CH 54 : THE FINAL SHOWDOWN (2)
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the last [Gold Lock] was about to wear out, Wei Ci shouted: "That's the fourth [Gold Lock]!! You all will have to wait for about two minutes before I can use it again. In the meantime, good luck!" With that, Wei Ci and his three clones quickly retreated.

His action was understandable. Wei Ci and the gang were the most fragile cultivators in the party. His physique was even weaker than those of normal Three Fangs Fighters. A little stray attack from the clone could evaporate them on touch.

[Gold Lock]'s duration soon came to an end, and the clone could finally move again. It swiftly turned toward Ying Lizhua and swung its hand down.

Feng Luotian's eyes flashed in blue light: "Brother Ying, move back two steps and swing your sword to the …"

Ying Lizhua: "Shut up!! I don't need your guide!!" His pride did not allow him to listen to anything Feng Luotian said. He raised his sword to meet with the clone's hand chop directly.

Ying Lizhua was confident that after being boosted by [Eagle Flight], although he could not deal as much damage as he expected, he could still fight with it evenly. However, he was wrong. Once his attack met with the clone's, Ying Lizhua was sent flying away and bounced off the ground a few times before stopping, creating a huge cloud of dust.

Seeing no reaction from Ying Lizhua, Sun Wuji jabbed: "Is he dead?" He, of course, knew that Ying Lizhua was still there, being in the same party and all, but he could not help but give some sarcastic remark, because the guy did not listen and just went and soloed the clone.

Sun Wuji added: "Did he skip the class where Teacher Shu mentioned the [Oppressive Principle]?"

Feng Luotian cheerfully responded: "Hahaha. Brother Ying was there. He knew about this very well. He was just too overconfident in his attack power."

Mei Yue'er harshly commented: "The word 'stupid' isn't enough to describe his action."

Amidst the cloud of dust, after hearing such remarks, Ying Lizhua swiped his hand to clear up the cloud and roared with some blood splashing from his mouth: "You bastard!!" No one knew whom Ying Lizhua was cursing. It could be anyone from Feng Luotian's group, or maybe he was cursing at the clone who blasted him away.

One thing to be explained was the [Oppressive Principle]. The difference between the [Oppressive Principle] and the [Suppressive Principle] was that the latter was when the weaker cultivator was attacking while the stronger was defending. As for the former, it was when an attack met with another attack.

[Suppressive Principle] would decrease the end-result damage and effect of the attack, skill, or ability. However, [Oppressive Principle] would drop the initial attack power before comparing it with the attack power of their opponent who had the higher cultivation level.

As Ying Lizhua's cultivation level was lower than the clone for five levels, his attack power would need to be at least five times higher than those of the clone, but at this level of cultivation, it would be quite impossible for such a feat.

The main point made when teaching kids about the [Oppressive Principle] was that if someone with higher cultivation levels attacked you, then the optimal solution was to dodge, and definitely not retaliate. This point was reminded many times when they were in their pre-school. That was why Feng Luotian's group said it like that.

However, there was another way to handle attacks from someone stronger. That was to parry the attack on the account that one needed a weapon on par with their opponent's, like when Feng Luotian was one-on-one with the Vulture Bandit Troupe's leader: Jiu Hao in their last bout, Feng Luotian used the same weapon to parry the attacks.

But not everyone could perform parries in series. The trick was the perfect timing. The attack was made and would connect to its target within a split of a second. Even a reincarnator like Feng Luotian required three things to perfectly parry the attack: extensively focused mind, abundance battle experience, and his skill [Momentum Eyes]. It was difficult to find someone else who could execute such a feat, so no one would teach and recommend their students about it.

On the stage outside the exam site.

"I thought this joke was more laughable than that of my son's, don't you think, Eagle Lord?"

He An commented to the screen and his tone was as indifferent as it could. However, the content he was saying was completely opposite to his attitude. It was like he plucked out the spear stabbing him a while earlier then threw that spear back towards the same place he got.

Eagle Lord's face became red in an instant as he immediately stood up: "YOU!!"

But before he could take any action, a comment stopped him: "If you want to fight, do it elsewhere!!"

It was from Mei Hengkong. He did not even turn towards the Eagle Lord when he spoke, but he continued to watch the screen without caring about anything around him.

"!!" Eagle Lord could only sit back down and silently continue watching.

The rest of the group made a huge sigh in their heart. If two Lords were to fight here, it would be disastrous.

The clone, who just blasted Ying Lizhua away with its hand chop, turned around and charged at the closest target on sight: Feng Luotian.

Feng Luotian: "Brother Sun. Sister Tu. Attack when I give you the signal. Yue'er, prepare your skill and get ready to unleash it once the [Gold Lock] from Brother Wei is up. Go!!"

With that, Feng Luotian and the group charged at the clone to engage in the battle.

Under the guidance of Feng Luotian's [Momentum Eyes], everyone was able to attack without worries. More than that, if the clone attacked them, Feng Luotian could guide them to dodge and deal a counterattack as a result.

In one of the close-call situations where they would not be able to dodge the clone's attack in time, Feng Luotian would send out his [Evil Cyclone] he generated earlier to interfere with the attack, getting them out from danger.

