SS #1: Chapter 3 – Boardwalk, Intermissions
421 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, this is our new ride?” Martel asked as he looked at the giant RV in front of them.

Miyuki nodded. “Yes, the van was getting a bit too crowded, so I opted for something that had more luggage and passenger capacity. Come on in.” She said as she ushered everyone in. “I had to get it custom-made to work with all my ideas while still being a functional RV. Luckily, we have the SRIN, technology from Angelica, and our wedding rings for storage, the latter making everything much simpler. We can utilize the SRIN to turn this area into anything we want.”

Martel nodded as he saw it was all well thought out. “What about the sleeping situation?”

Miyuki gave a smile as she opened the door and the back of the RV, which revealed a folded up bed. When she pressed the button, both sides extended, and the bed became flat, which showed it to be extraordinarily large. 

Martel’s eyebrow slightly twitched when he noticed there was a mirror on the ceiling. “This bed will still be a little cramped if everyone has to sleep on it.”

“Anata, if you want some quality time with one of us, the seats can transform into beds for everyone else.” 

Martel rolled his eyes. “Parking may still be an issue at some places, so will still need multiple vans in that instance, but the boardwalk has accommodating parking.”

“Well, we are ready to go,” Freya replied.

“Good. Anna, you drive.”

“Yes, Master.”

The girls all got in their respective seats, but Martel grabbed Miyuki by the scruff of her clothing before she could sit down.

“Anata, what is it?” Miyuki asked a little shyly.

“Don’t think you will escape your punishment so easily?” He said as he flung her into the bedroom as she feigned displeasure. “Cali, soundproof.”

“Watch?”

“Absolutely not.” He said as he closed the door.

The other girls all awkwardly laughed, but many had a look of longing or embarrassment on their faces.

Once they arrived at the boardwalk, a red-faced Miyuki, who had changed her clothes, was rubbing her but. “I can’t go on the rides that require me to sit down now.” She said despondently.

“Okay, girls, let’s go!” Martel replied, ignoring her.

“Oh, abandonment play,” Miyuki replied just before she got a karate chop to the head.

Oh, I think I’m going to be sick.” Morgan groaned after they had all gotten off the roller coaster.

Although they did not verbalize it, it was evident that Freya and Yutsuki felt the same.

“Let’s go to the game stalls next,” Miyuki said.

Most of the stall owners feigned happy smiles when the girls, especially Angelica and Yutsuki, did so perfectly. As he knew how difficult it was for them to make a living, Martel quietly handed them some money, which they were very grateful for.

“Oh, mini-golf,” Miyuki happily said as they approached the mini-golf course with a boat theme.

It took a couple of holes for everyone to get a feel for the game. Martel, Yutsuki, and Angelica stood out, with the latter two needing a short time to adjust. Miyuki was also surprisingly good.

“Anata, one of these days we should go play a round,” Miyuki said.

“You play golf?” Martel asked with a little surprise.

Miyuki nodded. “It’s the sport of business, after all. I’m not amazing by any means, but I don’t come close to triple digits.”

“We’ll do that,” Martel said with a smile. “When we have some free time, I wouldn’t mind teaching anyone who wants to learn,” Martel said when he noticed the other girls were looking a little crestfallen for being left out. “Also, feel free to learn any sport you want. Golf is a tough sport to learn quickly, but other sports can be more accommodating.”

The girls happily nodded as they continued to play. Thanks to her temper, Morgan finished last, even losing to Shiro, who had a hard time controlling her power. After having a good laugh, they all went to a little restaurant and had lunch before getting ice cream for dessert.

Suddenly, Martel felt a slight burning in his body, as if his blood was on fire. His senses suddenly sharpened as he became vigilant. He looked in the direction where he saw a black-haired young man with red eyes and vertical pupils looking at him.

“Anata, what’s wrong?” Kuromi asked as she noticed he had gone on guard.

“A strong fellow appeared,” Martel replied nonchalantly.

“Will there be a problem?”

“Shouldn’t be. I don’t sense any hostility from him, and he seems curious about me. He hasn’t looked at any of you girls.”

Kuromi nodded as the figure walked over, noticeably having a girl in each arm and several other girls following him. All of these girls were somewhat unique. On one arm was a black-haired woman with the pair of fox ears on her head and nine tails going up behind her, a kitsune. On his other arm was a dark-skinned white-haired woman with pointy ears, which Martel immediately recognized as a dark elf. Behind him followed several other women; a high elf, a dwarf, a gnome, a halfling, a human with yellow hair, an orich, a nekomata, and a wyverna. As to why he knew what their races were, it was thanks to Shiba’s memories.

