CH 44 : EXACTLY AS I THOUGHT
32 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though Mei Hongyi had a cultivation level of the Two Wings Master and could look down on anyone in the city, facing such a top-tier group of people at the same time, he could not help but feel pressure from them. His voice was shaking as he asked the overwhelming newcomers: "Please excuse my bluntness, but why are you all here?"

With a really hoarse voice, Mei Hengkong retorted at Mei Hongyi's question: "I've come to watch my granddaughter. Got a problem with that?"

Mei Hongli: "N-No, milord!! Not a problem at all." He answered while repeatedly bowing his head like a chicken pecking grains on the ground.

Seeing the Second Elder of Peacock School acting like a servant in front of an old man, the crowd could not help but wonder who he was. Because Mei Hengkong had been in his retirement, and this crowd was from the young generation, they only knew about the top figures who managed the city right now.

Mei Hengkong slowly walked to the screen where his granddaughter was projected then found a seat to sit down.

The crowd started gossiping to each other.

"Even Peacock Lord has come here to watch!!"

"It's obvious, right? Goddess has participated this time."

"Oh, I see."

"Peacock Lady is as beautiful as before!!"

"But who is that gramps over there?"

"Shush!! How dare you call him 'gramps'? Didn't you see how Second Elder acted just now? If even Second Elder was acting like that, you think you will survive if that senior felt offended by your words?"

With a warning from his friend, he quickly covered his mouth with his two hands and sat down to hide in the crowd.

After Mei Hengkong found his seat, Peacock Lord invited each of his guests to take a seat. He himself had also found a seat beside his father, then his wife came and sat next to him. As for the First Elder, he stood behind Peacock Lord like he always did every time.

Peacock Lord turned to Mei Hongyi and asked: "So what exactly happened?"

Mei Hongyi's face turned darkened: "Report to Clan Chief …" He recounted everything about the exam, its rules, its rewards, and also Feng Luotian's matter.

When six of them heard about the exam, there was no reaction whatsoever, but after they were informed of Feng Luotian, their expression changed. The shock was the first that came to their minds, followed by excitement and expectation. Even Mei Hengkong who seemed to only care about his granddaughter swiftly turned his head towards Mei Hongyi and attentively listened to the story.

Looking at the image projection screen, Mei Xue'er spoke up with a teasing voice: "Oh my! When did Tian'er become so manly? He looks even more handsome than you when you were young, Darling!!" Even though her beautiful face was similar to Mei Yue'er, her personality was quite different. She seemed to be childish and playful, contrasting with Mei Yue'er who was quite serious all the time.

In his good mood, Peacock Lord chuckled: "Hehe. Stop inducing me to such competition. Why would I compete with Tian'er about looks?"

Seeing her husband not falling to her tricks, Mei Xue'er got irritated then ignored him completely: "Hmph!! What a boring old man!! Sigh. Tian'er is so dazzling since young. If I was still single, I would absolutely be fighting with Yue'er over Tian'er after this!!"

Hearing that, all surrounding men had no choice but to smile wryly.

Peacock Lord cleared his throat and said: "Ahem!! Anyway, it's great news that Tian'er has become so powerful."

Peacock Lord turned to the Second Elder: "Hongyi, generally, the exam's settings are very well thought out, the rules, the incentives, and traps. With this, there will only be promising students passing the exam." He gave his evaluation of the exam to Mei Hongyi.

Mei Hongyi bowed respectfully: "Thank you, Clan Chief!!"

Peacock Lord: "However, you are doting on your son too much. If you want to give him a late-stage Talon core, there is no need to do it so roundaboutly."

When his intention was being jabbed by Peacock Lord, Mei Hongyi could not find any word to refuse the claim: "I…"

Peacock Lord continued: "More than that if you really want to gain some reputation for your son, you should strictly tell him to do it in a more natural way, so people won't notice the difference when cheating."

Mei Hongyi: "…"

Peacock Lord was still rambling on without waiting for any answer from Mei Hongyi: "Nonetheless, it's already happened. There is no changing it. Let's watch what will transpire from now."

Finishing the sentence, Peacock Lord's attention turned to the screens, leaving Mei Hongyi completely lost in words.

Back to the scene between Feng Luotian and Mei Hongli.

Feng Luotian: "Stop wasting time!! Let me flush out the main cheater from this place!!"

====================

Name: Mei Hongli

Level: Seven Fangs

Bloodline: Thousand Illusion Aurora Peacock

Bloodline Ability: Illusion Clone

The user can create an illusion clone with the cost of Theríon. The higher level of the clone, the more Theríon it costs. Create an illusion clone at the same level as the user will cost their maximum Theríon capacity.

====================

Mei Hongli disdainfully sneered at Feng Luotian's words: "You? Sent me out? You must be dreaming. If you really are Feng Luotian, then don't forget the bet we made one month ago."

Feng Luotian casually replied: "Of course, if you are able to take to the top ranking in this exam, then I won't talk to Yue'er anymore and stay as far away from her as possible."

Mei Hongli: "To remember that bet, it seems like you are Feng Luotian after all. But how are you able to increase your cultivation that fast?" More and more, Mei Hongli started to believe that this guy before him was really Feng Luotian. Whether it was his tone, his personality, his words, and his bet, all were telling Mei Hongli so.

Feng Luotian did not wish to delay one more second, as he stomped the ground and launched himself towards Mei Hongli.

When Mei Hongli saw the incoming Feng Luotian, he quickly activated [Aurora Treading Step]. Although Mei Hongli's cultivation was higher than Feng Luotian, his instinct told him to flee as fast as possible.

A streak of green light connected Mei Hongli with another spot about 200 meters away.

Noticing the green streak of light, Feng Luotian's mouth curved into a smile: "Were you even thinking when you use that move to fight against me? I've seen it a thousand times before."

With another boom, he made another stomp with his left leg and changed the course of the assault. His speed burst and arrived at the Aurora Treading Step's endpoint. Feng Luotian twisted his body to perform a spin kick even before Mei Hongli could teleport.

His attack was so accurate that right after Mei Hongli appeared at the endpoint of [Aurora Treading Step], the spin kick he gave was perfectly connected to Mei Hongli's stomach. This was due to his battle experience from his past life. He had lived for more than five hundred years. And he had fought more than ten thousand battles.

Due to the kick force, Mei Hongli was blown away into the ancient ruin, crumbling the building in the process. Smoke and dust wholly covered the place.

Feng Luotian did not wait for the smoke to settle down, together with his newly generated [Evil Cyclone], he charged straight at the impact location.

After entering the 65 meters range, his eyes flashed in blue light. Following the activation of [Momentum Eyes], Feng Luotian increased his speed. There, a blue beam of light flashed aiming his forehead as its target. So, Feng Luotian shifted his head from the momentum path.

Immediately after, a dagger darted out from the cloud of smoke and flew right by his ear. Feng Luotian kept on advancing forward while dodging hidden attacks from Mei Hongli.

The smoke was gradually clear out. Feng Luotian could see a shadowy figure among the cloud. Once it was within his attack range, he dashed out and threw a dynamic punch at that figure. Upon receiving a punch from Feng Luotian, that figure slowly dissipated into an aurora light.

Feng Luotian said: "Exactly as I thought."

2