Apprenticeship
250 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to the newcomer Slik Silk for his level 3 subscription. Thanks again for supporting my work. 

------------------------

The morning after dinner everyone was getting ready, they had received an outfit for training. And would also begin to receive their first theoretical lessons on the history of this world, dungeons, monsters, elements and everything they needed to know. While Maïli was already standing in the courtyard training and this time Eva accompanied her.

"Thanks again for last night." (Eva)

"No problem." (Maïli)

"You think he was going to kill me?" She said in a serious tone.

"No he wanted to give you a warning in my opinion. Because you disrespected him and his family."

"How did you want me to react?" (Eva)

"I don't blame you don't worry it's a normal reaction.  Besides, it would be counterproductive to kill you. It would kill one of these heroes and at the same time could make the other heroes these enemies." (Maïli)

"I guess there's a but."  (Eva)

"But if by any chance some left the castle he would probably kill them." (Maïli)

"So Logan?"  (Eva)

"No, Logan had no power so he was not a threat.  But we as heroes if we left the castle we could turn against him or join another country. So in that eventuality he would remove us. But that's just an assumption on my part, on that point it's my understanding of events."  (Maïli)

"So what do we do?"  (Eva)

"We get stronger!  So strong that he would think twice before trying something against us!" (Maïli)

"Alright, I'll pass the message to the others." (Eva)

Eva then left, there were still a few hours left before their morning lunch and the start of their training. While the king was talking with his son and daughter. 

"This Maïli is a very smart girl she has broken through to me by showing some of my contradictions to others. What do you think of her my son?"  (King)

"I like her more and more."  (Raphael),

"Ah ah, you already want to make her yours" he laughed.  And you my daughter?"  (King)

"She is gifted and intelligent."  (Sarah)

"Yes, smart, maybe a little too smart for my taste." (King)

A small silence fell before Raphael spoke again.

"Father, were you really going to kill this girl named Eva?"  (Raphael)

"Kill her of course not, heroes are people we need.  And we can't summon them as we please."  (King)

After breakfast was over, they were all taken to a room like a classroom.  They were all greeted by a bearded man.

"Hello, I'll be your teacher, please take a seat."  (Teacher)

Everyone then took their seats quietly.

"We leave high school to become heroes only to return to a classroom, isn't that ironic." Said Shawn, laughing with Meverick.

"Well, I am Mr. Marcou and I will teach you many things.  We will talk about history, professions, elements, the church, the guild, monsters, and dungeons.

But first of all, how can we understand each other and talk together?" (Marcou)

"It's true that since we've been here we haven't brought it up."  (Maël)

"Well, let me answer that for you.  When heroes are summoned, they receive what is called the blessing of the worlds. It is a blessing that allows those invoked to immediately understand and speak the language of the world where they are invoked."  (Marcou)

"And by whom is this blessing given?"  (Meverick)

"It is granted by the world itself due to the mana that stores the information.  And when you are invoked, this information is transmitted to you by a small flange. And that blessing is not posted on your status."  (Marcou)

"Well, we know why we speak and understand your language now."  (Maïli)

"I will now teach you everything you need to know about our world."  (Marcou)

The professor then began his long monologue as everyone took notes in several small notebooks.  He then began to talk first about the jobs.

"There are a multitude of professions all different. Some professions are of course rarer than others and therefore more powerful. Every year new professions appear or are discovered. But for the main or more common we find: archers, spearmen, knights, fighters, swordsmen, monks, mages. As I said there are a multitude of professions, to list them all would take too long. Not to mention that there are also variations for example there are specialized mages." (Marcou)

"What is a specialized mage?" (Dan)

"Specialized mages are mages who have a high affinity for a specific element.  Like fire for example, so they are called red mages." (Marcou)

"Each color is associated with an element so." (Eva)

"Exactly, blue for water, red for fire, white for light, black for darkness.  Yellow for lightning, green for wood, gray for wind, aquamarine for ice and so on. The problem is that these mages have no affinity with the other elements. "(Marcou)

"So very strong in one element, but weak in the others." (Karine)

"Exactly, although there are exceptions nonetheless." (Marcou)

"We can still find as variations of magic swordsmen, red monks, dragon riders, black knights. In short, a multitude of professions and also variations. Without forgetting the appearance of new professions every years."  (Marcou)

"So each profession has its own skills and techniques that are affiliated with it." (Maïli)

"Exactly, but the most important thing is not the profession but what you do.  The more you master your profession, the stronger you will be.  A better trained swordsman can beat a magic swordsman very well for example."  (Marcou)

"Is it possible to have multiple professions at the same time?"  (Emma)

"Yes, you can even own three at the same time.  Until today, this is the maximum class owned that we have been able to observe."  (Marcou)

"How can we get them?"  (Maïli)

"I can see that some people are eager to get stronger. He smiled. Well, to get new professions you have to get what are called Nexus. These are special concentrated mana crystals that are very rare to obtain. But your professions can also evolve if you get stronger." (Marcou)

"Stronger, that is?" (Shawn)

"It doesn't concern you yet since you're so far away from it, but we're talking about reaching between level 300 and 500." (Marcou)

"Ah to be far, we're real far." Shawn laughed wryly.

A boy then raised his hand before the teacher gave him the floor.

"If there are items to get new classes there must be many other items as useful.  So are there items to increase our stats and especially get skills?"  (???)

"Jay that's right ? Well that's good logical thinking.  Well there are definitely items to increase those stats.  And also skill crystals to get new skills."  (Marcou)

"Hey I guess these crystals are very rare too, but where can we get?"  (Jay)

"I think you must have guessed, the nexus crystals, skill crystals can be obtained usually in dungeons.  Or by killing very very high level monsters.  But there is also the possibility to create them with alchemists and their alchemy. However, creating them takes a lot of time.  Well, I think I'm done for today, your first training session will take place and you will get to know your instructors. As for us, we will meet again tomorrow at the same time." (Marcou)

-------------------

If you want more, the 4 next chapters are already available here on my Patreon : https://bit.ly/3i1HaYm

You can help me financially and have access to many advantages just from 3 €. It is important for me to be independent

Thanks to the contributors.

Thanks to Cadméa for her subscription level 4.

Thanks to Allan Kellar for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Jeffrey for his subscription level  3.

Thanks to Slik Silk for his subscription level 3

3