Vol 8: Chapter 3 – Learning the System
375 8 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In his previous timeline, Martel never paid much attention to the System due to his depression other than to add stats every time he Leveled Up. He never learned the intricacies which stunted his potential growth during that timeline. This time, Martel was certain to make the most out of his situation.

[System, open Tutorial,] he thought.

Tutorial Unlocked!

Would You like to Begin the Tutorial

Yes / No

 

Basics of Gēmā System Magic #1: XP, Level UP, Growth Level, and Status

(If you wish to find more information or help regarding specific things, ask the System directly. If the information to assist is available, it will be displayed.)

The primary focus of the Gēmā System Magic is to make a creature stronger. This is done by the accumulation of experience or XP. XP is obtained by killing/defeating creatures of a certain relative strength or by completing quests as given by the System. The amount of XP obtained when killing/defeating creatures is solely based upon the difference in the Status between the two (Level and actual strength are not factors).  The only exception is if fighting multiple creatures. After a certain amount of XP is accumulated, it will cause a Level up. As a reward for a Level Up, a person will receive status points based upon their Growth Level.  

Growth Levels

Indigenous

Every Level the user will receive +10 per Stat as well as 50 free Stats. This includes all the indigenous inhabitants. The menu is not available for interaction thus finding user information (like Stats, Talents, etc.) and distributing Stats can only be done via will, in Churches of the Goddesses, or with an appropriate Magical Tool.

Hero's Assistant

Every Level the user will receive +15 per Stat as well as 50 free Stats. This includes Unchosen, those with a certain Level of hero bloodline, and those who joined the hero's party (only affects new Levels after joining the party). Can access the Menu freely (some information is inaccessible).

Hero

Every Level the user will receive +20 Stats as well as 100 free Stats. This includes a hero and those who have tied their future with him/her. Can access the menu freely.

Regardless of Growth Level, a Stat can only be upgraded up to 40*Current Level, not including Base Stats.

There are two types of Stats, Primary (can be upgraded by Leveling) and Secondary (cannot be upgraded by Leveling). The average unaffected Base Stats for a human is 10.

Primary Stats

STR

The user's physical strength which affects things like attack power depending on the weapon.

DEX

The user's dexterity which can affect things like attack power depending upon the weapon. It also affects accuracy, coordination, and additional damage caused by critical hits.

AGL

The user's agility, including movement speed and cognitive speed to a lesser extent.

VIT

The user's vitality which affects overall Healing Points (HP), HP Regen, Stamina(STA), and STA Regen. HP is used to immediately heal wounds or to block blows that would be fatal(as long as there is sufficient HP). If the amount of damage taken exceeds the amount of HP, the number will go negative to reflect how much HP is required to fully heal. The user cannot die from physical wounds if they have HP, but can die if they have none or negative HP (there is no -HP%=Death).

CON

Physical toughness and defense. Affects resistance from poison and other physical status effects.

WIL

The user’s mental strength and mental stamina (affects ESPER abilities and willpower).

SPR

The user's strength of soul. This increases the Mana Points(MP), MP Regen, and inherent magic defense.

MAG

The Strength of the user's Mana which affects magic potency.

AWR

The user's Five Senses.  Used to counter STL.

STL

The user's stealth ability or to hide their presence (is not passive and will not work when obvious, i.e., people still notice you when you're walking down the street regardless of STL).  Used to counter AWR

Secondary Stats

Secondary stats typically do not grow too much, and the average amount is relative.

INT

The user's intelligence including the amount of information they know and their ability to memorize. Average: 100

WIS

The user's ability to utilize information and come to the correct conclusions. Average: Average: 100

CHR

The user's charm which represents their attractiveness. Average: 6

CHA

The user's charisma which represents how well they can influence those around them by action or speech. Average: 10

LUK

The user's luck which represents how likely something lucky (good or bad) will happen as well as the potential for a miracle/tragedy (what will happen is based on the user’s karma). Average: 10

KAR

The user's karma reflects their good actions (good deeds or killing bad people (people with bad karma)) and their bad actions (crimes etc.). Both good and bad karma are separately tracked.  Good karma acts as fuel for good luck and miracles. Bad karma acts as fuel for bad luck and tragedies.

