison to the princess for 6 months in thr plotline. Since I'm an extra, the plot didn't give much details. Who will she be?'

' Well, I can figure it out later '

'' Dotia, which date is today? ''

A maid who had the appearance of most normal girls answered,

'' It's 20th day, 6th month of Imperial year 316, Your highness ''

' Male lead will arrive at the start of 7th month. I don't have much time left to make plans. I have to read books about empire today '

After she ate breakfast, she took medicine the doctor gave her.

'' I want to rest for four days ''

'' But the doctor said ___''

The maids wanted to protest,

'' It's okay. I know my body best. Go do other works now. I will call you when I need it later. I want to rest ''

The maids bowed politely and quietly left the room. After they left, she asked the system.

'' Little Eva, is there any sub-quest in this mission? ''

Little Eva: '' Yes, host. There is always one sub-quest in one mission. You can considered it as the original body owner's wish. There may be some other sub-quests appeared later according to the situations. For now, there is only one ''

'' Show me ''

[                         Sub-Quest

                The original host's wish :

      Don't fall in love with anyone else and 

                  survive in the palace                

                 Other Sub-Quests: None            ]

'' Why would I fall in love? ''

Sia puzzled at the original host's wish.

Sia remembered the plotline about the original host and exclaimed:

'' Ah, I remember. Don't worry. Why should I fall in love? ''

'' That's right. What will happen to this body when I leave this world? ''

Little Eva: '' Host, you didn't even start the mission. Why are you asking? ''

Sia: * _ *

' Somehow, I feel it's being sarcastic '

'' Just curious ''

Little Eva: '' Nothing will happen, host will leave the world and the world will stay as it is. The original host soul will gonna take her body back and stay in this world. ''

'' Then, that means her soul is near us now? ''

Somehow, Sia felt chills running over her body.

Little Eva: '' No, she isn't. She is in another place. ''

'' Phew. So, where is it? ''

Little Eva:⊙▽⊙

' Why do you ask so much, host? '

Little Eva: '' Host didn't have the authorization to know ''

'' Then, why bother answering? ''

Little Eva: *^_^*

' Then, why ask? '

Sia didn't chatted with the system anymore and fell asleep. She woke up only when she ate lunch and dinner. After eating dinner, she slept for a while till midnight.

At midnight, she opened the door. There are two knights guarding at the door.

'' I want to go to the library. Follow only one person ''

One muscular knight with overbearing appearance accompanied her along the way.

Her destination is palace library. There are two palace libraries in the palace. One at the east palace where me and the second queen stay and one at the west palace where the first princess stay. She had to find information about politics and empire in this place.

' I had to prepare quickly. Many thanks to the original host's learning lessons and notes she kept in her desk. Otherwise, I wouldn't know how to find this place '

Sia reached her destination safely though she had to rest for two times.

After arriving the library,

Sia huffed through her lungs.

''Huff.. huff.. ''

' This body is too weak '

Sia:T o T

Sia noticed the knight standing behind her and quickly composed her body.

'' Sir Knight, since I will be borrowing a few books, it won't be long. And also can you and other knight not tell anyone especially my maids since I don't want to make everyone worry, can you? ''

Lorantia used a graceful tone and smiled with her dry pale lips. With her light green eyes, she resembles like a withering green-rose covering with the white snow in the winter. Lively and dead at the same time.

The knight stunned at the unparallelled beautiful smile. Soon, he snapped out of it and bowed.

'' Your highness's wish is my command ''

'' Thanks ''

Lorantia gave a slight smile and went into the library. She got the books that she wanted thanks to her so called beauty and returned to her palace.

' Luckily, no one seem to notice ' she thought.

But, she didn't know there was a shadow always watching her. 

When she have read two books, a message arrived.

[ Reading skill Lv.1 ( Obtained ) ]

' Are you kidding me? '

Sia didn't pay any attention to the message.

Sia read the books enough to understand situation and important facts in empire in four days. Since there is so many, she cannot complete them off all but she can grasp the basic facts for the upcoming high ranking meetings. She also exercise in early morning when the maid didn't come to strengthen her body.