“I have no ill intent, so you don’t have to be on guard.” The young man said as the girls had taken defensive postures behind Martel.

Martel smiled. “So what does Drayce the Dragon Swordsman want of me?”

Drayce smiled back. “Your reputation precedes you, and it is not unfounded, Martel the Thinker. Since we met you here, I wished to extend my greetings.” He said as he extended his hand.

Martel didn’t even hesitate as he reached out and shook his hand. The next instant, Drayce’s hand was suddenly covered in red scales while Martel’s did the same, though it couldn’t be seen through his clothing.

Drayce’s smile grew even thicker as his grip tightened, and Martel could not help but frown as he began to use Ki.

Drayce finally released Martel’s hand. “Interesting. I did not expect you to have a similar mutation to me. Strange, it seems lesser and higher at the same time, interesting.”

The Kitsune on Drayce’s arm narrowed her eyes. “Husband, we shouldn’t delay these people from having a good time if there is nothing else important.”

Drayce smiled. “Of course, where are my manners.” He said as he reached towards the pouch at his side, and a business card appeared in his hand. “If you ever help, be sure to let me know. I’d love to have you in my debt.”

Martel smiled as he simultaneously accepted the business card, and his own appeared in his hand. “Likewise.”

Drayce accepted Martel’s business card as he glanced at the ring in his hand with some thought before he smiled.

“Of course, if you’d like to meet privately as peers, I would be happy to.”

“Naturally,” Martel said before his eyes suddenly narrowed, “First Generation Sword Hero.”

At this point, Drayce and all the girls behind him were suddenly brought to full attention.

After a moment, Drayce gave Martel another look over. “Are you also?”

Martel shook his head. “Whether or not I become the Eighth Generation Shield Hero has yet to be seen.”

“Has yet to be seen?” Drayce mumbled as he looked Martel in the eye again. Instead of pure curiosity, now there was both some vigilance and appreciation in them. “Well, I won’t keep you and your wives waiting any longer. “Girls, let’s go.” He said as he led them away.

“Husband, those girls were quite the lookers. Why did you not even acknowledge them? I’m sure you could take a few if you wanted.” The Kitsune asked once they were out of earshot with a sly grin.

“Don’t even joke about that.” Drayce admonished. “You know full well that I don’t like to steal women, especially not from him.”

“Why not? It would be their honor to become your woman.” The yellow-haired human said proudly.

Drayce shook his head. “Would any of you leave me if someone stronger than me showed up and wanted you?”

“Never.” “No.” “Absolutely not.” All the women said.

Drayce nodded. “Then, we should also assume they will be the same.”

“Why are you more unwilling for him?” The dark elf asked.

“Do you know what a dragon’s reverse scale is?”

“Not all dragons have them, but they are a tough scale usually used to protect the heart, the weakness of dragons.” The wyverna replied. “Even touching a reverse scale is provoking and threatening them, and they tend to react if done so, and violently.”

Drayce nodded. “You girls probably don’t know because we did not fight many dragons, nor did many have reverse scales. The reverse scale is not just the physical one, but also a mental one. Basically, ‘touching’ something that sends someone into fury would be their reverse scale. In the case of a dragon, it might be there horde. In my case, it would be you girls, and I imagine he is the same.”

“While that may be true, aren’t you stronger than him?” The Orich asked.

“Yes, wasn’t he F Rank?” The yellow-haired woman also chimed in.

“Yes and no. I may be SS+ Rank, but he is definitely not F Rank. If I had to guess, he’s somewhere around A+ Rank.”

“Even so, does that not make him four times weaker than you?” The dark elf asked.

“Yes, but strength isn’t limited to personal. We would definitely be able to overwhelm them with our strength, but we can’t forget his political position. There’s a reason why I recognized him. While we do have a lot of freedom, that assumes that we do not go too far. I was warned about him as harming him could cause a war with an alien race that we have no way of going on the offensive against. While we may have strong people, not many can go into space. We definitely cannot protect the general public from an orbital bombardment.

“Additionally, his wedding ring, which I noticed all of his wives also had, was a space ring. While they are not extremely rare in our circle, the only person I’m aware of that he could get so many from is David. If that’s true, he may have a close relationship with him, and there is no way I want to fight David.” Drayce said, showing a rare look of trepidation. “Overall, I want to live a peaceful life with my wives and not offend anyone. Heck, for all I know, he could be listening in right now.” Drayce said as a joke.

