Shido Vs. Genesis (2).
286 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
While Shido was fighting in the mindspace, Members of Night Raid were fighting their own fights simultaneously.
 
Danjuro and Kaina were trying to curb the enormous army of PX-41 Mutants by using the Antidote Guns provided by Dr. Nefario. Danjuro was using his quirk to make platforms in the air, and he used those platforms as his support while he shot the Mutants. Meanwhile, Kaina used the Jet Boots to maneuver between the horde of Mutants and shoot Antidote into the Mutants' mouths.
 
After the initial push, the two were finding it hard to reduce the number of mutants. Now they were in such a position that they could only dodge the attacks of the Mutants.
 
Aside from these two, La Brava was fighting her own fight, albeit it was not physical. While sitting on the roadblock that Shido made, La Brava was fidgeting while looking at her screen.
 
The task assigned to her by Shido was to enter the server the Insurgents were using to communicate and try to pry information about the Inserruction. With the information in their hands, they could send it to Homeland Security and inform the authorities of Genesis' and Quirkless Welfare Organization's ploy.
 
Agent Alex did the task of informing the authorities about the Inserruction but they have little to no idea what is going to happen. Thus, La Brava was now busy trying to enter the server and scrape information as much she can.
With such a big task on her shoulder, it was evident that she was under pressure and it hampered her task but she still somehow coped with it. But the talented hacker was stopped when she met her opponent, AI.
 
The Artificial Intelligence kept La Brava on the gates and prevented her from entering the server. No matter how hard she tried, the AI would somehow prevent her from entering. Well, the problem for La Brava didn't end there. The server kept changing locations after a fixed interval of time, so if an attempt failed, La Brava would've to start from scratch and locate the server and then attempt to enter it.
 
La Brava was so irritated after several failed attempts that, she just wanted to bulldoze through the firewall and enter the server. But that had problems as well. It could destroy the server and potentially risk deleting the information that she was seeking. It also could alarm the Insurgents that the information is out and they might change their plans at the very last moment.
 
Under such conditions, La Brava was finding herself struggling with what to do as her conventional methods kept falling like wooden arrows under the metallic protection of AI.
 
Around 5 miles away, Knuckleduster was trying his best to handle the chaotic populace and direct them in a safer direction. Considering all of this, Shido being thrashed at the same time was not that good of a motivation factor to them.
 
One might ask where are Pro-Heroes who generally guarded the city and the answer is, today was a declared holiday for the Pro-Heroes.
Pro-Heroes are registered under the Hero Council of America and once registered, they enjoy the freedom of autonomy while having the rights of a normal level Law Enforcement Agent. This autonomy came with the trade-off that Pro-Heroes will not be considered as government personnel that can be deployed by the government order. This excludes them from various perks like pension, and other welfare schemes.
 
So when the Martial Law was established in Downtown Los Angeles last night, the heroes were specifically told not to interfere in the matter. Ignoring or breaking the Martial Law by the Heroes would lead to serious actions, involving the revoking of their Hero License.
 
While Roxanne Ritchi covered the one-sided beating of Night Slash, the rest of the reporters broadcasted the struggles of Night Raid, and the people who were watching the broadcast were looking for the heroes they knew for so long to come in and help, but nothing like that happened.
 
The struggle of the five people trying to fight an army to save a city and its people moved the people's hearts and minds. These individuals who were fighting to save the citizens were termed as Vigilantes but they were the ones doing the work of Heroes while the ones who are termed as Heroes are enjoying their day-off but who could blame them, the Pro-Heroes were only trying to save their livelihoods.
 
But the most attention was on the scene of Night Slash being beaten by a maniacally laughing Genesis. The Badass Quirkless Hero who solo'd a thousand-person army all by himself now was getting thrashed. The reality of the fight started to kick-in in the minds of the people.
It was not a fight they could cheer the Heroic Side and then return to their home at the end of the day. The entire city of LA was on the line.
 
