Chapter 2: What it feels like
4.9k 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keno and Stephanie continued walking to the school. Along the way, many students greeted them cheerfully. Stephanie would nod her head as acknowledgment while Keno gave them a wry smile.

 

This is another change. I was never popular in the past. I was mostly alone reading or playing mobile games.

 

Keno looked around at the smiling faces of the people around them. The youthful kids who go about their way to school. He did not have any fond memories in his high school life.

 

Maybe this time will be different.

 

He wondered to himself while being absorbed by his old memories. The faces of young men and women come and go. Soon they reached their destination. His seat, to his surprise, was still the same. It was at the last row near the window. He always thought that he was lucky as he could look outside the window when he got bored with the lecture.

 

“Hey, Keno. What’s up!”

 

One of the girls from the room approached. Her tone was energetic. Her blonde hair is in a ponytail. Her face was filled with a smile as she passed by their other classmates.

 

Once she was in front of Keno. She sat down on his table and looked into his eyes.

 

Another pretty girl. We’ve never been close in the past. I know her as someone who is good at sports and has a lot of friends around her. I wonder where they are.

 

He was about to greet her back when a cold voice spoke from behind.

 

“Mina, please do not use the table as your chair.”

 

Stephanie said with a cold tone. Her eyes looked serious. Even though her speech was polite, Keno felt some chill suddenly ran along his spine.

 

“Ai, Miss President. You are such a straight-laced student as usual.”

 

Mina hopped off with a laugh while sticking out her tongue playfully at Stephanie.

 

“I’ll see you later Keno.”

 

Mina said with a wink and trailed off to her own seat.

 

Keno thought he was saved, but looking at Stephanie’s facial expression made her think otherwise. He stopped looking at her eyes and looked out the window instead. He was lost in his own thoughts.

 

What did she mean with "see you later?" We never interacted in the past. I don’t have anything in common with her. What should I do? Usually, the protagonists will receive the memories of the body to help them with their daily lives. But I’m stuck with nothing.

 

It seems as though Stephanie had more to say but was unable to due to Keno avoiding eye contact. She gave a sigh and went to her own seat as their homeroom was about to start.

 

The morning classes ended just like that and lunchtime came. Keno was hungry as he did not have his breakfast. He checked his bag and found that he did not have any lunch to eat. He checked the contents of his wallet, and to his dismay, he also forgot to get some money. He remembered his mother leaving him a note on top of the fridge. It seems his pocket money was inside that.

“What should I do?”

 

I did not take long before someone approached him.

 

“I know you forgot your lunch again. Here I made one for you.”

 

Stephanie said while handing out a lunch box to Keno. She pulled the chair and faced it towards keno’s seat, and with fluid motions, she prepared her and Keno’s lunch with even the beverages included.

 

Is this how it feels to have a girlfriend?

 

To be honest, Keno has never had a girlfriend in his past life. He never had the confidence to confess to the girl he liked during high school. It was the same in their college. He always had this thought that he wasn’t good enough for the girls he liked. He wondered if there was something he could offer, in the end, he could only give up in defeat.

 

The packed lunch was simple. Neatly packed were some rice, sausages, and eggs. Although he said it was simple, Keno did not forget his manners and gave his thanks to Stephanie.

 

“You saved me, Stephanie. Thank you very much.”

 

For a moment there, Keno thought Stephanie paused when he smiled at her.

 

Well, it must have been my imagination.

 

The two ate in silence while they were eating. Keno ate with gusto and all the contents of his lunch disappeared in a blink of the eye.

 

I’m still hungry. Maybe because I skipped lunch.

 

He looked at the lunch of Stephanie for a bit then moved his gaze to the outside. He did not want to make it awkward for the girl and watch her eating the whole lunch break.

 

While he was staring outside, he heard Stephanie talk for the first time.

 

“Here, you can have this. I know you skipped your breakfast this morning.”

 

She placed some of her sausages and eggs on Keno’s lunch box with a soft smile on her face.

 

Ah, this person is an angel. No wonder all the boys used to talk about her as the perfect girlfriend.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Keno munched at the food that was given to him. He made sure to savor the food that was given to him.

 

I wonder what mom made for me. I mean there should be some food at home right.

 

Keno continued munching on his food while letting his thoughts be somewhere else. He did not take notice of the people around them. The day ended just like that. Mina was nowhere to be found. Stephanie dragged him out of his stupor as they went home together. He continued acting like how he was in the past while he was in high school. He did not want to act out of place. Keno was mindful of his words, therefore he thought that it was better not to say anything rather than saying something wrong. He acknowledges the people who called out to him by simply smiling back at them.

 

41