 

[Interesting. System, how will increasing Stats through Level Up affect things like natural growth?]

Base Stats, such as through natural growth or training, are kept completely separate from Stats from Level up. Stats from Level up, also called Acquired Stats, will not be reflected physically and will not hinder effort from exercise or practice.

 

[That’s useful. As a person exercises, growth becomes harder and requires more effort. If acquired stats do not affect the effort required, then I will not have to focus on natural training and can do both simultaneously. This is important because even those with similar Growth Levels will have roughly the same STR at the same Level due to the limit placed on the amount a Stat can be increased. If I were to fight someone solely with my STR that was the same level and we both maxed out our STR, then our Base Stats and fighting ability would be the biggest factor as required stats be the same. In reality, Growth Level refers to the versatility of a person, not their strength. System, continue the Tutorial.]

Basics of Gēmā System Magic #2: Talents, Abilities, Skills, Expertise, and Titles

Talents

Abilities which were obtained through a blessing of gods. Blessing can also be passed down genetically so Talents may awaken in future generations. The unique aspect of Talents is that they do not need to conform to nature's rules or follow the law of Cause and Effect. For example, a person can have a Talent that any crop they plant will grow at double speed simply because they planted it. There is no magic or other factors involved, simply the fact is enough. In other words, a broken ability.

Abilities

Abilities are unique factors of an individual. These include Mutation, ESPER, Bloodline, Racial Traits, etc..

Skills

Skills are unique Abilities to the System. For example, the Shield Hero starts with the Skill ‘Body Armor’ which equally distributes a portion of the armor worn on the body to unprotected places. Skills can be unlocked and created by user action.

Expertise System

Expertise is a unique system. It allows you to improve what you do with assistance. For example, if you make lots of paintings, your Expertise will go up, and you'll begin to paint better. Additionally, it increases your Expertise in Art which means that any Art you do will get better (at a slower rate). Additionally, you can be rewarded for a certain level of Expertise including, but not limited to, Talents, Abilities, Base Stats (it improves your potential as well so that it will not affect effort and is not considered when calculating XP), Affinity, magic, etc.. Anything utilizing the Expertise System has the potential to enhance or evolve beyond its current state or limit.

Titles

Titles are given by the system in recognition of achievements. Titles can give Affinity, Base Stats, authority, etc.

 

Martel was dumbfounded when he read this, primarily from the Expertise System. He had not read the Tutorial in his previous life, so this information was new to him. Additionally, he did recall that people knew about the Expertise System, but it was rarely utilized due to practicality. For example, a swordsman who focused on high Expertise would always lose to someone who focused on Leveling Up due to the sheer disparity in Stats. As a result, because Leveling was also a lengthy process, most people focused on Leveling as it provided significantly more strength.

[System, besides grinding Expertise, what increases Expertise leveling speed?]

Doing the task required without using the Expertise System's assistance will give an increase in experience. INT and WIS also buff XP earned for Expertise.

 

Martel was surprised, but then extremely excited. Although he had yet to find out what his INT was, based on the description, his INT should be insanely high as he memorized massive amounts of information with his endemic memory. With his talent, he believed he would be able to reach a high level of Expertise in multiple things which had the potential to boost his Stats.

Continue the Tutorial?

Yes / No

 

Basics of Gēmā System Magic #3: The System and Hero's Weapon

The System and Hero's Weapon are the greatest tools a Hero has. They both will evolve and strengthen along with the actions and desires of the user as well as enable the user to strengthen in places not possible before, like Expertise. There are several aspects to the Features of the System and Hero's Weapon. When a new Feature for the weapon is created, it is categorized as:

Default

This Feature is always available at the beginning.

Unlocked

This Feature was created by a previous or current hero.