People were desperate, the Guardians were struggling. It was not a fight. It was a battle for survival for these people.
 
If Genesis wins today, the whole of America would fall down to his hands and the current situation was entirely in his favor. Night Slash was down, Night Raid was struggling. There seemed little to no hope for the people of LA.
 
But sometimes, people receive hope at unexpected times from unexpected people.
 
Danjuro and Kaina who were struggling to keep up with the horde of Mutants heard a loud sound of a jet engine and the metallic sound of a minigun's barrel rolling. When they were about to turn and see what was happening.
 
*GRRR*
 
The sound of a shooting minigun resounded and the mutants who were attacking Danjuro and Kaina a moment ago were now covering their faces using their hands. With the sudden turn of the tide, Kaina turned around and saw a huge metallic airship mounted with a big minigun was shooting Antidote-laced Jelly onto the Mutants.
 
And the Airship was too gaudy for them to even forget the owner of the airship. He was the only ally that the team had made in America and he was Felonius Gru.
 
A Minion was operating the minigun while Dr. Nefario handled the Airship. Seeing the unexpected help turning the tide of the fight, Danjuro and Kaina smiled and rushed into the horde of mutants to fight.
 
------------------------------------------------
While Knuckleduster was struggling to handle the crowd, thick yellow cables quickly started coming out of nowhere and started marking pathways for the people.
 
"Follow the rope and you will safely get out of here! NO NEED TO RUSH!" shouted the source of the ropes, Gru.
He fused a few minions using his quirk and formed ropes out of them to make a path for the evacuees.
 
"You know Douchebag... I am not that useless," Gru said to Knuckleduster with a grin on his face.
------------------------------------------------
La Brava was biting her nails while watching the screen of her laptop. She was waiting for the process to complete successfully but it didn't take long for her hopes to be shattered as the process ended up in failure.
 
She had tried nearly all the conventional methods to enter the server but it kept failing. Usually, she would've hacked into the phone of one of the Insurgents to enter into the server but for some reason, all of the Insurgents were kicked out of the server the moment they started their attack.
 
It was obvious that the perpetrator knew La Brava would try the Insurgents' devices to enter the server.
Since all of her conventional methods failed, she finally decided to resort to radical ones. One of the radical methods was to bulldoze through the server but she had to cross that method out, she then took out a USB Drive.
 
'It is time...' She thought as she looked at the USB Drive in her hand.
 
Usually, La Brava wouldn't resort to the method that she was about to implement as it contradicted her ethics as a white-hat hacker but the current situation was asking her to break the ethics that she followed religiously to this day and complete the task she was assigned.
 
She quickly made a new file 'Instructions.pdf'. The pdf file was empty but it was not the purpose of the file. She connected the USB Drive to her laptop and opened the Virus Repository inside the drive and entered the Malware Section.
 
She then connected the PDF file to a Remote Access Trojan (RAT) and then sent the file to every single contact in the contact list of the Insurgent.
 
Soon, various notifications of new sessions opening in new devices started popping on her Hacking Software Interface. She then entered into some of the devices that she thought were suspicious and then started looking into their Internet details and after spending a good few minutes, she was able to identify one device that was connected to the communication server of the Insurgents.
 
La Brava entered that device and started snooping around and then she found the treasure trove. The Server was open and all messages were now accessible to her.
 
She quickly copied the entire log of chats to her laptop and started sorting through the keywords and it didn't take long for her to find the next move of the Insurgents. But the moment she read the message, her eyes widened up as the message was too wild for La Brava to comprehend.
 
Start the Inserruction the moment Los Angeles is destroyed.
------------------------------------------------
[Inside the Mindspace]
 
The Black Liquid which was devouring everything in the mindspace was now getting devoured by a white liquid and currently, Shadow was the one getting devoured by the liquid and Shido stood in front of him.
 