Everything went according to plan like a breeze. The main reason was probably this was a clone rather than a person. It was programmed to move and attack in a certain way but it could not improvise and adjust its technique. For someone with much battle experience like Feng Luotian, a couple of exchanges could tell him its attack pattern and weak points. To them, this was more like fighting a training dummy than battling a Three Talon clone.

When Ying Lizhua recovered from the previous attack, he witnessed the scene as his expression darkened.

Although his damages done to the clone were much higher than Feng Luotian's group, seeing them fighting with the clone without taking any hit at all, Ying Lizhua felt a little depressed.

His pride did not allow him to let anyone act superior to him in any aspect. Ying Lizhua began to move, eager to fight as well.

However, before he could enter the fighting range, Feng Luotian sent a sound transmission: "Brother Ying. Please standby and get ready. Once Yue'er unleashed her skill, you can attack. With this plan, we will definitely be able to take this thing down. We couldn't afford to lose a high damage output like you."

Ying Lizhua frowned: "So, you mean I can't handle myself fighting it?"

Feng Luotian: "I didn't say that, but I believe in certainty, not possibility. If there is a slim chance that you could be sent out, I won't allow that!!"

Ying Lizhua: "Hmph!!"

He could only express his dissatisfaction and stay out of the battle. If Feng Luotian would not allow it, then the guy would not let him fight alone. So, Ying Lizhua finally chose to wait rather than fight together with them.

Wei Ci shouted in the party chat: "[Gold Lock] is up!!"

Feng Luotian commanded: "Retreat!!"

Immediately after that, Feng Luotian, Sun Wuji, and Tu Lingxi quickly got out of the combat.

The clone could only chase them down for two steps and was finally immobilized by Wei Ci's [Gold Lock].

Feng Luotian: "Yue'er, now!!"

Mei Yue'er: "[Thousand Illusion Strike]!!"

The confined clone became an easy target for her thousand clones.

Feng Luotian: "Yue'er, retreat. Brother Ying, would you please?"

Ying Lizhua: "Hmph!! I don't need you to remind me."

After receiving the previous damage, his attack power increased even more by his [Blood Steel]. His next onslaught would be even more ruthless than before.

In the next four seconds, a series of frenzy attacks were made by Ying Lizhua, finally cutting off the clone's left arm.

Feng Luotian sent a sound transmission: "Brother Ying, retreat."

Feng Luotian charged in early this time. He would not risk any dumb move from Ying Lizhua's stubbornness.

As for Ying Lizhua, because he also knew his limit, he was more obedient than before and retreated as planned.

Feng Luotian said: "Yue'er. Brother Sun. Sister Tu. Same as before!!"

All three of them replied in unison: "Understood!!"

Peacock Lord laughed: "Hahaha. This generation is quite promising. If it continues like this, once the Wei's disabling skills are off their cooldown next time, your clone will definitely be finished, huh, Hongyi?"

Mei Hongyi: "This can't be!!" He stood up in shock at how the kids nowadays could jump levels and fight equally. Following that, his eyes flashed: "Hehe, seeing such brilliant cultivators soon to become our disciples, I'm so moved to tears. If you would excuse me for a moment, I would like to go to wipe them off in the washroom."

For his son's achievement, Mei Hongyi would do anything. But before he could even walk, a voice interrupted him.

Peacock Lord: "No need for that, Hongyi. You can perform your [Possession] here. I won't judge you. As I said before, I would like to see what they will do against such an opponent."

Mei Hongyi: "I …"

It seemed the Peacock Lord could really see through every thought of Mei Hongyi. So, he ordered Mei Hongyi to do his very best to increase the difficulty of the final showdown.

Mei Hongyi could not speak any words to reply to Peacock Lord, so he obediently sat down on his seat and closed his eyes to perform the aforementioned [Possession].

Mei Hongli, who was watching from the side, could not help but grin from ear to ear while thinking: "Hahaha, with Father's [Possession], there is no way you can defeat that clone. Feng Luotian!! After the exam is over, you should say bye-bye to Yue'er and get away from her as far as possible!! Hahaha!!"

Peacock Lord did not know about their bet, so he did not care whether Feng Luotian's group would get the top ranking or not. After all, they had all already passed the exam. The only thing he cared about would be how to raise these younglings to be strong pillars to this city in the next generation.

One minute before Wei Ci's [Gold Lock] was off its cooldown.

Sun Wuji gleefully commented: "Before I thought this fight is going to be a tough one, hehe, this is too easy, don't you think, Brother Feng?"

The fight was so leisurely that they started talking when fighting. They were already adapted to the clone's attack pattern. Even without Feng Luotian saying it out loud, they could dodge and counterattack on their own as they themselves were also top geniuses amongst the new generation.

Feng Luotian could not help but remind his sworn brother: "Brother Sun, please. Don't let your guard down."

Sun Wuji smiled as he asked: "Why? With this tempo, it will be dead after the next [Gold Lock]!!"

Feng Luotian chose to stay quiet this time. Actually, he was worried about another possibility that was why he tried to avoid any risk as much as possible.

He thought: "The Second Elder wouldn't be that heartless, would he?" However, the moment he finished that thought, the clone's eyes flashed in the green light, making Feng Luotian's complexion become as dark as it could be.

Feng Luotian gave an order out loud: "Brother Sun, retreat!!"

2