Created

This Feature was created due to the actions or thoughts of the current hero.

Mutated

This Feature has not changed in a way that significantly alters the Feature but adds to it. 

Evolved

This Feature was changed from an existing one in a way that did not exist before.  This occurs if Features are combined or exceed their previous capability.

All Features come at a cost or condition. In other words, a Feature can be created so long as the material, Ability, etc. exists that justifies its creation.

There are several default features available for currently including: 

Menu

Gives you visual access to Status, Abilities, etc.

Tutorial

You are currently using it. ?

Help

You can seek information within the System Database (some may be locked or unavailable without a trigger).

Map

Obtain a high-quality 2D map which will be filled out as you travel.

Copy

The Hero’s Weapon can copy any similar type of weapon and transform into it (Called a Weapon Form).

Absorb

The Hero’s Weapon can absorb items to become stronger or create new Functions or Weapon Forms.

End of tutorial

Use the help function for further questions.

 

Martel was quite surprised by the seemingly infinite number of ways the System could evolve and give him new Features. Besides that, nothing from the third tutorial particularly struck with him.

[System, list my Talents.] He thought before a screen popped up at him. He looked at the Talents, rubbed his eyes, and looked again. "No wonder the Wand Goddess said my Talent was appropriate when I mentioned I had more than one wife." He muttered to himself.

Talents: Martel

Devourer

LVL 0.00

Harem King

LVL 0.00

Heaven Defying Eyes

LVL 0.00

Status Forger

LVL 0.00

 

[System, show an explanation of my Talents.]

Talents: Martel

* +% is Passive *% is Active

**Because the Talents Devouring and Harem King have similar attributes, they have been put together.

Devourer LVL 0.00

The ability to potentially devour anything and take it for yourself.

Harem King LVL 0.00

What every man secretly aspires to be; loved by many women.

CHR +25%, CHA +25%

  1. Physical Stamina spent decreased for sexual conduct
  2. Talents and Hidden Abilities can be awakened in the Harem Kings partner(s).

It is possible to forcibly take, receive, and share Talents, Abilities, and Base Stats in the following ways (descending order of probability of success):

Forcibly 

Take

  1. Rape (only opposite sex)
  2. Consuming part of the body relevant to the specific Talent, Ability, etc. (some may not have a relevant body part).
  3. Drinking targets blood or consuming the target’s flesh.
  4. Continuously maintaining physical contact with the target (living or recently dead) while Devourer is active until taken. 

The possibility and amount that Base Stats can be increased are based upon the disparity between the user and target.

Receive

/

Share

Will receive/share Talents, Abilities, and Base Stats through intercourse. It is not taken. The user is capable of receiving all Talents (at least partially) and Abilities while the likelihood of sharing Talents and Abilities is based upon the partner’s respective compatibility.  The possibility and amount that Base Stats can be increased are based upon the disparity between the partners.

All Receiving/Sharing success is proportionate to the (positive) feelings between partners.

Any Ability, Talent, etc. obtained through Devourer or Harem King by the user (or the user’s partners) can be set to Active or Inactive at will with the aid of the System.

...

 

Martel was thoroughly dumbfounded when he read this. It was no wonder that the goddesses had said his abilities would not have awakened if not for the fact that they were partially opened already. They were simply too powerful! The Devouring Talent meant that he could take a potentially infinite amount of Talents and Abilities while the Harem King Ability meant he could share them with his wives. He was excited beyond belief! 

One of his biggest concerns was the insane effort his wives put in to try and strengthen themselves. They did not wish to be his burden, but his strength. Martel knew full well that their happiness together would be affected by how close they could stand as equals. If he suddenly became all-powerful, their relationship could easily become strained as a gap could form from it. However, this way, they could all obtain many unique abilities, and he wasn’t complaining about the method! Unfortunately, only the Base Stats and not Acquired Stats could be shared, but this only furthered his desire to focus on the Expertise System.  He also wondered how he could know or increase the ‘(positive) feelings between partners.’ While he thought this, he noticed that the number of notification messages had increased by one.