“Husband, look.” The Kitsune said as she pointed to the ground.

There, Drayce was slightly startled when he found a message appearing there. ‘By the way, thank you for getting the polygamy recognition act passed. -Martel’

“Okay, do not provoke this guy,” Drayce said seriously as one of his secrets had been revealed.

For once, none of the girls had the heart to refute him.

 

Martel smiled.

Intermission #1

"That's some strong wine," Martel said to David as he felt a burning sensation down his throat and in his stomach.

David gave a slight smile. "It will help your body a little. Have you made any progress with the Imperial Sword Technique?"

Martel made a bitter smile. "No, I haven't met the base conditions yet."

"I have a sneaking suspicion you will eventually, especially now." David said as his eyes flashed. "… You seem happier."

"I have reason to be."

"Freyja?"

Martel nodded.

"Then I should congratulate you… How did you do it?"

Martel paused for a moment as he noticed a tiny spark of hope in David's eyes. "Luck? Fate? Destiny? It certainly was not because of my efforts alone. All I can say is that, given the nature of the various worlds, I never gave up. I figured that, so long as I got stronger and didn't give up, I would eventually come across an ability to bring her back to me. It just happened much quicker than I thought it would."

"I see, you never give up," David replied in contemplation, but also with a hint of self-deprecation.

"Is there anything else?"

"No, thank you for the company. You should go back to your loved ones."

Martel nodded and disappeared with a flash of purple.

David took a swig of his wine before he withdrew a burnt sketch of a woman in his hand. "When was it that I gave up? " He asked himself as resolve appeared in his eyes. "No, I will never give up."

 

Intermission #2

“Miss me?” Hammon asked Helen, who immediately flinched as she had not discovered his presence. “Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” Helen replied. “You’re back awfully quickly.”

Hammon shrugged. “Time was much faster there.”

“Have you figured out why you keep getting abducted?”

“Yes, it’s because of the ability I have called Origin. It makes me more likely to be summoned or transported to another world.”

“Does it also allow you to come back every time?”

Hammon shook his head. “I do not believe so. I believe the reason why many people can come back is that they belong here. Perhaps it is a mark on their souls, but those who wish to come back will eventually find their way back home if they don’t die.”

“Really?” Helen asked, a little skeptical.

Hammon shrugged. “Perhaps. You seem rather interested in the subject. Could it be that you wish to become an Abducted yourself?”

“Just wondering what all the fuss is about,” Helen asked as a Terrian SUPER and had never experienced it.

“Well, you should be careful what you wish for.” Hammon of the smile and a wave as he left.

Intermission #3

The planes were peaceful as the breeze thoroughly moved the grass as if they were waves of the ocean. The sky was clear, say for the sparse clouds. All was peaceful, for the moment. Then, an astonishing amount of Ki erupted, and a figure went flying.

With a *bang* Martel impacted the ground as his broken and fractured body re-conglomerated. If not for the fact that this was within his soul plane, the wounds may have been fatal.

“Done already?” Artoria teased.

Martel snorted. “How on earth do you have that abnormal amount of Ki?”

Artoria shrugged. “Even I’m not completely sure. You’ll have to discover it for yourself.”

Martel sighed. He had found little information regarding exceeding Ki Rank 10, only that it was possible. As to how he truly had no idea.

Artoria smiled. “Come on, get up. I really want to beat- train you some more.”

Martel’s eyebrow violently twitched. As soon as he was able, he was definitely going to punish her.

Artoria raised an eyebrow. “I know that look, your thinking of punishing me, aren’t you.” She teased. “Tell you what, as soon as you can beat me you can do anything you want to me.” She said as she took a seductive pose. “Anything.” She accentuated.

Martel’s heart couldn’t help but skip a beat.

“Artoria, don’t tease him,” Yami said as she observed from a short distance away. “None of us have the necessary parts, after all.”

Martel suddenly checked and found that he was missing some defining features.

Artoria shrugged. “Those parts are specific to the flesh. Besides outer appearance, we also lack all of our organs. Enough of the pointless talk, are you going to get up, or are you going to sit there and take it?

“Say Artoria, who was the father of your children?” A slightly breathless Martel asked after more intensive training.

“Jealous?”

Martel rolled his eyes. “Yes, because I want you all to myself.” He replied sarcastically.

Artoria giggled. “Well, it’s a long story, but I’ll give you the abridged version. You see, I was an orphan found and raised by an elderly general. He wasn’t much of a father figure, but he always treated me very well. His only regret was that he never had time for children of his own.”

