Chapter 3: Raiding the Goblin Nest
344 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After praying, I immediately entered the cave.

 

Inside the cave, I saw bones of various creatures. Some were humanoid.

 

My fur shivered as I glanced at the bones. If I fail, this is where I would end up, a part of this garden of bones. So I hardened my focus and moved. Hiding under the shadows I stalked my prey.

 

The pull intensified. I know that there’s a prey I must hunt no matter what. Realizing there’s a prey, my mind grew more focused. I can smell the foul smell of my quarry. From the cacophony of scents, I can identify the scent of the prey I need to kill.

 

My heart beats faster, not from fear but excitement. There’s a strong desire to take down the prey as fast as possible. Moreover, my body was in sync with my mind. I stalked the shadows faster, stealthier, deadlier…

 

The path has diverged into multiple branching tunnels but I know my destination. Even with the sparse light from the torches, I can see clearly. My vision was undisturbed by the shift from darkness and the light from the torches. The path towards my prey was clear. I know where that creature was. My only question is what kind of prey it was. I know it was the leader of the goblins but what kind of monster could it be.

 

As I moved closer to my prey. I heard hissing and growling between the cries from goblins. I heard a distinct quiet exchange.

 

 

“***************....” (Voice 1)

“####... #####.” (Voice 2)

 

 

 

There’s also the faint whispering of unknown words. The whispers were between groans, sobs, and gasps. Whoever these people are, I am sure they are not there of their own volition. I should Increase my [Language Comprehension], level 5 would be usable. I know what the sounds and characters symbolize those sounds but I can’t understand what they are saying. Just like a child who can repeat and identify sounds, but with enough level, I can understand most of what these people are saying.

 

So I whispered,

 

 

“[Status]”

 


Name: Victor              Race: Cait Sith          Sex: Male       Age: 1

Proficiency: None    

Title:   Jack-of-All-Trades, Unfortunate Guy, Cat Maniac,

Survivor of Misfortune, Follower of Fluffy, Exorcist,

Demon Slayer, Assassin

Class: None

Level: 12

Skill Points: 23

Attributes:

  • Strength: B
  • Vitality: D
  • Endurance: B
  • Agility: B
  • Dexterity: B
  • Intelligence: A
  • Magic: A
  • Luck: F

 

Skills

  • Passive: [Strength Up Lvl 4] [Stamina Recovery Up Lvl 7] [Physical Damage Resistance Lvl 5] [Poison Resistance Lvl 2] [Fatigue Resistance Lvl 7] [Hunger Resistance Lvl 3] [Intuition Lvl 5] [Meditation Lvl 5] [Enhanced Holy Attack Lvl 3] [Holy Aptitude Lvl 5] [Mana Recovery Lvl 1] [Language Comprehension Lvl 1] [Enhanced Reflex Lvl 3] [Evasion Lvl 1] [Parry Lvl 1] [Enhanced Natural Recovery Lvl 1] [+]
  • Active: [Negotiation Lvl 5] [Melee Combat Lvl 5] [Blade Combat Lvl 5] [Cooking Lvl 3] [Grooming Lvl 10] [Stealth Lvl 7] [Intimidation Lvl 2] [Construction Lvl 4] [Crafting Lvl 3] [Riding Lvl 1] [Persevere Lvl 3] [Prayer Lvl 5] [Exorcism Lvl 5] [Barrier Magic Lvl 1] [Life Magic Lvl 1] [Appraisal Lvl 3] [Blade Dance Lvl 1] [Counter Lvl 1] [Assassination Lvl 1] [+]
  • Unique: [Hunter's Blessing] [Enlightened] [Deft Hands] [Jack-of-All-Trades] [Self Status] [Carnivora] [Sanguis Felinidae] [Devotion] [Silky Fur] [Soft Paws] [+]

 

Special

  • Follower of Fluffy

 

 

Okay, I have to increase the level of [Language Comprehension]. So level 2, 2 skill points.

 

 

“Hurt, ******** brother…” (Voice 1)

“**** worry *******.” (Voice 2)

 

 

They are probably kidnapping victims or captured. Hmmm… Level 3, 4 skill points.

 

 

“Don**… He ** my brother. Help!” (Voice 1)

“Hiss! I ** going ** mate **** *** eat. Hihihi!” (Predator)

“Goddess!” (Voice 1)

 

 

Oh no! Level 4, 8 skill points. There’s no time to wait.

 

So without stopping I ran towards the hissing predator (rapist), my daggers ready a prayer on my lips.

 

 

Offer nostras preces in conspectu Altissimi. Ut cito anticipent nos misericordiae Domini. Et apprehendas draconem, serpentem antiquum, qui est diabolus et satanas, ac ligatum mittas in abyssum.

 

 

After my prayer, my daggers shined and released a pale glow. So that’s what this prayer is for.

