Chapter 30 – Saitama
4.8k 44 189
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Z City

Saitama POV

The sun has started to set. Which shows that night is near.

I'm on my way back to my apartment while carrying groceries.

The path I walked is surrounded by collapsed buildings and broken vehicles.

This shows that the evils in this world are still not disappearing. And this hasn't changed since before I became a Hero.

In other words, you could say that I haven't made any impact in this society.

I'm not necessarily sad about that. But there's something bothering me lately.

As the days pass, my emotions grow more distant.

Fear, tension, joy, anger... I feel none of them anymore.

In exchange for power, maybe I've lost something that's essential for a human being?

 

Suddenly, I can hear the sound of iron being shuffled.

I immediately looked at the source of the sound. And saw a monster scrambling a wrecked car.

 

"Vroom vroom? I've been seen so there's no choice. I'M, SUPER CUSTOM YO649Z Mk. II!" The monster said.

While he keeps talking about himself, I keep pondering,

I used to feel all kinds of emotions whirling inside me when I fought.

Fear, panic, anger...

While he still keep blabbering about himself, I immediately punched him.

*BANG!*

But now, all I need is one punch to end it.

 

I then looked at my groceries bag and saw the eggs I bought were already cracked.

Suddenly, a girl's voice can be heard from the nearby building.

"Yo, Saitama-Senpai," she said.

I then looked at the source of the sound.

"Ah, you..." I said.

She then waved her hand at me and walked to my side.

 

"Ho ho~, looks like you're in trouble about tonight's menu. Should I cook for you?" She asked.

"No need, I'll just eat eggs over rice," I answered.

"Tamago Kake Gohan" (Eggs over rice).

Japanese-style rice with eggs.

"Heh~ don't be like that, I can cook even more delicious food you know~" She persistently said.

"No need," I said then started walking.

She grunted, then followed me.

"Come on~ let me cook please," She said. But I ignored her.

While walking, I pondered,

Sometimes... strangely, I can feel what is "fun" means whenever she came to me.

Strange yet, real.

 

I let out a small sigh then said,

"Fine, do as you like,"

"Yey!~ thanks a bunch," She said.

"Why are you thanking instead of me?" I asked.

"Hehe, cooking for someone is fun you know," She answered.

"Ah so," I replied.

 

And thus, we walked back to my apartment together.

.

.

.

She cooked delicious food just by cracked egg alone and some other ingredients.

After we finished the food, she immediately takes her leave. I cleaned all the mess and wash all the dishes.

While washing the dishes, I keep pondering.

Each day, I come home uninjured.

When I'm out fighting monsters, I never feel as if my heart's really in it.

I mean, I just do the hero thing as a hobby.

In other words, as long as I get a kick out of it, that's all I care about.

I immediately went to sleep and mark it as the end of the day.

.

.

.

The Next Day

I woke up as usual. Take a bath, eat my breakfast, and prepare to go outside. But when I was about to go outside, I heard an earthquake.

 

*rumble* *rumble*

 

"What's going on?" I said confusingly.

I immediately ran outside and saw the figure of a girl that I really know well.

Yes, the identity of that girl is Rena. The self-proclaimed my fan. And now, she was lifting a monster without even touching the monster.

Wait a minute, HOW SHE DID THAT?!

"Re-rena? what are you doing?" I asked confusingly.

"Ah, Saitama-Senpai! as you can see, this monster is acting reeeally suspicious in front of your apartment. So I'm in the middle of interrogating him." She answered.

"No, more than that, what did you do to make him fly without touching?!" I asked again.

"Without touching?" She said as she slowly looked at her hand covered in a black aura.

She then facepalmed herself and the monster immediately dropped and hit the ground.

"Rena?"

.

.

.

Inside My Apartment

OPM Saitama (@opm_saitama_) / Twitter

"W-what with that serious face... y-you are scary you know..." She said trembling.

"A-ah, my apology. I'm really curious about the thing you did earlier as you can see. Should I prepare a tea?" I explained.

"N-no, it's fine..." She said as she clears her throat. And continued,

"Actually..." She paused her speech.

"Actually?"

"STOP WITH YOUR SERIOUS FACE!" She screamed as she hit me with a cushion.

"Okay okay, sorry,"

"Geez..."

She rearranged her seat and cleared her throat once again.

With a serious tone, she explained.

 

Ever since her birth, she already had psychic power.

And because of that, she was always concerned about herself.

Was I worth enough to hold this power?

Do I deserve this power?

Every single day, only those are her thoughts. Until that day...

 

She saw me beat a crab monster without even using a supernatural power.

She then felt amazed at what I did.

And ever since that day, she made up her mind, that she will also beat monsters using her power.

Like me...

And that's why she became my fan.

 

"So psychic power does really exist..." I said while stroking my chin.

While I saying that, Rena just sat there looked at me dumbfounded.

"Is there something wrong with my face?" I asked.

"Y-YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT PSYCHIC POWER ARE EXISTS?!" She screamed.

"Umm, yea?" I answered.

"HUH!? then how bout the S Class Hero, Tornado of Terror?!" She asked.

"Umm, who?" I replied.

"B Class Hero Hellish Blizard?!" She asked again.

"Dunno who he is," I answered.

"H-, HE?!, HE?!!" She screamed.

She facepalmed herself then sighed.

"No, it's... nevermind," She stopped her speech.

"Kay,"

Just like that, we back to our normal daily life.

.

.

.

At The Random Field Near Z City

A humanoid cyborg can be seen standing while looking at the rotten cow.

He then looked at the city and starts walking towards it.

.

.

.

Favorited if you likes it!

189