CH 51 : OUTSIDER
27 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Luotian smiled: "Hahaha. We only talked about how the four of you look identical to each other. That's all."

Wei Ci: "Really? And how come you all, except the guy over here (signaling at Ying Lizhua), are talking to me like I'm a single person?"

"!!" Mei Yue'er and Sun Wuji were jolted. They quickly looked at Feng Luotian who was now still as calm as before.

Yes. Exactly as Wei Ci said, forgetting Mei Yue'er who had stayed silent all this while, Sun Wuji always thought of him as a single person, so he let out a phrase such as 'a serious type of guy', or 'you' and not 'you guys' like Ying Lizhua said. As for Feng Luotian, he was probing from the start, so he deliberately said and regarded Wei Ci as a single person while he was greeting him.

Feng Luotian: "As I thought. Not only your bloodline and ability are rare, but you are also very cautious and quick-witted."

This time Wei Ci was the one surprised: "Oh? To know about my bloodline, you must be quite a bookworm."

Feng Luotian only smiled, then calmly said to Ying Lizhua: "Don't worry about his ability, Brother Ying. This guy is good."

Before the Wei party joined, Sun Wuji asked: "Why would you want to join us and defeat that clone anyway? It's not like you will get to the top and get that monster Core by doing this."

Wei Ci raised his index finger in front of him: "Brother, there is something much more precious than just one monster Core."

Sun Wuji: "What is it?"

Wei Ci smiled: "Real-life combat experience!!"

"!!" Sun Wuji was surprised: "Couldn't disagree with that!!"

The guy's logic was reasonable enough, so Sun Wuji did not say anymore.

Following that, four of them joined the party.

====================

PARTY

[Member 4]

Name: Wei Ci

Level: Six Fangs [*]

Bloodline: Body-Splitting Golden Duck

Bloodline Ability: Divided We Stand Level 6

The user can split their body up to 6 clones that share Theríon, damage, cultivation, vision, soul, and death. The user will also receive an extra Health of 60%.

[Member 5]

Name: Wei Gang

[Member 6]

[Member 7]

====================

Feng Luotian inwardly muttered: "Level: Six Fangs [*]? What's with the asterisk?" Then he tapped on the asterisk symbol.

====================

[Alert!! This number may be fabricated.]

====================

Feng Luotian: "!!"

Even though he was quite surprised by this, he only had a little twitch on his expression. Immediately after, he was back on his usual calmness. For whatever reason the guy was trying to hide his cultivation, Feng Luotian saw no harm in letting him join the team.

Even if the guy wished to get the first place and tried to steal the kill by leaving the party and dealing the finishing blow to the clone at the last moment, Feng Luotian would not mind at all. After all, if this guy got the first place, Mei Hongli would still lose the bet.

However, the gesture where Feng Luotian tapped an empty air and that slight change on Feng Luotian's face could not elude the guy, Wei Ci asked: "What's wrong, Brother?"

Feng Luotian flatly answered: "It's nothing. Just thinking that with just this member, it's still not enough to take that clone down."

Another voice came from behind: "Then let me join too."

It was the girl Feng Luotian signaled to before heading here. She was Tu Lingxi.

Tu Lingxi introduced herself: "My name is Tu Lingxi. My reason would be the same as them. I only want to have real-life combat experience. I'm curious as to how you guys will take it down. And I think I can be of help to you guys as well."

The rest of the party looked at Feng Luotian as if they already thought of him as their leader. Feng Luotian let Tu Lingxi join right away.

====================

PARTY

[Member 8]

Name: Tu Lingxi

Level: Six Fangs

Bloodline: White Bolt Floral Rabbit

Bloodline Ability 1: Void Jump Level Max

The user can jump from anything without ricocheting or impacting the jumping ground.

Bloodline Ability 2: Petal Prance Level 6

The user's jump speed and jump force +240% when jumping from a flower petal.

====================

Mei Yue'er asked: "Do you know her?" Knowing Feng Luotian, it was almost impossible for him to accept a stranger to the team without a little bit of interview.