 

Time to die, you predator!

 

I closed into a huge serpent. No, a serpent-hybrid monster. This creature was probably female looking at her huge melons. Tsk. First girl since reincarnating, but she’s a monster and a predator.

 

 

“Die!”

 

“What---Hisss!!!” (Predator)

 

 

Running from the shadows towards her back, I plunged the daggers at her back and neck. I ran across her length and scally lower body. My daggers pierced her scally flesh like a hot knife against butter.

 

The daggers fully embedded through her flesh, I swung my body. Using the momentum of my swing I dragged the daggers around her body.

 

The unbelievably sharp daggers were unhindered by her scales, skin, muscles, and even bones. The dagger on her back sliced towards her breast, ripping through her lungs, heart ribs, and spine. While the other dagger lopped off her head.

 

What a waste. She could have been quite the looker without that gaping mouth full of fangs that’s wide enough to swallow a grown man or two. Oh well, time to check on the two other worlders.

 

 

“Hi! Are you meowkay~?”

 

 

Wait, what did I just say? Hmmm…

 

I was fine when I was talking to myself or when I’m reciting the prayers. Is this because of my race? No… My gut says it’s my [Language Comprehension].

 

 

“Umm… Thank you Sir Cait Sith but please help my brother...” (Voice 1)

 

 

Oh right, the victims. So let’s see… Oh wow…

 

 

“Fwuffy meow~!”

 

 

Looking at the victims who I am now sure are siblings, something caught my eye. Their features are the definition of fantasy beastkin.

 

Those fluffy ears above their furry human-cat hybrid features and those long whiskers near their lips. So long and fluttery. What’s with those long tails.

 

Wait! Focus. They need help. I don’t know how to use any magic and I don’t think using my skill points would be much help. Huh. I should use a prayer.

 

Okay, a prayer for the sick and in need of healing…

 

 

O caelestis medice et comes fidelissime, Sancte Raphael, esto corporis et animae meae medicus, pelle ignorantiae tenebras, mihique in periculosa huius vitae peregrinatione constanter assiste, donec me ad caelestem patriam perducas. Amen.

 

 

Wow. The male beastman’s wounds’ bleeding stopped. His breathing also got better. The bruises on his face and body are starting to fade. I can feel that he is far from the dangerous situation from before.

 

How strong was that snake lady? Looking at the male beastman’s body he looked quite strong. His body may not look hulking compared to characters in a comic book. The muscles on his very exposed body looked well developed and not an ounce of excess fat can be seen. His musculature seems to suit a person who uses his speed and agility to fight. Hmmm… I should find a cloak or something to hide his bits.

 

 

“Mr. Cait Sith. I don’t know what you did but thank you for the help. Your magic even healed my wounds and fatigue.” (Voice 1)

 

“It’s fine meow~ Meow name is Victor. What’s meow name?”

 

“Oh I’m Mia and my brother is Felix. Thank you but we’re far from safe.” (Mia)

 

“Meow right… Can you carry or drag your brother? I can deal with meow escape. Just follow meow~”

 

“Of course. I’ll just fix my brother’s clothes.” (Mia)

 

“Can I use his shirt meow? I’ll use it to wrap up his nether region.”

 

“Um… Yes please.” (Mia)

 

 

Haha. What a funny girl. She’s blushing like a tomato. Her fluffy and very charming fur-covered ears are twitching and her tail is waving wildly. I want to play with those fluffy tails. No, wait. Victim. Escape. I need to get my priorities straight.

 

The ripped shirt was barely wide enough to cover Felix’s family jewels. Well, that will keep him safe and not kill him and his sister from embarrassment.

 

Hmmm… I feel like there’s something I should do before leaving.

 

 

“Mia-eow does that snake creature have something valuable?”

 

“Oh yes. The monster core in its heart would be worth a few large gold coins. The whole body would have been better but we’d get overrun by goblins soon.” (Mia)

 

“Okay. Thank meow~”

 

 

Using my dagger that lost its shine I plunged the knife while applying a lot of force. The prayer from before enhances my weapon but I doubt I should use the prayer for these kinds of things.

 

As I carve the snake lady’s chest, I found the monster core. It had a deep red color and some kind of energy was pulsing from it. Hmmm… This seems to be the cause of the weird atmosphere surrounding this cave.

 

I should use that prayer to dispel the ominous feeling,

 

 

Sancte Michael Archangele,

defende nos in proelio;

contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

 

 

After reciting the prayer, I felt the pulsing energy quiet down. There’s still a lot of energy from the core but it was calm and quiet energy. The beastkin siblings also looked much better. I can’t use [Status] since it might be an exclusive gift from Fluffy. Time to go then.