Heaven Defying Eyes

A Talent that dwells in the eyes gifted by all 12 goddesses of Gēmā containing their powers which far exceeds a Talent gifted independently.  It prevents any conflict with Talents, Abilities, etc, that utilize the Eyes and allows for an unlimited amount of them.

*Note that all Talents, unless stated otherwise, cost some mana to activate.

**The strength of some Talents that are magical typically is dependent upon user SPR, Spell Level cast, and Heaven Defying Eyes Expertise Level.

***The Talents are considered separate per goddess for the Talent: Harem King

Ax Goddess

Eyes of Attack LVL 0.00 - Can cast a Spell that emanates from the eye’s point of focus at +25% Mana Cost.

Bow Goddess

Eyes of Far-Sight LVL 0.00 - Can see and focus in on incredible distances (free and passive, can enhance with mana).

Chain Goddess

Eyes of Binding LVL 0.00 - Can spawn a Mana Chain at a visible target physically binding them.

Chakram Goddess

Eyes of Projectile Tracking LVL 0.00 - Shows a projected line of all projectiles within eyesight.

Dagger Goddess

Eyes Of Dark-Vision LVL 0.00 - Can see in absolute darkness.

Fan Goddess

Eyes of Anti-Illusion LVL 0.00 - Can see through illusions (free and passive, can’t see through respectively powerful illusions, can enhance with mana).

Gauntlet Goddess

Eyes of Observation LVL 0.00 - Will highlight items of interest to the user.  Can be influenced by what the user wants to see/find.  Can see a person’s Status.

Mace Goddess

Eyes of Analysis LVL 0.00 - When used, the desired item seen will automatically be connected to the System Database, and information will be listed even if previously unknown by the user. 

Shield Goddess

Eyes of Heavenly Judgment LVL 0.00 - Can see a person's hidden Rewards and Punishment screen which lists all their good and evil deeds. Can cast magic spells:

  1. Judgment (Lesser/Intermediate/Higher): Places a balance scale tattoo on a single target’s forehead. 
  2. Mass Judgment (Intermediate/Higher): Places a balance scale tattoo on all desired targets’ foreheads within eyesight. 
  3. Heavenly Judgment (Higher): Causes holy fire to descend from the heavens at the location looked at.  All desired targets within the area will have a balance scale tattoo on their forehead.

All who look at the balance scale will know of that person's crimes, including those committed after the tattoo. The balance scale can only disappear once the target has made amends for his crimes or the caster wills it due to the spells of divine nature (it can be covered). It is possible to resist based on targets SPR, but it is unlikely as Holy Resistance does not exist and the magic’s divine nature. 

Spear Goddess

Eyes of Nonphysical Attack LVL 0.00 - Can fire a mental attack (shape decided by the user) that bypasses the physical and directly harms the mind and soul.

Sword Goddess

Eyes of Martial Arts LVL 0.00 - Can see and understand an opponent's martial arts, including factors that are invisible to the naked eye (free and passive, can enhance with mana).

Wand Goddess

Eyes of Magic LVL 0.00 - Can see mana/magic that is invisible to the naked eye (free and passive, can enhance with mana).

...

 

Martel couldn't help but suck in a cold breath. Although the Heaven Defying Eyes was objectively weaker than the Devourer and Harem King combo, its versatility was amazing.  He brought out the wine bottle Caroline gave him and used Eyes of Observation. All the unique items in the room had a slight shade of yellow. When Martel thought about finding the wine, the wine bottle suddenly lit up in bright yellow. Then Martel used the Eyes of Analysis on the wine and found that it was spiked as he had expected. It even gave the name the poison used. 

Martel was discouraged when he asked the Help System about a cure for the poison but was only told the type and level of potion to create. With his knowledge of poison, he knew full well that there should be effective antidotes other than generic potions. However, he figured this world's medical knowledge probably also stagnate like technology due to The Invasion and Magic. With this in mind, he went back to the Menu.