Feng Luotian answered: "I met her a week ago outside the city." He did not wish to reveal too much about him and Tu Lingxi fighting against the Vulture Bandit Troupe as it related to the incident where Mei Yue'er was almost getting assassinated.

As this exam was administered by Alchemy Center: his prime suspect, Feng Luotian was afraid that there might be some formation to record the sound and transmit what they said to another person. Whether there was such a formation or not, it was better safe than sorry.

On the other hand, Mei Yue'er was asking him for a completely different reason. Not getting a clear answer, she became even more anxious, but nothing changed on the surface.

Sun Wuji: "Oh? You know her, Brother Feng? Is she strong? What's her bloodline?" Out of curiosity, he asked in a low voice as matters concerning one's bloodline were quite sensitive.

Feng Luotian refused: "I rather not say it."

Sun Wuji: "Why? There is no enemy here."

Feng Luotian: "It's complicated. And you yourself know really well why it is complicated."

Sun Wuji was getting irritated as he thought this was a small matter: "Stop with the suspense. Why would I know it's complicated when I don't know what you're talking about?"

Feng Luotian turned to Tu Lingxi: "Sister Tu, can I say your bloodline out loud?"

There was a little twitch on Mei Yue'er's face when she heard Feng Luotian calling the girl 'Sister'.

Tu Lingxi pondered for a while and finally nodded, while some hesitation still lingered.

Feng Luotian: "Okay. Her bloodline was White Bolt Floral … Rabbit." It was quite noticeable that he did not wish to reveal her bloodline at all, especially the last word.

Sun Wuji was stunned, not knowing what to say.

Hearing an answer from Feng Luotian, Ying Lizhua harshly commented in an instant: "Hmph!! Another outsider."

Tu Lingxi: "!!" She was hit quite hard by the word, hanging her head down without saying anything back.

Tu Lingxi knew full well where she came from. Being invited to this exam by Feng Luotian made her feel that the world outside her home was not that bad and she could become a part of it.

"You rude bastard!! Can you even spell the word 'manner'?"

Mei Yue'er instantly burst out in anger while all previous suspicious thoughts about Feng Luotian and Tu Lingxi instantaneously disappeared. She drew out her sword, pointing at the guy with the real killing intent as one of what she could not tolerate was men bullying women.

As for Sun Wuji, his expression was darkened while walking toward Ying Lizhua. Standing right in front of Ying Lizhua, Sun Wuji fiercely tugged the guy's collar and solemnly said with his face only an inch away: "And what's wrong with being an outsider, huh? Isn't she also a person?"

The term [outsider] used in Divine Bird City indicated specific people.

Divine Bird City was established by a group of people whose bloodlines were inherited from Divine Beast [Phoenix], so its original citizens only owned bloodlines with feather wings, in another word, birds.

As the city grew and prospered, it was natural that someone from outside would seek to come and invest their business here. The more business emerged, the city became even more prosperous, so the ones in charge of the city allowed them to enter.

However, with a distinct trait of the city's bloodline, the ones from outside could not escape discrimination from its denizens. Even though they were not saying it clearly, the [outsiders] were always victimized by the discrimination: bullied, cheated, and exploited.

Rarely would someone from the city befriend an outsider.

Feng Luotian's group was an uncommon case when Sun Wuji and his [Blitz Stone Titan Monkey] bloodline was the best friend and sworn brother of God's Son: Feng Luotian and Peacock Lord's beloved daughter: Mei Yue'er.

Although no one said it out loud and his friends did not mind it, Sun Wuji realized that people around them did not approve and would talk behind their backs.

Sun Wuji had been in this city since he was young.

There was a time when he was tortured by bandits, and even there were people seeing him being tortured, no one extended their hands to help, just because he was an 'outsider'.

At that time, there were only a group of kids led by Feng Luotian who beaten down some bandits and rescued him from all of those sufferings. And from then on, they had all become sworn brothers.

Sun Wuji had fought with this discrimination for a very long time yet he was still far from accomplishing his goal. That explained why Sun Wuji was also oversensitive to the term.

He would not allow anyone to make a disrespectful remark about them being an 'outsider' for no reason. That was one thing Sun Wuji had sworn to protect.

2