CH 42 : FAKE?
30 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another fifteen minutes had passed.

All of Mei Hongli's men were sent out without Mei Hongli himself noticing.

With a bam, Mei Hongli took down another clone with his punch.

Mei Hongli's current score was [920 points]. Still not satisfying, he said: "This is not enough. I need at least 1,500 points to secure the top position." He looked to the right and found a group of fifteen clones clustering on an ancient ruin about a quarter-mile away. All of them are at Four Fangs.

Mei Hongli quickly moved towards them while grinning from ear to ear: "Another 150 points for me to take!!"

An easy meal was in front of him, yet a streak of lightning flashed past the aforementioned clone group. Subsequently, all fifteen clones fell down to the ruin's floor and disappeared even before Mei Hongli could make half the distance.

A few seconds after Mei Hongli was confused about what was happening, a figure clad in purple gaseous flame and a golden lightning aura suddenly appeared before him. Mei Hongli was startled at first, but right after he noticed the guy's face, he became furious instead: "Feng Luotian!!"

Mei Hongli automatically called out the name upon seeing that figure, but after a close inspection, he turned serious and had a hard time believing what he was seeing. Although Mei Hongli still did not sense any Theríon from the guy, the pressuring gaseous flame aura Feng Luotian gave off could tell his cultivation right away, and it was at Six Fangs.

Mei Hongli: "No, you are not Feng Luotian. Who are you!?" He instantly rejected all possibilities of that figure that might really be Feng Luotian because it was just impossible.

Feng Luotian sniggered: "Why does everyone from your group have to ask the same question? There is nothing impossible in this world, you know?"

Mei Hongli: "No, it's just not possible!! Wait! What happen to my men?" Upon realizing some implicative meaning within Feng Luotian's words, he quickly asked.

Feng Luotian gave a friendly smile as he answered: "They are all waiting for you outside."

"What?!" Mei Hongli was shocked.

Feng Luotian: "Stop wasting time!! Let me flush out the main cheater from this place!!"

Let's go back about fifteen minutes ago

Outside the exam area, where Mei Hongyi was sitting in front of the scoreboard waiting for the exam to be over. He did not seem to care so much about what happened to the scores behind him.

Currently, there were already more than twelve hundred people from about two thousand applicants getting sent out from the exam site due to serious injuries.

After being teleported out, the personnel from Alchemy Center would cure all of their injuries. And after they had recovered, they all tried to complain about how difficult this exam was. However, that was that.

Everyone already knew that the Peacock School's exam would be difficult. It was just that they did not think that it would be THIS difficult.

Mei Hongyi turned a deaf ear to any complaint regarding the exam.

On the scoreboard, there were less than eighty people who obtained some scores.

Other than those, even though they were still inside the exam area, their points were remaining at zero, including Feng Luotian.

The one in the top position right now was Mei Hongli [760 points].

The second rank was Ying Lizhua [410 points].

The third rank was Mei Yue'er and Sun Wuji's party [395 points] each.

Although the number of clones Mei Yue'er's party defeated was more than Mei Hongli, they had to share points between two people. Also, they had to face illusion clones randomly, while Mei Hongli had only been taking down low-level clones, so the point gap was getting wider and wider.

Right at this moment, a figure was sent out like any other twelve hundred before him. But the appearance of this guy brought the attention of Mei Hongyi.

He was Cai Lang, one of Mei Hongli's men. He was lying on the ground. His face was so bloodied that anyone could hardly recognize him. But from his Theríon and presence, Mei Hongyi knew who he was: "Cai Lang?"

Mei Hongyi quickly flashed down from the stage and took Cai Lang away from the crowd to heal him personally. A minute later, Cai Lang slowly opened his eyes. His mind still blurred and did not have much reaction. Until he saw Mei Hongyi, he immediately got up and knelt down.

Mei Hongyi said in low voice: "Cai Lang, what happened? The area I notified you lot shouldn't have any clones that could beat you up this badly."

Cai Lang: "…" He stayed silent because he did not know what to say. Even he himself had a hard time believing and did not have any proper explanation for it.

Mei Hongyi was impatient and sternly asked: "What's wrong? If you have something to say, then say it out!!"

Cai Lang responded: "I wasn't beaten by your clone, milord. It was someone … a person."

Mei Hongyi slightly frowned: "A person!? Who was it? Is there anyone else who can beat you that I don't know? I have made sure that the top candidates among the participants were teleported to other areas, but not the west one." He was very confused as he already prepared everything and made sure that his son would be able to take the top ranking.

With a shaken voice, Cai Lang slowly answered: "Milord … it was … Feng Luotian."

Mei Hongyi was surprised by the answer: "Luotian?"

Mei Hongyi slapped Cai Lang so hard that his face almost became as bloodied as before: "Who do you think I am? A fool?"

Even being beaten to such a state, Cai Lang still tried to explain: "I didn't trick you, milord. It was someone who looked exactly like him."

Mei Hongyi: "You!! Still persisting on your lies!!" He was only getting angrier by that response and raised his hand to slap the poor guy again, however …

"MILORD!!"

Before Mei Hongyi gave Cai Lang another slap, two of Alchemy Center's staff came running with anxious expressions.

They also carried two men with them. Mei Hongyi turned to them: "Cai Long? Cai Hu?"

Their faces were in the same state as Cai Lang when he was sent out. Mei Hongyi hastily healed both of them. Once they had woken up, Mei Hongyi started questioning them like what he did to Cai Lang.

Cai Long: "Milord, it was someone who looked like Feng Luotian."

Cai Hu: "Yes, milord. We don't dare to lie to you. There were also nine witnesses when it happened. Milord can interrogate them when they are out."

Both Cai Land and Cai Hu honestly answered while kneeling next to Cai Lang.

Hearing what the Cai trio said, Mei Hongyi frowned with a darkened face. No one knew what he was thinking right now.

After that, within fifteen minutes, all of Mei Hongli's remaining men were sent out one after another. And everyone said the same thing that it was Feng Luotian who completely beat them to the ground.

Mei Hongyi had no choice but to believe that there was someone with frightening power who looked just like Feng Luotian.

He flashed back onto the stage in front of the scoreboard and checked.

====================

1st Rank – Mei Hongli [920 points]

2nd Rank – Ying Lizhua [500 points]

3rd Rank – Mei Yue'er / Sun Wuji [470 points]

74th Rank – Feng Luotian [0 points]

====================

Mei Hongyi thought to himself: "If that guy was really Luotian, with such strength, he should not stay with [0 points] after almost half of the time period had passed. So, he should not be Luotian. He should be someone who impersonated himself as Luotian. But for what reason?"

As Mei Hongyi inwardly tried to deduce the situation, there was a change on the scoreboard.

One of the Alchemy Center's staff shakingly said: "Milord!! Please look at the score."

Not only the Alchemy Center's staff but also the rest of the participants who were watching the screens were all trembling with the change on the scoreboard.

Mei Hongyi: "What are you riled up for?" He was busy considering the 'fake' Feng Luotian's situation, then his staff was disturbing him.

On the scoreboard, there was one person whose rank was shot up like a rising star.

====================

10th Rank – Feng Luotian [150 points]

====================

"WHAT?!" Mei Hongyi exclaimed.

Once the crowd came back to reality after their souls were stunned by Feng Luotian's score, they began to talk about him incessantly, causing a clamoring sound and rumbling the stage.

2