Status Forger LVL 0.00

Allows the user to create a false Status for himself, those within his Party, and those who have had intimate relations with him.  This Status will appear in case of investigation (note that Rewards and Punishment can only be hidden). Because of its divine nature, only investigatory abilities with divine nature can see through it (users Deception Expertise and STL vs. Investigators Investigation Expertise and AWR).

 

[This would be quite useful for hiding my identity as Status is considered to be similar to a passport. System, show explanation of my Abilities]

Abilities: Martel

*An Ability(s) is(are) dormant/could not be identified

ESPER

The user is an ESPER, one who has unlocked the power of the mind beyond the shell of the body and has obtained unique abilities. The strength of the ESPER Abilities (power, distance, etc.) is based upon the User’s WIL and the Expertise Level.

The user can project their mind to: 

  1. See (Remote Viewing)
  2. Interact with the minds of others (Telepathy)
  3. Interact with the physical (Telekinesis)

Origin

No LVL

(ESPER:

Metaphysical)

One of the rarest and highest potential Abilities.  Due to its nature, it is thought to be one of the first Abilities. Its lack of obvious traits makes most owners unaware of it and they may never experience its effects.

  1. The user has a higher potential (Max Stats), especially nonphysical.
  2. Can create almost any Ability(or other power) in themselves or others. However, the exact trigger for this to happen cannot be controlled, and a catalyst is often required.  Abilities obtained due to the intervention of Origin are called Branch of Origin (BoO). *An Ability, inspired by the nature of Origin, almost always is generated along with it.
  3. Easier, wider, and more powerful evolution of Abilities in self and others.
  4. More likely to travel to (multiple) other worlds.

Computer Network Minded BoO

LVL 0.00

(ESPER:

Mental)

A unique ESPER ability that Evolved from the combination of multiple ESPER abilities.

  1. Endemic memory which can be configured as a computer
  2. Can interact with electronics mentally 
  3. Can see visual displays in the mind
  4. Can read and write programs on electronics (bypasses most security, including AI)
  5. Can sense, connect to, and create wireless electronic signals
  6. Can create programs in the mind by establishing parameters.  These programs can run and act subconsciously.
  7. The owner's thought process and cognition can be sped up with electricity.

Aimbot BoO

LVL 0.00

(ESPER:

Mental)

  1. The owner of this Ability will inherently know where they need to aim to hit a target with a ranged weapon.

Mutation

The user's body has experienced a change resulting in a unique ability or physical change beyond the typical constraints of their race.

*Some Mutations cannot be integrated into the Expertise System

Draconification

(Mutation: Composite)

The user has experienced a mutation that has given that the traits of a Dragon. This mutation has two states, normal(appears completely human) and draconified(dragon-shaped eyes and scales(color based on the Incorporated Element)). Dragons are greedy and lustful in nature which can affect the user’s mentality.

Incorporated Element(s) (one at a time): Fire, Destruction 

  1. Normal: Incorporated Element Affinity and Resistance +10% 
  2. Physical Base Stats increase and have higher potential.
  3. An inner eyelid that can be used to shield the eye from physical or light attacks.
  4. Thermal Vision (sensors on the upper lip)
  5. A Third Lung which stores Dragon Mana (DMP) (Amount of DMP is based on VIT. Consuming Incorporated Elements and VIT replenishes Dragon Mana. ).
  6. A breath weapon of an Incorporated Element that costs Dragon Mana.

Draconified: Incorporated Element Affinity and Resistance *10%, CON *20%

Gram

(Mutation: On-Call)

The user’s body has fused with the heavy sword which has hidden within the body to be withdrawn for use at will. The sword was made with the elements of fire, water, earth, wind, nature, lightning, creation, and destruction.

Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Nature, and Lightning Affinity and Resistance +10%. Holy Affinity and Curse Affinity and Resist +10%

...

