CH 45 : TOO WEAK!!
30 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was not that Mei Hongli was sent out by the punch from Feng Luotian. It turned out to be just an illusion clone made by Mei Hongli. Nevertheless, it generated another [Evil Cyclone].

As described in Kronos, [Illusion Clone] was an ability unique to Mei Clan, holders of [Thousand Illusion Aurora Peacock] bloodline.

It was to create a clone or clones that looked the same as or similar to oneself. Depending on how the user was using, the strength of the clones would be different but would always be weaker than the real body. It can be used to prepare an army for invasion, or a diversion in close combat.

The number and strength of the clones entirely depended on how much Theríon the user used to create each clone. As one got stronger and more efficient with this ability, the Theríon used would be lessened, like how the Second Elder could create thousands of clones at the same time, but Mei Hongli would only be only to create a few at a time.

Seeing another blue sweep of light crossed past his neck, Feng Luotian prepared himself.

Mei Hongli promptly emerged from the right side and swept his sword towards Feng Luotian's neck.

Feng Luotian jumped up to avoid the attack and gave a whip kick to Mei Hongli. But before the kick met its target, Feng Luotian said: "This one too, I guess."

And just like he said, after the kick hit Mei Hongli's head, once again that Mei Hongli slowly blurred and disappeared.

Succeeding the two exchanges, another blue slash of light manifested even faster than before, crossing from Feng Luotian's head down to his crotch. At this rate, Feng Luotian would be split in half by Mei Hongli's sword. However, …

Feng Luotian's whole body was suddenly covered in golden lightning that gave pressure even fiercer than before: "Hmph!! Nothing will be effective if you are not fast enough!!"

Feng Luotian flashed and disappeared, leaving the slash hit nothing but air.

Mei Hongli: "What?! How?!"

The one who attacked just now was the real Mei Hongli. He thought with two illusion clones distracting his enemy, he should be able to land a decisive hit. Actually, Mei Hongli was right. If Feng Luotian had not activated [Pinnacle Flash Lightning], he would not be able to dodge the attack in time.

Currently, Mei Hongli could not find Feng Luotian anywhere around him. The only thing he saw was streaks of lightning traveling back and forth. Feng Luotian was moving at the speed which the cultivators under Eight Fangs could not hope to track with their eyes.

Mei Hongli was getting anxious and challenged his opponent: "Come out and face me if you have the guts to do it!!" If he was to fight like this, there was no way he could deliver a single hit.

Feng Luotian plainly replied: "Okay."

Right after that, Feng Luotian sent his three [Evil Cyclones] to attack all Mei Hongli's weak points.

When Mei Hongli was busy protecting himself from the cyclones, a flash of lightning appeared behind him.

Following that, four impacts sounded.

A punch to the stomach.

A kick to the right leg.

A kick to the left temple.

And a punch to the face.

Four attacks in split second. And Mei Hongli was lying still outside of the exam site. He did not even see Feng Luotian's shadow or even know what hit him.

Feng Luotian: "Hmph!! Too weak!!"

Mei Hongyi hurried over to his son's side and treated his injury. Seeing how brutal his son had suffered, the rage inside was more than he could suppress: "FENG LUOT…!!!"

Before Mei Hongyi's rage could go beyond his reason, Peacock Lord interjected: "Do you have to be that angry? One part of it is your own fault for not restricting the fight among humans. Earlier your son's men also sent someone out with the same level of cruelty."

A flat comment from Peacock Lord stopped Mei Hongyi from going out of control: "That's not…"

Surely, he could not act as he pleased when such a figure was around. He wished to explain but could not find an excuse to justify his son, because it was exactly as Peacock Lord said.

Peacock Lord continued: "I agree with you that Tian'er has gone overboard with his punches. I will reprimand him personally and punish him accordingly."

Mei Hongyi: "…!! Thank you for your understanding, Clan Chief."

Although he did not believe that the Clan Chief would really punish Feng Luotian, now that he was one of the most talented younglings in Divine Bird City, Mei Hongyi had no choice but to let this go now and got back to him afterward.

Peacock Lord turned to Mei Hengkong: "Lord Father, I have some questions."

Mei Hengkong knew what his son wanted right away: "You want to ask me about the brat's aura and skill, right?"

Peacock Lord: "Yes, Lord Father. I know full well about his origin. But the aura he unleashed was not the same as his parents. Also, that movement skill, I've never seen anything like it. Even more, I've seen that cyclone's ability before, but it's nothing related to his supposed-to-have bloodline's abilities."

Mei Hengkong gave his own thought: "There are many skills that can increase the speed of oneself by several folds. He might obtain it from someone outside the city. And although that cyclone might look exactly like the one which the cultivators of [Evil Wind Dusk Chasing Owl] bloodline produce, there are still thousands of skills that we did not know. There might be some skill that yields the same result, but is different from the mentioned ability by their most fundamental things like activation requirements."

"…" Peacock Lord was silent and kept listening.

Mei Hengkong continued: "What really strange is his aura. One's aura represented one's bloodline. Different aura means different bloodlines. But there is no way one would have a different bloodline than their parents."

Peacock Lord affirmed: "Yes, that's what I thought too."

Mei Hengkong commented more: "His way of dodging the attack, along with his eyes flashing blue, that's definitely [Blue-Eyes Heavenly Royal Swan]'s [Momentum Eyes]. That means he's still got his mother's bloodline. However, that purple aura radiating from him was neither one of his parents' bloodlines."

Peacock Lord nodded approvingly: "Umm."

Mei Xue'er at the side casually gave her own opinion, whatever came to her mind first: "Maybe he created his own bloodline?"

Peacock Lord and Mei Hengkong simultaneously said: "Impossible!!"

Mei Hengkong felt like teaching to his daughter-in-law, so he explained in detail: "Xue'er, to create one's own bloodline means becoming a progenitor of one bloodline. That requires more than just thousands of years of experiment and research. They also need an original Theríon from the twelve divine beasts, which in the current world was practically impossible to find anymore. More than that, they will lose their former ability once a new bloodline was formed. To create a new bloodline while retaining the ability of the former bloodline, that was just unheard of. Even God cannot do it!!"

Mei Xue'er accepted the explanation but still insisted on her point of view: "I was just saying. Anything might be possible. Tian'er is his son after all."

Peacock Lord and his father became silent, exchanging glances and thinking about the possibility. But in the end, they rejected the idea by shaking heads. After all, the boy was just fourteen.

Feng Luotian: "And who said that these muscles are for carrying rice bags? Relying on Theríon alone will result in being thrashed for the rest of your life. Without body foundation, how are you going to use Theríon to its full capability? If my body wasn't hellishly trained in the past month, my overall combat abilities would have been minuscule compared to what I have now. Go back and build some muscles before challenging me again, Mei Hongli. Hmm?"

After 30 minutes had passed, the information on the scoreboard was projected on the sky for every participant who was still within the exam site to see.

====================

Score Ranking List

1st Rank – Mei Hongli [920 points]

2nd Rank – Ying Lizhua [540 points]

3rd Rank – Mei Yue'er / Sun Wuji [500 points]

5th Rank – Tu Lingxi [280 points]

6th Rank – Wei Ci / Wei Gang / Wei Hao / Wei Yan [215 points]

10th Rank – Feng Luotian [150 points]

====================

2