Divergent thoughts
254 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Logan had already begun his journey. His newly invoked comrades had been given their quarters in the royal palace.

"Damn, this is great we're fucking kings! Look at these luxurious rooms no more boring little high school life!" (Shawn)

"Oh boy, I was really scared to live here but finally we get to live a life we would never have had on earth." (Méverick)

They discovered magnificent rooms with beautiful tapestries. Some objects were decorated with gold and precious stones. While the beds were beautifully built in a wood that seemed solid with also jewels and beautiful sheets. While through the windows they could admire the gigantic courtyard of the palace. And further away he could admire the Royal capital of the kingdom of Sigma named Attal.

"Holy shit so this is the capital I can't wait to go for a little ride." (Méverick)

"This kingdom is beautiful just like this castle." Emma marveled as she looked around at the gigantic city and the more-than-luxurious castle.

While the 20 newly arrived high school students were each assigned a room. What this new life might offer them already removed some of their doubts. For they left behind their old lives, friends and families. For some, fame and fortune were already enough to erase all that, while for others they would need time to adapt.

"Maili, you don't look very happy." Asked Emma as everyone was here.

"To some you already seem to like it here. You're being dangled with wealth and fame and that's okay. I remind you that for some we will have to risk our lives." (Maïli)

The silence is therefore falling by recalling the reality of the facts

"But you haven't heard, we have been given gifts and skills. That a majority of people born into this world don't even have." Emma retorted very quickly. 

A strong light then emanated from her illuminating and blinding everyone. Before finally the light slowly faded away.

"You see, we are the heroes of this world." (Emma)

"All right lady hero and your family you left in our world?" (Maïli)

"But you didn't hear anyway, we can't go back to our world." (Emma)

"And so it doesn't bother you that he's being played with your life?" (Maïli)

"You're using the same words as Logan, so I take it you might want to join him?" Intervened Shawn 

"At least he had balls compared to some people here." (Maïli)

"So why aren't you with him?" Said Mael as she joined the conversation.

"That's right, you only have to join him." (Méverick)

"If I let him go, it is for several reasons: first, to oppose the King directly is suicide. Secondly, Logan is smarter than all of you put together, he will find some things I'm not worried about him. Not retaining him because he couldn't fight given the skills he was given was a smart decisions. The proof is that when they saw that he didn't have any skills, they threw him out. And it would have been the same for you if you didn't have those Jobs and skills. Third, if I have the opportunity to save people with what I have received I will do so. " (Maïli)

"She is right we are for the moment just their instruments, they have summoned us without our consent." Intervened a new young girl named Eva.

"Me for example, I'm going to be forced to live here when I enjoyed my life before. My mother, my father, my brother I didn't really want to part with." Said a young man named Dan.

"And then if some of us didn't support Logan it was just because of one simple thing the fear. And we didn't make fun of him or give him dirty looks like some people here." Said a young man named Max.

"Good for some people if you didn't like your life before or if you don't think it's a big deal. But don't lump everyone together." Added a final person named Mäne.

"Pfff you tell us about fear, but if you didn't react, when some of you agreed with Logan. That just makes you a bunch of cowards." (Shawn)

"No it's...." (Max)

"What is it! Don't lie, if you stayed here it's to enjoy the benefits they promised you. Because if you had left you would have been alone in this world. You would have been left to fend for yourself." (Shawn)

"He is absolutely right, you are cowards and hypocrites. How much we mocked him, how much we did not even support him. So why are you still here?" (Maël)

"So don't come and give us lessons, I intend to live my life to the fullest here. So if some people want to lament their fate, go ahead. And I don't regret in the least what happened to Logan, I could never stand him. Always the first, better in Math, better in French, better in sports, better than everyone else! Praised by the teachers, this asshole thought he was better than everyone else!" (Shawn)

"So that was it, you are ridiculous, you just felt inferior to him that's why you had fun to martyrize him with your band." Cut it abruptly Maïli.

"He didn't even react when we attacked him so many time, he told us we were pathetic. When in reality he was a loser living in poverty, a fucking orphan. And his sister was a whore who prostituted herself to make money. And yet he always had this arrogant look on his face and always thought he was better." (Shawn)

"Oh I'm going to cry, the truth is you're the loser. You're so pathetic I really feel sorry for you." (Maïli)

"You...." (Shawn)

Fire came out of his hand and he sent it towards Maïli. She didn't even move and quietly wrapped the wind element around her hand and scattered the fire. Before making a slash on Shawn's cheek.

"You don't deserve the title of hero. And Logan didn't think he was better than anyone else, he was the best. One last thing next time you do this I'm going to aim your throat." (Maïli)

"What's done and done we're going to have to get used to it so let's try to get along okay..." Added a fearful girl named Karine in an attempt to ease the conflict. 

"Maybe other people done hypocritical, cowardly things but not me. So I tell everyone to take care of themselves, Logan is going to be fine. So for now, we'll see what happens next." (Maïli)

After the conflict, which brought out everyone's different opinions, tensions and emotions. Everyone went back to their rooms while Shawn got upset in his.

"That fucking bitch!" (Shawn)

While they still had only a few days of rest due to their summoning and acclimatization. Their training would soon begin.

-----------------------------

There will be no chapters next week. I am spending many sleepless nights writing this story, not to mention writing my second novel which is currently 500 pages long. With also the conclusion of the first volume of Alone in my darkness in French version.  Sorry I need a little break however, you can read the following chapters on my Patreon: https://bit.ly/3i1HaYm

You can help me financially and have access to many advantages just from 3 €.

Thanks to the contributors.

Thanks to Cadméa for her subscription level 4.

Thanks to Allan Kellar for her subscription level 1.

5