 But, even though the poison has cleared from her body, they put poison in the food. She had to get help from Little Eva after every meal.

' Do they want me to die that quickly? '

'' Your highness, if you don't finish your full meal, your body will not get full strength. Her majesty, the queen, had also commend me to watch you eat full meal. So please, Your highness, finish your full meal''

Sia:  →_→

Sia watched as the maid with red short hair cleaned her finished meal.

' What was her name? Rose '

' I'm sure now. One of the maids put poison in my food. So who is it? '

Sia watched three maids doing their jobs skillfully and found the suspect.

Sia withdrew her gaze and focused on her book in her hands.

' I will deal with you later. So, enjoy now as much as you can '

Her four days went by exercising, eating, reading and studying. Since she is recuperating from poisoning, no visitors are also allowed. But, there is a letter from someone everyday.

' Of course, I didn't read it. Why should I read it? '

And the day where I had to attend the high ranking meeting arrived. Sia had to wake up early to prepare her dressing. Bathing water with flower petals, various makeup accessories and various decorations.

After dressing, Sia felt exhausted.

' I'd rather do running if I have to do it everyday '

Sia slowly walked in front of the mirror and looked herself in the mirror. A long beutiful green dress with rose embroidery patterns, a simple white necklace, red rosy lips which is colored by natural cosmetics and the black hair braided hairstyle which gave a mature feeling amplified the snow white skin and made a top beauty.

The maids gasped at the natural beauty that they have never seen.

'' Your highess, you're so beautiful ''

''That's right. Every man gonna fall in love with you ''

'' Well, I don't mind doing once for a while. Good job ''

Lorantia smiled and praised the maids.

Little Eva: *^_^*

' Host never praised me like that once '

'' Yes, your highness will be the most beautiful lady in the empire ''

' I doubt so. If this is the natural beauty that no one see, then female lead beauty will be otherworldly beauty. Afterall, female lead halo is put on femlae lead for a reason '

Lorantia gave a slight smile and sat at her tea table. Since the meeting will start at 9, she still has some time. At the time, a knight's voice sounded in.

'' Your highness, the young Duke, the hero of the empire, Cadius ron Haradium wished to have a meeting with your highness. May I allow it? ''

Lorantia looked the door while interrupted in her reading and smiled meaningfully.

' He can't wait, doesn't he?'

'' Let him in ''

The door opened and a fine young man of 18 years old at the height of a grown man walked in.

One can say that his face is made out of statue from ancient Greece. Well-propotioned body, masculine jawline with dark blue eyes, deep red hair like fire made him looks dangerous. But, he's now holding a bouquet of colourful flowers and smiling which made him looked gentle.

' I don't want to play with you now '

' Well, since you insist, '

Lorantia gave a polite smile to him and pointed to the seat opposite to her.

'' Welcome, the young duke of Haradium, please sit here ''

Cadius stunned when he saw her appearance with a smile. He snapped when the other party offered him a seat. He continued his smile and gave her a bouquet that he brought on one knee like he's proposing. The maids suprised at the sudden change of events.

'' I congratulated your highness with all my heart for your recovery ''

'The reason why I don't want to play now, '

'' Oh my, young duke, you don't need to do this''

Lorantia said with a wistful smile and took the bouquet slowly with her hands.

'The reason why Lorantia didn't want to fall in love,'

'' Would you like a cup of tea? or coffee? ''

Lorantia pointed to the chair.

Cadius stood with his undisturbing smile and took a seat.

'' I would like tea please, your highness ''

'The reason why Lorantia is poisoned and died in 6 months'

'' Rose, prepare a cup of tea for young duke''

'' Yes, your highness ''

Rose prepared a cup of tea for young duke while slightly looking him unnoticed from time to time. Cadius didn't notice it and took a sip from the tea.

' is none other than because of one person '

'' Now, young duke, ''

' And, that person is '

'' May I ask what business do you have with me __ ''

' None other than the person who is sitting in front of me, '

''__to come to my palace directly yourself? ''

' The so called hero of the empire '

' And ,the second male lead of the world '

' Cadius ron Haradium '

1