“... You didn’t...”

Artoria shrugged. “It’s pretty easy when I was making all of his meals. I just made sure he had plenty of vitality and slept well. He almost died from a heart attack when he confronted me about who the father was when I was pregnant with our second child.”

Martel’s eyebrow twitched.

“Still, I was quite surprised that I only had to do the deed once for both children. I never got to know what kind of an act it was until…” She began to trail off as she looked at him and licked her lips.

Martel immediately left.

Artoria chuckled at his disappearance. “He’s so easy to tease. It’s a pity I don’t have an actual body.”

Yami scoffed. “Is that the only thing on your mind?”

“Oh? Do you not want to have his baby?” She teased, imitating Cali.

Yami suddenly radiated killing intent. “You should watch your mouth.”

Artoria chuckled as she soon also disappeared.

Intermission #4

"How are you doing, Marty?" Freyja asked as she looked at the many monitors connected to the supercomputer within Martel's bunker.

"I am fully functioning at the moment. Do you require my assistance?" A voice that both resembled Martel, but seemed emotionless, replied.

"Can't I come to see my husband?" Freyja replied.

"I am not your husband. I am merely a mental imprint created when Martel was experimenting."

"You make it sound so depressing. Don't you want to see me?"

"I am incapable of want or desire."

"I'll come to see you later," Freyja replied with a slight pout. 

"That is unnecessary. If you require, you can contact me from anywhere in the house."

"You're no fun," Freyja replied as she left the room.

 

Intermission #5

Angelica gingerly made her way to the breakfast table, last amongst the other girls. Martel was currently busy on the phone, which is why he was absent.

“Good morning Angelica, did you have a good night?” Miyuki asked with a wicked smile.

Angelica’s cheeks turned a darker shade of silver. “It was a learning experience.” She mumbled under her breath.

“Well, with this, it’s all official.” Freyja said with a smile. “Were all one big happy family now.”

“Say, um, I don’t know how to put this, but is that amount… normal for a human?” Angelica tentatively asked.

The girls all froze for a second as they subsequently understood what Angelica was asking as several of them blushed.

“Well, it’s not like we have experience with others, but no, the amount is not normal,” Miyuki replied. “It’s probably due to his dragon mutation.” 

“I was a little surprised he was so eager for us to start a family.” Lucibelle said as she gently touched her belly, we prompted several others to do the same, with a smile.

“Man, I’m glad that’s dealt with.” Martel mumbled as he walked into the room, completely unaware of the conversation. “What are you girls talking about?”

The girls all looked at each other and blushed. 

“We were just talking about your peerless virility.” Miyuki replied with a chuckle.

Martel slightly coughed out of embarrassment. “Well, that’s not exactly something I’d expect to be talking about at the breakfast table. Oh, but it does remind me. I’ve been using magic as a contraceptive, so you don’t have to worry about getting pregnant yet... What’s wrong?” he asked when he realized that the air seemed to have grown cold.

Freyja gave a smile that wasn’t a smile. “My hero, I suddenly have the urge to vent with your body.” She said as she cracked her knuckles, along with several of the girls as they slowly approached him.

“Wait; what? What’s wrong? What are you doing?”

(A/N: Disclaimer – I am not promoting or supporting domestic violence.)

Intermission #6

“Say, Freyja, since you were so intimate with our husband, do you happen to know what this type is?” Miyuki asked, which garnered the attention of all the girls who were doing various things in the same room.

“I don’t know if I should…”

“Come on, tell us.” Lucibelle said, expectantly.

“Well… Fine, you have to keep it a secret. Well, he does have a thing for brunettes.”

The girls then looked at each other with some confusion as there wasn’t a brunette in the room.

“What else?” Morgan asked.

“He has a thing for smaller women.”

“Wait, so he is a lolicon?” Miyuki asked.

“No, he just prefers girls that are shorter than him.”

“What else?” Shalgana asked, obviously amused.

“Well, he does have a preference for girls with a larger bust.”

“*Tich*, I knew it, that pervert.” Morgan replied.

“You all know that he doesn’t particularly care about appearance. He has a preference, but he wouldn’t want you to change who you are because of it. It would probably bug him more if you did.”

“So that’s a no on your breast implants, Morgan,” Miyuki said with a chuckle.

“What?! I wasn’t going to do that!”

Intermission #7

"Sir, our operations on Earth have been met with heavy resistance." The profusely sweating man at the other end of the video call said.

