Chapter 2
1.1k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a cloudy and wet Friday afternoon and both Alex and Chloe had just finished school. Alex himself was in middle school while his elder sister Chloe was a senior in high school but since their schools were right next to each other they’d often walk home together.

 

While on the way home the two decided to stop at a convenience store on the way.

 

And after going in the two started to browse, Alex looked at the chocolate in the back right of the store while Chloe looked at the energy drinks in the middle left the two often took their time when deciding on something choosing something only to put it back and pick something else.

 

While this was going on however a suspicious-looking man walked in the store with his hands in his pockets. He was dressed in a grey, worn down jacket along with long black pants and brown muddy boots that looked as though he’d just been running around playing in the mud.

 

His face gave off a bad vibe as well with his skin being a pasty white, his eyes looking tired and bloodshot and his hair being long and messy with a short and scruffy beard

 

No matter how you looked at it this man didn’t seem like the kind of guy you’d want to get involved with and although people say don’t judge a book by its cover this man quickly proved that expression otherwise stopping in front of the cashier and pulling out a small but intimidating gun from his Jackets left pocket aiming it at him before grabbing a scrunched up plastic bag from his right pocket and speaking.

 

“Fill up this bag” the man said before chucking the plastic bag at him and cocking his gun

 

“R-Right” The cashier replied nervously 

 

Meanwhile, while this was happening Chloe was squatting near the back of the store trying to reach Alex while mouthing words to him trying to stay hidden while being as quiet as possible

 

“Alex stay hidden I’m coming to you” She gestured to him

 

Alex replied with a nod seeming to understand easily enough.

 

Chloe started making her way towards Alex trying not to be seen while the robber was distracted.

 

Unfortunately however while the robbers primary focus was on both the cashier and money he was very fidgety and paranoid turning his head towards the front door every so often and just before the frightened cashier could finish putting all of the money in the bag the man saw Chloe in the corner of his eye only now seeming to notice or even care that there were others in the store he then freaked out pulling his trigger by accident and shooting the cashier in the head, killing him instantly. He then turned and shouted at Chloe.

 

“Oi you! get the fuck over here and stop sneaking around!” he said pointing his gun at Chloe

 

“U-uh…” Chloe stuttered looking both shaken and speechless after what she just witnessed

 

“Now! Hurry the fuck up!” The man said raising his voice

 

“O-Okay” Chloe replied clearly terrified

 

She then got up her legs shaking aggressively before heading towards the man but Alex’s gaze was directed to something specific Chloe's hand while getting up she kept it hidden from the mans gaze and used it to signal Alex telling him to stay put.

 

She then walked over towards the man as fast as she could but due to her fear of the situation, she kept hesitating slowing down for a few moments before speeding up again.

 

“Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Come on! Faster bitch!” The man said impatient while also getting annoyed

 

After being yelled at by the armed madman Chloe quickened her pace getting within a metre of the man before stopping and continuing to shake uncontrollably.

 

“Now then, go behind the counter and finish filling the bag” the man said in a calm and gentle voice as if he was trying to calm himself down

 

“R-Right” Chloe responded still a little shaken and filled with adrenaline

 

Chloe barely hesitated for even a second going towards the small door leading to the back of the counter she then opened the door which luckily for her wasn’t locked she then went in trying her best not to react to the corpse in front of her.

 

She then bent down picking the blood soaked bag up from the floor trying not to scream or cry after accidentally touching some of the bodies blood and remains that got onto the bag.

 

She then held the bag open with her left hand and continued to fill it grabbing the money from the register with her right.

 

While she was doing this however the man was fidgeting clearly on edge himself after killing the boy from earlier and still being here.

 

“Okay that’s enough just hand it over”

 

After hearing that Chloe immediately froze before getting it together again and handing him the money.

 

“Good good” the man said sounding a little relieved

 

“Now to finish it” and with that the man pointed his gun at Chloe’s head before cocking it again

 

“HEY!”

 

But before he could pull the trigger Alex interviened running towards him.

 

“ALEX WAIT STOP!”

 

Alex heard his sister shout at him telling him to stop but he ignored it instead leaping at the man and trying his best to push the gun out of his hand but before he could get it away.

 

*Bang*

29