"You were so sure of your victory that you didn't even put an effort! Is this the reason you didn't even fight?!" Shadow asked Shido while shouting in panic as the liquid slowly devoured him.
 
"Partly..."
 
"So this battle goes to your side! But there are still two more battles you need to win to win the war against Genesis!" Shadow informed but he only got Shido's silence as a reply.
 
Since he didn't get an answer, Shadow admitted his defeat, "You win... You always win... Who are you?" It asked.
 
"I have been asking the same question. Am I Hero? A Vigilante? A Villain... A Savior? or A Family Man?
It turns out... I am all of them," Shido's thoughts were provoked when he saw his memories of his entire life in front of him.
 
After Shadow heard Shido's answer, it didn't take long before the liquid devoured Shadow and the mindspace was now completely grey, which was a bit different from the initial white color of the mindspace.
 
But before Shido could do anything, a bright light flashed and Shido found himself in a very different body.
------------------------------------------------
Shido had his head low as he was looking at his hands. He was confused why was he looking different from what he would usually look like. He thought, 'Did I transmigrated again?' It happened the first time when he transmigrated to MHA; He woke up in an entirely different body. Did it happen again and if it did, then where was he now?
 
Various thoughts clouded his mind like where he was now or what his identity is here but the most that came into his mind was if the possibility of him being transmigrated again is true then he left Fuyumi and his daughters behind.
 
While he was thinking about what would he do now, he felt a pair of arms embracing him from behind.
 
"Will everything be okay, Reid?" He heard a soft feminine voice which was most probably the one who is embracing him.
'Reid?' He thought.
 
He turned around and saw the one who was hugging him. She was a woman with long purple hair and purple eyes. She was wearing black-rimmed glasses. She had a cute face but had a mature vibe to her. Apart from her other physical features, the most prominent was the big belly on her normal body which meant only one thing. She was pregnant.
 
Shido didn't know why but his hands moved on his own and he hugged her back.
"Everything will be okay Alina... Yesterday, I got the job. George was the one who helped me get it. Is it okay to invite him to dinner tomorrow?" Words came out of his mouth but Shido didn't even command his body to talk.
 
Everything was going on without his intent. Hugging this woman, Talking to her, It was like a game cutscene where he could only watch and the things will happen on their own.
 
"Yes, Invite him and his son Jakob too. After all, he is your best friend and he helped you land the job as well. We can at least do this to show our gratitude." Alina said as she further burrowed her head into Reid's chest.
 
"Well, then your birthday's also there at the end of the week. So do you have anything in your mind that you would like as your birthday present?"
 
"Doctor said I may go into labor this week and he said our soon-to-be daughter is healthy, so I can say that's the gift I am expecting," Alina said with a smile on her face.
 
This made Reid smile and he tighten his hug and nestled his cheeks with hers. While they were sharing their intimate moment. A White haze covered everything and Reid/Shido found himself standing in front of a door in a hallway but Alina - who he was embracing a moment ago - was not with him anymore. Sound of grunting, screaming, a loud moaning could be heard. It was evident that someone was giving birth behind the doors.
 
He then felt a pull on his shirt. When he looked down, he saw a little girl around the age of Eri and Himiko was pulling his shirt. The girl had purple hair and dark purple eyes. The purple hair reminded him of Alina.
 
"Dad, Is mom going to be okay?" The little girl asked with worry visible on her face.
 
Reid crouched down and caressed the little girl's head. He looked at her with a smile,
 
"You don't need to worry Alice, Your Mom is gonna be fine and shake off that worry on your face. Do you want to welcome your little sister into our family with that expression?"
 
The little girl, Alice, shook her head, giving a negative answer to Reid's question. This made Reid smile wider and he caressed her head more. Getting her head patted by her father made Alice relax.
 
He may have dissolved his daughter's worry but he was worried too. Since this morning, he was having a bad feeling but he didn't know what it was. While he was contemplating this bad hunch, he saw a bright light flash behind the door.
 
