Chapter 19: More of a cat than a dog
3.6k 7 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Keno went back home with Stephanie in tow. Both of them now dressed properly. Stephanie still had a hint of blush on her face but that was it. She looked like a prim and proper lady with her Sunday dress while holding a pot full of food.

 

“Hello Aunt and Uncle. I brought you some food.”

 

She smiled elegantly after she greeted the two elders.

 

“You look nice today Stephanie.”

 

Keno’s mom took the pot from Stephanie then looked at his son.

 

“Thank you for taking care of Keno while we were gone. I hope he wasn’t much of a bother.”

 

Stephanie did not answer back and just gave an ambiguous smile.

 

“How was your trip?”

 

Stephanie asked to change the topic.

 

“It was fine. Our research has been coming along pretty well and our new book will soon be published.”

 

As though remembering something she added.

 

“Oh by the way.”

 

She looked back at her son and said,

 

“Keno can you run an errand for me tomorrow. I forgot my laptop in Lisa’s car.”

 

Keno agreed right away. He did not mind running an errand for his parents.

 

So her name was Lisa.

 

He remembered the hot, blond bombshell that hugged him tightly just earlier. Her mature figure reminded him of those girls one can find in those por… *cough* magazines.

 

“Okay.”

 

Tomorrow is a holiday too. He also wanted to know if the places that he remembered was still the same. His only destinations were his school and home. He decided that he needed to be familiar with his location.

 

Keno’s mom clapped her hands to get everyone’s attention.

 

“Let’s all eat first.”

 

The four set themselves in the table and started chatting about what happened on their trip. It was a fairly harmonious gathering filled with warmth and smiles.

 

Stephanie looked like she fit right in their family. It seems like she’s used to spending time with my family and chatting with them. Her smile also looks natural and her movements are not stiff.

 

Keno began to understand that in order for him to have more women in his collection, then he needed to get Stephanie in his side.

 

Things might become difficult if I don’t have her as a trusted companion.

 

Keno has been thinking of ways to get her to accept other women to be with him. He was in his wits end on how to explain it without making her angry. He sighed internally as he wondered what he was supposed to do next. Another thing was his points. It was still stuck at 100 while his quest was not updating.

 

The least they could do was give me a map with a quest detector or something.

 

He looked at his own stats once more.

 

Name:

Keno

Age:

16

Skills:

????

Current Quest:

None

Points:

100

Collection:

1

 

 

He was still bothered by the fact that he had no skills, whatsoever. Comparing it to Stephanie’s just made him doubt if the system is broken. Unlike a normal game’s interface, his was definitely useless.

 

Sigh~

 

He released a sigh without realizing it.

 

“What’s wrong son?”

 

His father asked with a hint of concern in his eyes. He got lost at his own thoughts that he forgot he was surrounded by people. He was so used to being alone in his past life that he forgot he has to be careful of his own actions. He suddenly thought of an excuse for his behaviour.

 

“I was just thinking of the upcoming school festival.”

 

Sigh~

 

He released a sigh once more before continuing.

 

“Our homeroom teacher requested me to be the lead of a school play. I don’t want to do I but she was adamant in me playing the male lead role.”

 

“Is that how it is?”

 

His father gave a hearty laugh as he said this.

 

“I’m glad our son is interacting enough with other people. I was beginning to think that you just spend most of your time alone. You only have Stephanie to accompany you most of the time.”

 

The mood lightened up with this, although Stephanie’ expression changed into bitterness in a split second, she was able to show a smile right way as though it was nothing but a mirage. Keno gave a wry smile, with this, it showed his parents that he was a healthy teenager.

 

I wasn’t lying when I said that. The teacher really did want me to participate in something troublesome. If it wasn’t for the other option that she gave me, then I would have flat out refused her.

 

There was still one month before their school festival will begin. Their school will be open to the public. Like any normal schools, they can either open up stalls, stores or perform. However, their class opted for a stage performance. It was all fine and dandy in the beginning but what made it worse was when the roles were to be handed out. Just like a typical manga protagonist, he was given the lead role as he was “tailored fit” for the role. He was starting to think that the role was not a coincidence and that it was really made having him in mind. He just wanted to help around with the preparations then watch at the sidelines, but no, they had to give him something like that.

 

The only thing he could do was to suggest something else in order to escape his dilemma.

 

A normal cafe would have been better. The girls can serve in cute maid outfits with animal ears on top of their heads.

 

He looked at Stephanie who was beside him and wondered.

 

I bet cat ears would look nice on her. With her characteristics, I feel that she is more of a cat than a dog.

 

Feeling a gaze on her. Stephanie looked his way and asked,

 

“Is something the matter?”

 

Oh crap, I forgot. She has spying and stalking skills. She sure is sensitive to her surrounding.

 

 

 

 

26