 

Origin caught Martel's attention as they both explained his tendency for being Abducted as well as his power to give others and himself Abilities. What interested him most was his third lung as the information implied he could incorporate additional elements.

 

...

Soul Armament

The Soul Armament is a magical ability brought out from the depths of one's soul that takes the form of an object, typically an armament (although there are exceptions). The Soul Armament can have unique magical abilities and can fuse and empower its real-world counterpart (if it exists).

*Soul Armaments owned by others cannot be used without activating Crown of Origin (thus costing more mana to use than their owners).

**Soul Armaments typically cost 10 MP Per Min to manifest while activated abilities cost 5 MP Per Min to maintain.  Instant abilities costs follow spell levels.

***Soul Armaments cannot be integrated into the Expertise System

Crown of Origin (God-Slayer Series)

A rare Soul Armament that only appears on some who possess the Origin ability.  Allows for the assimilation and management of Soul Armaments as well as providing a brief description of their uses.  It has been imbued with the power of a God-Slayer.  The interior can be viewed with the mind which shows a floating island with a tree that holds all obtained Soul Armaments.

*System has helped it reach stage 2/3

Soul Fruit: 0 (0/100)

All Elements Affinity and Resist +10%

Owner: Martel

Shield of Protection (God-Slayer Series)

A small shield used to block attacks up to a certain level.  At an additional mana cost, the shield can travel a limited range under the condition that it is to protect someone else.  It has been imbued with the power of a God-Slayer.

All Defense +10% (*10% if used to directly block with a physical shield)

Owner: Martel

Breastplate of Sacrifice (God-Slayer Series)

A breastplate to increase the defense of the wearer's chest.  The defense of the whole body will be increased.  It has been imbued with the power of a God-Slayer.

All Physical Def *10%

Owner: Alice Martel

Wings of Spirit Creation (God-Slayer Series)

These wings provide the ability of flight.  Creates a small aura that will speed up the healing of those within it. Provides some affinity with Holy and resistance against Curse. The feathers can be used as a projectile based on 50% Primal Affinity.

It has been imbued with the power of a God-Slayer

Holy and Light Affinity +10%, Curse Resist +10%, Healing Magic *10%

Owner: Artoria Martel

Bow and Quiver of Spirit Wind

Works similar to the real-world counterpart.  An additional mana cost to the quiver will generate wind arrows.  An additional mana cost to the arrow will increase arrow speed and striking power. 

Wind Affinity and Resist +10%

Archery Expertise XP Boosted +10%

Owner: Spirit of Wind Martel

Chain-Mail of Spirit Wood

This chain mail made out of tenacious wood that increases the defense of the entire body. At an additional mana cost,  the chain mail will speed up wound and physical stamina recovery.

Nature Affinity and Resist +10%

HP and STA Regen *500% 

Owner: Spirit of Nature Martel

Greaves of Spirit Earth

These Greaves protect the legs of its wearer.  With additional mana, these greaves will become heavier to help the wearer resist being moved.  

Earth Affinity and Resist +10%

Owner: Spirit of Earth Martel

Boots of Spirit Lightning

These boots provide defense to the wearer's feet.  The wearer's AGL is increased, more so with additional mana.

Lightning Affinity and Resist +10%, AGL *20%

Owner: Spirit of Lightning Martel

Helm of Spirit Water

This helm provides defense to the head of the wearer.  At an additional mana cost, the wearer can breathe and ignore AGL penalty underwater.

Water Affinity and Resist +10%

Owner: Spirit of Water Martel

Gauntlets of Spirit Destruction

These gauntlets provide some protection for the wearer's arms as well as carry the essence of destruction to attacks that directly use the gauntlets.  At an additional mana cost, this effect can be extended onto any held weapon or item.  

Physical Attack Damage *20%

Received attacks are corroded with destruction (-1% damage)

Causing Damage = Expertise XP Boosted +10%

Owner: Nidhogg Martel

Pack of Spirit Fire

Provides defense to the back.  At an additional mana cost, the pack can either shoot fire out the bottom which provides a propellant force or fires projectiles from the top.  Provide some resistance against fire energy.

