Chapter 6: Entering Dao Village
260 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as we crossed the gates, multiple people approached and crowded us. Adults, children, and even the elderly came to us. Hugging and exchanging greetings with the siblings.

 

Hmmm… My height might have been diminutive, but my heart wasn’t.

 

Being ignored was terrible but with the number of beastkins approaching Mia and Felix, soon I began to drown in fluffy tails. Long tails, short tails, fluffy tails, and soft tails. I was sent to heaven by a stampede of beastkin.

 

Then it all ended once a child saw me.

 

 

“Kitty!” (Child)

 

“Woah a black and white kitty!” (Child)

 

“Let me pet the kitty.” (Child)

 

 

I was grabbed from behind. A tiny child lifted me and swung me as they snuggled. Tiny hands, tiny furry hands, they all kept coming at me. Grabbing at me, pawing, rubbing my ears and tummy.

 

The fluffs are fluffing me. My final memory was Mia approaching and a content purr coming out of me.

 

 

 

 

~Mia’s Perspective~

 

 

“Hey children! Let go of Sir Victor!” (Mia)

 

 

It was too late Sir Victor, our Cait Sith savior fainted. I have to scold the children and beg for Sir Victor’s understanding and forgiveness. Who would have thought that his small stature would have such extraordinary strength?

 

Brother and I were on a mission to check and if possible subjugate the monster that is causing the widespread miasma. The village elders deduced that it was deep in the forest. Being the fastest and the ones with the best scouting abilities even among the Forest Catkin tribe, we were selected to scout Dao Forest and find out why there’s a thick fog of miasma that covers parts of the forest.

 

Forest Catkins like me and my brother have earth-tone and neutral fur that blend within the forest. Our sense of sight, hearing, and smell are also close to the Forest Wolfkin but our ability to move stealthily surpasses them. And my brother and I were the best scouts in the village.

 

The mission is to only observe and take note of the monsters that are making a nest somewhere in the heart of the forest. We believed that this mission would be no different than our previous scouting or subjugation missions. However, we were extremely wrong.

 

At the outskirts of the forest, we saw the typical wildlife of Dao Forest, but as we got deeper the miasma became thicker and there’s an increase in the number of goblins. From goblin warriors to mages, most of them even look well equipped, probably using the equipment of the caravans they ambushed.

 

This was no longer any small goblin nest. There might be a Goblin General or Goblin King that leads this army. The worst scenario would be that a Goblin Queen is making a gigantic nest.

 

We knew that we had to find the nest and subjugate the leader quickly. Goblins are scary when they move in huge waves. However, they are not in that state yet. Brother said we should kill the leader while they are not yet that active. If we kill their leader the hierarchy will collapse and they will spread out. Once they do, we can easily subjugate the fragmented goblins.

 

The miasma might have messed up our judgment or it might have been our own hubris. But Brother and I thought that we could kill High-class goblins.

 

We have both killed Goblin Generals, Goblin Kings, and Goblin Queens. However, all those kills were with other parties or we had days to prepare for the mission. Without looking back and thinking deeply we walked into the scariest moment of our lives so far.

 

The goblin’s nest was in a small cave in the heart of the Dao Forest. The area was thick with miasma, looking back, that level of miasma cannot come from even the highest class of goblins. But we were already moving on top of the monster’s palm.

 

What we saw in the cave, waiting for us was a Lamia. They were Disaster-class monsters, able to use [Charm] on any creature of the opposite sex, or at least any one succeptible to its allure.

 

Besides the troublesome [Charm] Lamias possess, they also have superior intellect and physical ability. Brother and I never realized that we were being lured in by the Lamia’s [Charm].

 

When we realized we were being lured, the Lamia already pounced and constricted us with its powerful tail. There was no chance of escaping. I will be devoured and so will my brother after he is forced to sire offspring for the Lamia.

 

We both knew that death was near, all our talks and hopes for rescue were impossible. Just when I have accepted the inevitable end, as I watch Lamia violate my brother our unexpected savior came.

 

A small shadow, almost child-like in stature. I watched as his glowing blades behead and eviscerate the Lamia effortlessly. It felt like the world stopped and everything happened far too long and far too quick at the same time.

 

Before I even realized that everything was real and not a delusion, Lamia was already dead. Disaster-class monsters were known to be unaffected by bronze, iron, and steel. Only mithril, orichalcum, and adamantium can hurt such monsters, but possessing such weapons is not enough.

 

Since Disaster-class monsters are known to destroy countries, kingdoms, and empires. Only the Chosen are able to defeat them. Chosen are extraordinary people with extraordinary strength and ability. They are capable to destroy Disaster-class monsters on their own. However, only the rich and powerful can have the chance to meet such people not just anyone can have an audience with them.

 

The exceptions to these are Chosen affiliated with the temples and the churches of the Goddess. Chosen devoted to the Goddess wander and subjugate Disaster-class monsters as part of their oath to the Goddess.

 

Chosen from the church are called Templars and Saints, titles bestowed to them by the Church of the Goddess.

 

And he’s no ordinary Templar, he’s a Cait Sith.

 

According to legends Beastkins were born from the God Beasts, children of the Goddess. Wanting to be closer to the creatures in Gaia they descended and created physical bodies. Soon they were worshipped by High-Humans, the first race among the races created by the Goddess.

 

The God Beasts exchanged flesh and blood with the High Humans that won their favor and became the first Beastkins. The different species of Beastkin came from the different God Beasts they worshipped.

 

Cait Sith was known as the first follower of the Beast God Alamid. Alamid the Patron of all Feline Beastkins, Alamid the Silent God, blessed the Cait Siths with the ability to wield powerful magic and unbelievable strength despite their small stature.

 

Sir Victor was like the first Cait Siths, with pure black fur that blends with the darkness and golden eyes, a symbol of being blessed by the Goddess. Only Saints and Templars have golden eyes. It is to tell the people that the Goddess is always watching over you.

 

The Goddess truly cared, because not only was the Lamia defeated, Sir Victor used [Scripture] to heal brother and me, and also purify the place. Usually, the places where a Disaster-class monster stayed would be polluted with miasma and the village chief would send a request to the church to purify the miasma polluted area.

 

Multiple priests and priestesses are sent by the church to purify the place. They use [Synchronized Chanting] to use [Scripture] and purify the place. But Sir Victor did it all by himself.

 

He is not only strong and reliable, but he’s also very kind. He didn’t have to escort my brother and me back to the village but he still did. I promise to do my best to repay his kindness until the day I die.

 

I hope he’ll let me stay by his side. Goddess Gaia and God Beast Alamid, thank you for sending him to us.

9