Reid - who had a bad hunch about it - ran and pulled open the doors. He saw a middle-aged man and a young woman standing near Alina who was in her labor,
The man was tall with long white hair and a white beard earing a suit, and the young woman had white hair and red eyes wearing an elegant fur-trimmed white coat and a white fur cap.
 
Seeing the man, Reid's breathing started to get erratic. But he still showed courage and quickly stood between his wife and the man. The doctor who was attending Alina couldn't leave her position as Alina's condition is already critical and leaving her now would result in the death of the mother as well as the unborn child.
 
"Can you all please leave! I am trying to operate and save the life of the mother and the child here!" The doctor commanded all the people who were in the operating room.
 
The Middle-aged man looked at the doctor with narrowed eyes. The young woman who came with him snapped her finger and the Doctor disappeared from everyone's sight. When Alice was perplexed to find where the doctor was, she heard a scream.
 
She looked out of the window and what she saw then horrified her. She saw the doctor falling down and then he crashed on the ground with blood splattering around his body.
 
"I always thought that after living for so long and experiencing so many things, I won't be surprised by anything at all but see... Life always has a surprise for everyone. Like I, who was searching for you for 40 years found you, and You - who were running away from me for 40 years - found me at your happiest moment. Isn't it surprising?" The Middle-aged man said to Reid. His voice was elegant and regal. His gaze looked down upon everything in front of him like he was the king of the world himself.
 
He had a small smile on his face when he saw Reid trying to cover the lady in labor.
 
"Whatever issue you have, it is with me... I-It's between you and me. You don't need to involve them in this." Reid tried to put up a strong front but his voice faltered in between.
 
Listening to Reid's voice faltering, The Middle-aged man's smile died down, "Pathetic..." He cursed at Reid with disappointment clear on his face, "Your voice just faltered, Reid. Is this the result for which I wasted my 15 years to train you? So that your voice can falter in front of a difficult situation!" The Man shouted in anger and grabbed Reid's collar.
 
Alice - who was watching the scene from a bit far - was trembling in fear. The young woman who was standing behind the Middle-aged man put her hand on the man's shoulder.
 
"Master, your anger level has risen above the average. It is suggested that you should calm down now," She told the middle-aged man.
 
When the man heard this, he released Reid's collar and took some deep breaths. After taking some deep breaths, he calmed down. He then turned his head and looked at Alice. When he looked at her, the smile on his face returned back.
 
He walked to her and crouched down to match his head to her height's level, "Are you his daughter?" He pointed at Reid and asked her in a soft tone.
 
Reid tried to run to his daughter but he had to struggle to even move from where he was standing. As if he knew who was behind this, Reid shouted at the young woman who came with the middle-aged man.
 
"Seira, Undo the Spatial Bindings! This is between him and me, Please... Please don't involve my family in this," Reid called out to the young woman but she ignored his words like a fly's buzzing.
 
Alice was too terrified to give an answer to the man's question and was trembling continuously. The man in front of her was terrifying, With a snap of a finger, the doctor was killed. So to answer her question, she just nodded while trembling.
 
"What a pleasant surprise... I never thought I would be able to feel the happiness of being a grandfather again. You know after your father ran away, I thought I might never find him. But to my surprise, I found him and he has a cute daughter like you. I am a grandfather now. What is your name, little girl?"
 
"A-A-Alice... Alice Phillips..." Alice replied.
 
The answer made the man's eyebrow furrow, "Phillips?" Alice nodded to the man's questioning gaze. The man then turned to Reid.
"I know that you hate me Reid, but I never knew that you hated me so much that you didn't even give your real family name to your daughter," He then turned back to Alice, "Alice, my child. Phillips is not your real family name. Do you know your real family name?"
Alice shook her head, saying no.
"It is Theos. Your real name is Alice Theos, doesn't it give a nice sound. Do you know what Theos means?" The man asked.
 
