Chapter 7
503 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was early in the morning, the sun had at least half an hour before rising and Aurora could be seen sound asleep curled up in a blanket with her face buried into her pillow.

 

Aurora wasn’t very good with early mornings whenever it got dark she could feel herself grow tired almost instantly and although she wasn’t a hundred percent sure as to why, her leading theory was that it reminded her of when she was in the void and it subconsciously made her sleepy.

 

Suddenly she felt something poke her, at first she didn’t pay it much mind still tired from last night after Damian spent most of the night crying with her mother trying her best to calm him down.

 

She then felt it again, this time she tried to push whatever it was away but she couldn’t feel anything so she just stopped trying and went back to sleep.

 

She then heard what she thought was a sigh before she felt a very small and mild pain, one that also somehow had some force behind it. This freaked Aurora out for a moment causing her to jump up and open her eyes she then looked behind her and saw her father with his left hand positioned to where her head had just been resting, he flicked her.

 

Aurora then looked at her father both annoyed and a little confused before speaking “Wh—“ but before she could finish that sentence her father covered her mouth with one hand, with the other being positioned so that his pointer finger was covering his own mouth, he then used it to point towards her mother who could be seen sleeping while sitting up with Damian in her arms.

 

He then took his hand away from her mouth and gestured for her to follow him quietly, he then got up and left, leaving Aurora alone for a moment still a little startled after what just happened.

 

Later, after Aurora had gotten dressed the two locked the front door before walking off towards the place where Samson’s supplies and materials were, walking down the street and watching the sun slowly rise as they did so.

 

After walking for what felt like hours for Aurora was in reality, twenty minutes, at this rate they wouldn’t be back before nightfall so Aurora’s father picked her up letting her ride on top of his shoulders as he walked.

 

“We’re going to have to work on your stamina”

 

“Mhm” Aurora replied sounding defeated.

 

After hearing her response Aurora’s father just chuckled as he continued to walk. This was Aurora’s first time outside of her neighbourhood after being reincarnated and it was both a new and exciting experience. Everywhere she looked there was something new to her such as market stalls that sold weird looking fruits and vegetables, people blending their Magic's together in order to entertain people and promote what looked to be their business’s as well as people from different races like orcs, elves, dwarves and even some variants of beastmen she’s never seen before. 

 

If she were to choose one word to describe it she would probably choose “Colorful” she accidentally let it slip out.

 

“Oh yeah? You like it do ya?” Her father asked grinning a little bit.

 

After hearing him respond to her little blunder Aurora went silent for a moment feeling extremely embarrassed but she knew that she couldn’t just stay silent so she spoke again.

 

“Y-Yes it’s nice” she replied feeling stupid as she did so.

 

“Nice huh? Well I guess we’ll have to do this again, in our spare time though, when I don’t have to focus on work”

 

“Okay” she agreed, looking forward to that day.

15