Chapter 15: Silence is better
2.5k 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

We are sitting in front of each other. The mess we made is all cleaned up. Stephanie served me a cup of tea and pastries.

 

Keno looked at the girl, she had fluid movements as she served the tea. It was definitely something to appreciate. If one would see something like this, the way she moved, her dignified appearance, her elegant side, they would definitely turn their heads to get another glimpse of her. She was the complete opposite of the person who looked and acted like a wild beast in bed.

 

Keno shook his head to clear up his mind. There are a lot of things that he needed to make clear with the girl. Looking at his stats, he knew that he needed other girls to be added in his collection. However, just remembering the fact that he was drugged, tied and raped gave him shivers. He did not know what the effects will be if he added other girls, but he knew the effects of this at the sweet girl who is serving tea is unimaginable.

 

Maybe I should get her intimacy to 100 before making any other attempts with other girls. I might be in need of points but it's not something so urgent right now.

 

Keno thought of the things that happened. What was needed in order to start a capture quest?

 

One, he needed someone to capture, which was Stephanie. The requirement was fulfilled therefore the quests popped up twice. Both happened when they were in bed.

 

Two, once the target is captured, the girl will be added in his collection. He can see the rank and skills of the captured target.

 

Three, intimacy can be increased or decreased. He had some improvements with Stephanie’s intimacy which increased to five. It was not only related to sex, in fact, her emotional state largely affects intimacy. He tried to open up a conversation relating to other girls which prompted Stephanie to act like a crazy feline out for blood. In the end, keno decided to stop asking. He would first make the intimacy reach 100 before discussing things with Stephanie once more.

 

I should keep anything that will happen with other girls a secret for now. It will be difficult since we are neighbors and classmates, which leads to me thinking of other targets. Perhaps women in a different area. Those who are not clingy.

 

While Keno was busy thinking of such things. Stephanie is now looking at Keno wholeheartedly while waiting.

 

Keno finished arranging his thoughts before saying,

 

“I think we should keep our relationship a secret for now.”

 

The sound of water spilling could be heard. Stephanie’s hand loosened the grip of the tea cup she was holding which lead the tea to spill. She was shocked by what Keno said which made her body paralyzed. Her head was down, unable to look at Keno’s face. Her hands went down to the side, she started to grip the skirt she was wearing, moist started to form in her eyes. Keno saw her reaction which made him continue with his words.

 

“I am not saying that we will keep it a secret forever. It’s just that I don’t want to make things complicated at school.”

 

Stephanie looked up when she heard his next line. This gave Stephanie hope that Keno was not leaving her forever, he was just hesitating to make their relationship known. She clutched her hands and tried to calm her nerves. Like a mantra, she kept repeating to herself, “calm down.” Over and over again. Her eyes changed from ones with the look of sadness, to one’s full of determination. As though understanding his words, Stephanie replied.

 

“I understand. You might still be holding a grudge for what I did to you, or you might be hesitating about my devotion to you.”

 

“I…”

 

Keno wanted to interject something but was unable to. Stephanie seemed lost in her own thoughts, ideas, and conviction that she continued with her words.

 

“I’ll prove to you that I can be the best woman you need. I am willing to wait for you to acknowledge me. But till then, all I ask.”

 

She stopped talking as she slowly reached for Keno’s hand. She placed her hand on top of his, then gripped with strength as she continued,

 

“Please do not abandon me.”

 

Her eyes started to moisten once more as she was on the verge of tearing up. She tried to hold it in, to act strong while she gripped Keno’s hand. She was waiting for his reply, full of trepidation.

 

Keno looked at Stephanie who was full of determination. He did not want to add anything more else as he could see the fluctuating emotions of the girl through her stats. To be honest he started to worry when her intimacy dropped a bit.

 

The intimacy that I tried so hard to increase.

 

He was saddened by this realization. He wanted to make things right, but he did not know what were the right words to say to such a situation. He only remembered what his co-workers talked about. Silence is key. Women do not like lengthy explanations. Sometimes you are just putting yourself in your own grave by starting to talk, if you keep up at it, then you are just digging your own grave. Better prepare for your own coffin to sleep in since you will be sleeping outside all alone.

 

Keno thought that maybe this was the time to use this knowledge he learned from his senpai’s at work. He then nodded his head to Stephanie as he gazed at her. He did not remove his hands from hers, then just kept quiet. In the silence, Stephanie’s sigh could be heard. Her stiff body started to relax too which made Keno think,

 

I guess I made the right decision to not explain anything any further.

 

He used his other free hand to drink the tea that Stephanie prepared for him.

27