Alice shook her head again.
The Man smiled like a grandfather who was about to tell his grandchild a story, "God, my child. Theos means God in the Greek language and that's what I am, your father is, and you are... A God."
 
The little girl was too shocked to listen to this, This man came out of nowhere, killed the Doctor in a horrible way, told her he was her grandfather and now he was telling her that she is a God.
 
"Am I a God? And Dad is also is a God but... he is quirkless."
"Technically yes but you and your father are currently a descendent of a God as your father didn't accept his heritage and neither have you. Once you complete the ritual and accept your Domain of Divinity, You will be a full-fledged God. And remember Gods were there even when Quirks were not even a thing.
 
You don't know but your father is too good to become a God but he doesn't want to become one and wastes his potential by running from his own destiny. Do you know how many good things he could do for the world by just accepting his real heritage?" The man told Alice.
The girl looked at her father as she wanted confirmation on what the man was saying, but Reid was unable to even move his neck to shake his head to deny the man's claims.
 
"AAAHH!" Alina screamed in pain as there was no one to attend to her and her pain was increasing with each passing moment.
 
"Seira, Please help my Daughter-in-law. It seems she is in exorbitant pain, So where was I, little Alice? Yeah, about the heritage and Domain of Divinity. Well, your father didn't completely accept his heritage as he ran away in the middle of the ritual. So for 40 years, I was searching for him and here we are."
 
"What was the ritual?" Alice's curiosity took over her fear and she asked the Man.
 
The man's smile grew wider, he cupped his hand around Alice's face, "I am really happy that you are taking interest in these things..." He firmly held her head in his hands. Alice didn't feel anything wrong as the man showed his affection towards his granddaughter and the man was a god... Her mother told her that Gods are always helping her and protecting her.
 
Reid started getting restless as he tried to thrash his arms and legs, trying to move but all his struggles were useless.
 
"You know, The ritual is a bit hard to perform that's why your dad ran away 40 years ago but I am going to help him today. The ritual is..."
 
"No, No, No! Please stop... I am begging you! Please STOP!" Reid continuously pleaded to the man as he struggled to come out of the bindings but all of his efforts went in vain.
 
Alice had her complete attention on the man as she wanted to know about the ritual that makes someone like her a god and her curiosity came closer to an end as the words started coming out of the man's mouth,
 
"It is..."
"NO!!" Reid shouted.
"...to kill every single mortal that he loves..."
 
CRACK
 
The man twisted Alice's head 180 degrees. He then released her from his grip. Alice's body fell down on the floor. Her eyes were... lifeless.
Tears started trickling down Reid's eyes. But life was not so merciful on Reid. Before he could even properly mourn his daughter's death, he started shouting again.
 
"Alina, Alina! Just say something! Alina, PLEASE!" He couldn't turn his neck to look at her but he shouted in hopes that Alina will answer but his shouts didn't get any reply. His heart started sinking low as he started imagining the worst happening to her that he could imagine.
 
"Seira, Let my son watch his wife and his newly born baby," The man said to Seira, she then waved her hand releasing Reid from the invisible binds. Reid quickly turned back and saw much worse than he expected.
 
A bloodied newborn was in the hands of the man as he held the newborn by her head while Alina lay on the bed with a huge hole in her abdomen. From what he saw, it was obvious what the man did to Alina. He ripped the baby out of her womb directly by tearing her abdomen. The man then squeezed his hands and the head of the newborn splattered. He then threw the dead body of the newborn on Alina's corpse.
 
Reid fell to his knees, tears flowing non-stop out of his eyes. He looked at his hands while crying... Empty.  In one day... In one day he lost everything he had ever earned in his life. His Daughter, His wife, His unborn child... His family. He lost it. He lost all of them to God.
 
"The ritual is cruel, son. I know that. When it happened to me, I also cried and resented the creator for doing it. But there is a motive behind the ritual, It is to make you unbias and not related to anything in this mortal world. It made me unbias to the point where I could kill my own granddaughter and my daughter-in-law but I don't feel any remorse...
 