Fire Affinity and Resist +10%

Owner: Spirit of Fire Martel

Crown of the Holy Queen (God Slayer Series)

Upon activation, creates a circular aura (focused behind) that grants a buff to all allies and increases healing. 

*The crown’s design is not gender-specific

Holy and Light Affinity +10%, Curse Resist +10%

All Ally Stats *10% (Aura)

Owner: Freyja

Scepter of the Dark Queen

When active, creates an aura (focused forward) that weakens the enemy and boosts ally offensive power. 

Curse and Darkness Affinity and Resist+10%

All Ally Attacks *10% (Aura), All Enemy Stats *-10% (Aura)

Owner: Lucibelle

Gale Fan

A fan that can cause a massive gust or slash of wind.

Wind Affinity and Resist +10%

Fan Expertise XP Boosted +10%

Owner: Miyuki

Shadow Dagger

A Dagger made of shadows.  Can cause a physical attack from a shadow.

Darkness Affinity and Resist +10%

STL +10%

Dagger Expertise XP Boosted +10%

Owner: Kuromi

Lunar Descent

A soul armament in the shape of the moon. When active, a certain area around the user will be influenced as though under a full moon.

Light, Darkness, and Illusion Affinity and Resist +20%

Owner: Caelia

Mirror Sword

If one sword is held, an ethereal copy will appear in the other. Swords can freely switch between hands (takes time and will cause a flash). If two swords are held, up to one sword can become ethereal.

Space and Time Affinity and Resist +20%

Swordsmanship Expertise XP Boosted +10%

Owner: Shalgana

Tracking Arrow

Increases the damage and speed of arrows.  It will track its intended target to a certain extent. 

Archery Expertise XP Boosted +20%

DEX +10%

Owner: Yutsuki

Drone

Can scan objects giving user feedback of the composition, materials, basic functionality, weaknesses, etc. (Can give more information than Eye of Analysis). The Drone also functions as a third eye.

All Expertise XP Boosted +20%

INT and WIS +20%

Owner: Angelica

Wand of the Fae (God Slayer Series)

Can use *50% more Mana for *10% Damage/Effect.  

Can use 50% of total Mana for 25% of total Mana at once for Spell Casting (Up to 75% of total Mana to use 50% of total Mana at once(Typically up to 25% of total Mana at once is normal)).

All Elements Affinity and Resist +10%

Magic Expertise XP Boosted +10%

Owner: Morgan

Swords of Yin-Yang

Dual short swords (one Yin and one Yang) that can produce any element consistent with its respective category.

All Elements Affinity and Resist +10%

Sword Expertise XP Boosted +10%

Owner: Cali

...

 

Martel was extremely surprised when his wives’ Soul Armaments, excluding Shiro's, appeared on the list. With a thought, the Crown of Origin appeared on his head before his mind sank within it. The scene inside had changed from when he last remembered. Previously, it had been a corridor into nothingness with his different Soul Armaments on stands on the side. Now, that was completely gone and replaced with an island with a giant tree in its center. The trunk was carved out, a place for every Soul Armament that Martel owned. He noted that it seemed as if his Soul Armaments were fusing to the tree.  The roots of the tree extended along the ground but came up into small square pedestals with eight squares on their edges. Atop the pedestal were his wives Soul Armaments.

After giving it some thought, he realized that the most likely reason was that he was physically intimate with all of them except for Shiro and Cali. In Cali's case, there was a technique that the two of them would do together where they would partially merge which could also explain why her Soul Armament was present.  

[Since all of the Soul Armaments give passive buffs, will I become stronger by sleeping with more women?] Martel thought before dismissing it. Such an act for such a reason was something he considered to be shallow and pathetic. Sleeping with a woman to increase one's own power instead of it being a side effect was something he abhorred to do.