 

 

“Mia, let’s go meow~”

 

“Ye-yes!” (Mia)

 

 

Mia was surprisingly strong, especially when she looks like a teenage girl who is carrying a man a head or two taller than her and two hands wider than her shoulders. Her brother was significantly heavier than her but she doesn’t seem strained from carrying Felix. It must be a beastman’s innate characteristics.

 

I walked in front of Mia, scanning the surroundings and eliminating any goblin in front of us. Carefully, quietly and swiftly, I kill all the goblins. Just as we come out of a fork, Mia called out to me,

 

 

“Sir Victor we should go down that path for a bit. Just so I can retrieve our supplies and weapons.” (Mia)

 

“No problem meow~”

 

 

Moving towards where she directed me, I didn’t come across any goblin. Then we came to a cavern with stuff that looked like they came from the previous victim of the goblins and snake lady.

 

Mia put down her brother against the wall of the cave while we scrounge around the mountain of items inside the cavern. As I searched the pulling sensations came back. So I look around more enthusiastically. A small fanny-pack(?), a wand, a crate of potion, and a hemp sack. These were the things that stirred my [Intuition]. I should try using the fanny-pack and sack if they are like those magic bags in anime and games.

 

 

“Meeeeow!”

 

 

I kept placing the items inside the sack, and I feel like there would still be space even after I stow away all of the items inside the sack. Woah. This is really a fantasy world.

 

Mia just looked at me with her jaw hanging low. It took a while for her to regain focus and help me put all the items inside the sack. Once all the items were inside the sack Mia volunteered to carry both her brother and the sack. However, I had other thoughts.

 

I searched the crate of potions and used [Apraisal Lvl 3].

 

 

Intermediate Recovery Potion -          Heals most wounds and recover a little bit of

stamina and mana

Weak Elixir -    Cures temporary paralysis, blindness, and coma. Enhances focus.

 

 

Well, I can use both of these on Felix so we will be able to move faster.

 

Mia gave his brother the two potions. He immediately woke up after taking in the [Intermedate Recovery Potion] but Mia still forced Felix to drink the [Weak Elixer]. I realize that based on the scent of these potions, they are not pleasant in taste and the effect can cause some pain especially while your body is under its effects.

 

After watching Felix squirm for a while, he was soon cognizant and we shared a short conversation.

 

 

“Brother, this is Sir Victor. He’s the one who saved us. We are still inside the Goblin Nest. Although the Lamia is dead there are still goblins around. We should immediately retreat back to the town.” (Mia)

 

“Thank you, Sir Victor. I’m Felix Mia’s older brother. We are adventurers from Dao Village. I’m a Swordsman and my sister is a Brawler. Thank you for saving us from a grim end. Once we reach the village I’ll try to find a way to repay you.” (Felix)

 

 

*Gulp*

 

 

Repay me?

 

Y-you shouldn’t give me such promises. Hehehehe~

 

I’m going to fluff up your ears and tails. Hehehe~

 

I’m going to scratch both your ears and furry head. Ehehehehe~

 

I’m---Oops my mind wandered. Okay calm and collected.

 

 

“Meow it’s fine. Just help me with selling the stuff we found here and let’s take back the lamia while we're at it.”

 

“You’re quite kind Sir Victor. I’ll try to not be a hindrance.” (Felix)

 

“Then let’s go meow~!”

 

 

We returned back to the corpse of the lamia. Then we stuffed the body inside the sack. Once we’re done we headed out back towards the forest outside the cave. I notice that the encounters with goblins are few and far between.

 

What could be causing this?

 

I just had to ask.

 

 

“Meow, the goblins we’re encountering are getting fewer and fewer.”

 

“It’s because the Lamia is dead. Lamias have the power to charm weaker male monsters and even some humans. So some of the goblins have fled back to their old nests once the charm is gone.” (Felix)

 

“Is that how the Lamia captured you meow?”

 

“Well, sort off. Although I was able to resist her [Charm] I was weakened because my will to fight and focus was still weakened by the [Charm] skill.” (Felix)

 

“What a treacherous monster meow~ Shouldn’t female adventurers hunt lamias then?”

 

“Sorry Sir Victor but there are very few female adventurers. Also most of them always leave a small ad remote village like Dao.” (Mia)

 

“Meow see.”

 

“Females from almost all races are naturally gifted with higher mana in exchange for a weaker body. The reverse is true for beastkin.” (Mia)

 

“Yes. My sister has only entered as a new adventurer but very few men can match her raw power.” (Felix)

 

“Stop brother! Sir Victor might think of me as a rough female.” (Mia)

 

“Haha. Still you do tend to solve problems with your fist.” (Felix)

 

“Muu. Brother I’m going to pun---cry if you keep at it.” (Mia)

 

“Haha. You, siblings, are quite close and funny (and fluffy) meow~ Oh we’re almost outside meow.”

 

Seeing light coming from outside we walked out of the cave less cautious than before. soon all three of us stepped outside the Goblin’s Nest

10