Son, Gods have a higher purpose... We are needed to show this world the right path. You cannot be attached to mortals like this... Fate doesn't like our kind and it won't let you be happy, remember that son. You know one day they will die while suffering a lot more than normal and you will be alive suffering from their loss.
Will you mourn for them while the world is waiting for your guidance? The world needs you, Reid."
 
"You are no God... You are a human being just like me and others... Controlling the laws doesn't make you a god! You are just a man broken from inside, following those pathetic rules and rituals that you made when you were bored playing with humans.
You and your council think you are the ones who run this world? You all are just a bunch of morons! You don't even do anything... You just sit and watch while the world burns!" Reid scorned the man in a low voice while crying. Resentment was clear in his voice.
 
"Order needs to be maintained, son and we are the ones who maintain it around the world. We do run this world for its betterment and the rituals I created are for a purpose. If you were in my position to run the world and you had a bias to one country, wouldn't you be treating others unequally? And what would you do when they die horribly just because you are a God. You know Fate kills every mortal around us.
I don't want you to go through the deaths of every single person you ever loved one after another over the course of your life and see them die in horrible pain as Fate takes them away from you, so I had to purge them all at once. It's all for a cause.
 
I am breaking you today, so you don't burn the world tomorrow, son.
 
And maybe I am a person broken inside, but a broken person knows the pain of being broken so he makes sure that others don't go through the same pain.
The people have called me different names in different eras. Zeus, Odin, and Indra are just examples... I am the God that everybody believed in and I am the one who runs this world and indeed I am doing it unbiasedly."
 
"Then why some countries are still poor and some countries are rich? Aren't you the biased one?!"
 
"There are poor and rich countries because when you have an order, Hierarchy establishes itself. If I tried to be the generous one and destroy this hierarchy by giving the Equality of Outcome to everyone, then nobody will strive to do anything as everyone is getting the same and then the Order will turn into Chaos. And I don't want that," The Man said and White Light started emanating from him.
 
"This is the Order that I wanted to hand you for so long... Son, it is time," The white light started coming out of the man's chest and moved towards Reid. It gradually started covering Reid's entire body. Watching this scene made the Man smile as his son was finally subdued to the Order.
 
"You hate Chaos, right?" A small voice asked the man.
 
"You hate it that much that you killed your son's entire family, just so he could inherit that Order that you possess, right? Then...
 
I will be the Kratos to slay you, Zeus, the Ruler of the Olympus.
I will be the Fenrir to eat you, Odin, the Allfather.
I will be the Vritria to poison you, Indra, the King of the Gods.
I will be the [Chaos] to destroy you, [Order]! "
 
Black light emanated from Reid and it started pushing back the white light which tried to engulf Reid's body.
The man's eyes which were half opened during the whole fiasco, were now wide open as he saw the black light actually pushing the white light back to him and it even tried to engulf him but he swatted away the black light.
 
The white light then started fighting back with the black light. As they were in a stalemate, Reid started pushing with all he had, and then a blast happened inside the room. When the dust settled down, only the man and Seira were left in the room. Even the corpses of Alice, Alina, and the unborn were not there.
 
"It seems my adult son is still in his rebellious phase. I will have to discipline him soon before he becomes a nuisance."
------------------------------------------------
Again a white light flashed everywhere, and when Shido's vision returned, he found everything around him blurry and dreamy... but then he was hit by a punch and when his senses came back he found himself getting thrashed by Genesis.
 
"Hahaha! I defeated the Undefeated! How is it, Shido?! What does it feel like to be the one in the losing ---" Genesis said while swinging his punch but he stopped mid-sentence when he felt his punch was stopped.
 
He saw Shido had caught his punch and was steadily rising from the ground.
"You wanted to know how does it feel to be defeated, right? Then why don't you ask your future self?" Shido said as he pushed Genesis' punch and twisted his fist shut.
17