"I am very disappointed."

"Sir, Legion, we're doing everything we can."

"It seems as though that is not enough. I hope you do not continue to disappoint me."

"Yes, sir." The man said before Legion cut off communication.

Legion removed his mask, though his hood still obscured his face. The next moment, a small and burned picture appeared in his hand. Little could be seen due to the damage, but it was a portrait of a woman with golden hair who wore a green dress, though her facial features could not be seen as they had been burned away.

"I'm getting stronger. I'll find a way. Until I do, I'll never give up."

Intermission #8

Freyja looked around at the scene before her. The wind gently blew the ever lingering mist that clung to the grass sprawled amongst the hills. In front of her was a wedding venue and she was at a small wedding pavilion. She was not alone as there was one other person with her.

Martel gently looked at Freyja. She was so beautiful, even more than when they first met. Her Golden hair was even more vibrant, and the bang that circled her eye was now silver. Her physical appearance was astonishing, near perfection. Her aura was its usual gentleness but held a sharpness within reminiscent of a warrior. Additionally, her Emerald wedding dress was gorgeous.

Freyja turned to look at Martel. “My Hero, what’s going on?”

Martel smiled. “Well, I felt a little guilty that we never had a wedding or exchanged vows, so I wanted to make up for that.”

Freyja smiled. “Well, if you really felt bad, you should have done it in reality rather than my dream.”

Martel flinched before he gave a bitter smile. “You knew?”

Freyja chuckled. “Unlike the other girls, who I’m sure you’re giving a similar treatment to, I didn’t let you in subconsciously, but willingly.”

“I… Sorry.”

“Don’t be. I’m happy.”

“Well, would you mind if we exchanged vows?”

“I’d be happy to.”

Martel smiled, and the two of them exchanged vows before they kissed, and the scene gradually faded away.

Freyja opened her eyes to find Martel watching her wake up. “Your mental prowess must have improved if you are doing this to everyone.”

Martel smiled. “A little. Shall we go?”

“Of course,” Freyja replied as the two exited the bedroom.

They weren’t alone as the other girls exited the room, surprised to find that Martel had also appeared with Morgan and Angelica.

At the girls’ confusion, the two who were not with Freyja smiled before they broke apart and disappeared into mana fragments. The girls all looked at Martel in confusion.

“You’ll find out later,” Martel said with a smile. “Now, come on, I’ll make breakfast.”

Martel made breakfast as the girls conversed about the dream he had given them. They meticulously compared their weddings, happy that there was some customization.

“Still, I wish we could have that wedding dress,” Lucibelle said with a sigh.

“Who said you couldn’t?” Martel said as he had been waiting. With a wave of his hand, a wedding dress customized for each of them appeared.

The girl’s eyes lit up as they quickly went over to their respective dress.

“These dresses are amazing,” Yutsuki said happily.

“Anata, what fabric is this, and who made the dress?” Miyuki asked.

“The answer to both of these is me,” Martel said with a smile.

At the confused looks at the girls, Martel suddenly raised his hands. From underneath, his fingernails shot strings of colored silk that he used his Ki and began to weave. The girls watched in silent amazement as it started to form a modern white yukata with blue snowflakes. Once it was finished, he handed it to Miyuki.

“That was amazing!” Miyuki said as she quickly tried it out. “It’s so good.” She said as she thoroughly enjoyed the silk before she broke out into a sly grin. “Hey girls, do you want our husband to make you one too?”

The girls either nodded or positively responded.

Miyuki turned back towards Martel with a wicked smile. “Do you hear that, Anata? They all want to be covered with your body fluids.”

Martel started to violently cough as the other girls looked embarrassed.

Miyuki scoffed. “Please, everyone except the black and white duo has already had it happen to them; don’t pretend.”

“All right, all right, does anyone need to get anything? Otherwise, everything’s ready to go on my end.” Martel said, desperate to change the subject.

The girls all acknowledged that they were ready, so Martel made a Dimension Door.

However, before they could leave, Freyja turned to Martel. “So, given that you’ve been so nice to us in given such wonderful wedding dresses, I can only imagine your new harem must be quite large.”

Martel flinched and almost lost control of the door.

Miyuki chuckled. “Anata, Cali has been reporting everything you’ve been doing on that side.”

Martel’s eyebrow twitched. “I’m going to have to give her a punishment later.”

“I’m sure she’d like that,” Miyuki said with a smile.

Martel rolled his eyes before they disappeared from Earth.

4