Vol 7: Afterword – SS #1: Foreword
329 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No more polls. Thank you for everyone who participated!

I can't believe it's been a year since I started posting. It was unintentional timing, but the first primary arc is now over!
Thanks for all the feedback, comments, etc. They help with my motivation so, please continue!

From this point on, everything should be considered a rough draft. Unlike the first arc, this is not complete as of posting, which means that plots, characters, etc. may be reworked after post. In the event this happens, I will note it in specific Afterwords, and/or in chapters that cite changes.

CH 7 Afterword

I wrote this entire Volume on the fly.  It only started as an “aftermath” (chapter 1) of a “Side Stories” Volume, and I had no idea where to go from there.  I had the whole Alien idea and ran with it and the SRIN was a result… I hope they don’t make him too powerful.

Believe it or not, I had no intention of the whole Hero/Villain Associations, nor did I have any intent for Martel to have the whole “call me the Fake Hero.” I figured ‘well here’s a situation where he would be publicly known… and it wouldn’t hurt to actually have a ‘Legend’ about him. I’m pleased with the way it turned out, and I hope you all are too.

The next volume is side stories, most of which are chronological and are relationship building.

SS#1 Foreword

SS MAY include future plot points, however they are not plot heavy (plot will be reiterated as if this was never written) and will focus on character interactions/development This is why it is not considered to be a volume.

Chapters are chronological to the story
Reminiscence (and ‘Thoughts of Martel’) is a single character reminiscence in 1st person
Intermissions can occur at any point.

P.S. I’m astonished I wrote enough to make it a full volume xD

 

The following is a brief rundown of the events the SS goes over for those who don’t want to read about Martel going on dates and sealing the deal (It’s suggestive at best.) Day 5-42 is just the activity log. (this is in case you want to skip the SS)

Spoiler

span>

Activity Log – Subject: Martel

Day 4: Ch 1

Day 5: Purchased a dozen androids (simplified versions of Anna named Nanna #(1-12)). Purchased a dozen specialized components for the MPU based supercomputer. Began construction of a secret base at the East Coast of the United States.

Day 6-7: Successfully created the means for MPU based AI (androids and the supercomputers) to control the SRIN with simple hardware and sophisticated software addition. Left East Coast US base construction to Nanna X

Day 8-16:  Secured five sufficient, remote, and undiscovered deposits of raw resources across the world required for base and mass production including androids and supercomputers. SRIN under the control of a Nanna were left at each location.

Day 17-19: Successfully reverse engineered the androids and supercomputers.

Day 20-21: Successfully finished East Coast US base and created equipment required for mass production of androids, supercomputers, and Sylvan batteries(small self-generating power sources for base power).

Day 22: East Coast US base becomes fully autonomous. 

Day 23-27: Successfully located appropriate areas for construction of bases at: central United States(Total of 3 in US), South America(3), Europe(7), Africa(3), China (6), Russia(4), Kazakstan(2), Mongolia(1), Korea(2), Japan(2), Indonesia(1), Australia(1), India(3), Middle East(6)).  All bases organized by those which will be full, minimalistic, sub, and emergency. Additional base locations to be decided later.

Day 28: Began research for a mass transit network utilizing magic but powered by electricity.

Day 29: First batch of androids and supercomputers completed.

Day 30-32: Delivered androids and SRIN along with sufficient materials to designated 'full' bases across the globe and to Central US which has been designated as a transit hub. Base construction has begun at all locations above. 

Day 33-35:  Secured seven additional sufficient, remote, and undiscovered deposits of raw resources to meet heightened demand.  Set priority to the discovery of further resource discovery to bases once base expansion has begun.

Day 37: Successfully created a system for mass transit. Electricity is stored within significantly sized energy crystals which, at the control of the AI, are converted into mana which is controlled to go into an engraving formula magic. Both prior steps are possible with an enchantment of Albionian magic. The formula magic will lead to the transit hub which will contain formula magic circles to go to each of the bases allowing for fast transportation worldwide at no cost of mana to fixed locations.

Day 38-40:  Completed transit hub to all appropriate base areas (both ways)(all have self-destruct capability).  Current and future base construction, resource discovery/delivery, and additional bases location have been set to full autonomy controlled by the AI. (All supercomputers have the same AI which is separate but occasionally sync together once integrity has been confirmed. All androids have independent AI, but information is shared between them at intervals once integrity is verified).  East Coast US base is treated as the main base in the event of a compromise.

Day 41: Met with David and obtained several items for customizing.

Day 42: Finished customization.  Sent a message, “making breakfast tomorrow”

Day 43-4: Freyja, Miyuki, and Kuromi 

Day 45-6: Caelia (forest trek and tree house)

Day 47-8: Lucibelle (Reenact romantic novel and dancing)

Day 49-50: Shalgana (history museum & sparing)

Day 51-2: Morgan (Doll shopping)

Day 53-4: Yutsuki (Date in Japan, visit her friends)

Day 55-6:  Angelica (Tech museum)

Day 57: Shiro & Cali. Family date to an amusement park, run-in with dragon swordsman.

Day 80: Vol 8

[collapse]

2