The Chain Mail of Spirit Wood also got his attention.  Currently, it’s HP/STA Regen buff wasn’t appealing as most recovery spells would be more efficient MP and time-wise.  However, when his MP Regen exceeded 15 Per Min, it would become more appealing.  If he had full MP, he could freely activate it before fights to ensure his HP/STA was full which would also give him an advantage in non-magic fights.  Unfortunately, chain mail wasn’t appropriate for the bedroom.

[Wait, with all of these Resistance buffs, won't I be near-invincible? System, explain damage calculation.]

Damage Calculation

Physical

Attack is decided by several factors. The STR/DEX ratio of the weapon, the user's applicable Stats, the location of the attack, etc..

Defense is decided by several factors. The Defender's CON, armor, location of the attack, etc..

Magical

All spells have base damage or chance of effect.  The attacker utilizes Affinity and the MAG Stat while the defender utilizes Resistance and the SPR Stat (armor only gives a small amount of Defense towards magic).

Damage is more of an exponential ratio.

Physical Damage Example: 100 Def vs 100 Atk=100 Damage. 50 Def Vs 100 Atk=225 Damage etc.

Magical Damage Example: (MAG[100]*spell factor[50%]*Affinity[120%])

SPR[120]*Resistance[140%]+DEF%[10]) = 60 Atk Vs 178 Def = 14 Damage etc.

 

It took a couple of seconds for Martel to processes information, but he understood. The System still followed the normal variables of real-life; it only emulated a game. The numbers were nothing more than a simplified generalization. In other words, these numbers theoretically always existed within him and he was not any more powerful. Perhaps only Stats from Titles as well as those earned from Level Ups and the Expertise System would count towards increasing his strength.  Other then that, only the HP would increase his survivability due to its instant healing, but that included everyone in this world.  Unfortunately, this meant that the desire to have 100% Resistance making him immune was impossible. With this in mind, he continued to look at the Abilities.

Mutated Soul

The user’s soul has fused with another soul.  This is considered to be an impossibility as only identical souls can be fused, and no two souls are the same. 

WIL, SPR, MAG, AWR, INT, WIS, CRM, CHA, LUK, and All Affinity and Resistance +25%

Ki 

LVL 0.00

The user has learned how to collect, store, and utilize excess life force otherwise known as Ki. Ki can be utilized in many ways. Ki Abilities will be listed here as they are used.

Current Level of Ki: Peak Rank 10

 

Martel was a little surprised at the buffs of his Mutated Soul and that none of his utilization of Ki or Ki Manifestations was present, but he understood why they were not there as they were not unique entities, unlike the other abilities.

[System, show the explanation of my Skills.]

Skills

Bearer of the Shield

LVL 0.00

Burdened with the duty to protect the world of Gēmā by the Shield Goddess, the Shield grants the user increased abilities.

All Resistances +50%, Def +25%, Holy Affinity +50%

Body Armor 

LVL 0.00

Should the armor pieces vary in defense, the lesser piece is +20% towards the difference between itself and the highest (Unarmored defense is included).
Ex. 150 & 200 becomes 160(base+20%*50) & 200

Block

LVL 0.00 

Blocking with the Hero's Shield means: 

Armor Defense = Armor Defense*200%.

 

The only part of the Skills that slightly surprised Martel was the fact that the shield gave him additional Holy Affinity. However, it made sense when he thought about it. Holy Magic referred to healing magic and buffing magic. While the other elements could have buffing skills, Holy Magic was better overall. Additionally, he could directly counteract Curse Magic which included negative statuses and buffs. The Shield Hero was more of a support fighter than an attacker.  This was the primary reason why many considered it to be the weakest hero.

[System, show my Titles.]

Titles: Martel

*Title parts surrounded by () can be removed. 

**Title parts separated by / can be displayed as-is or partially.

Genius

Recognized for their intellect, geniuses can be the most sought after to do scientific research or for those who wish to seek information.

Hero of Camelot / Roxburghshire

Shield Hero

Dragonslayer( - 0/0/0/2)

This title belongs only by those who have slain a Dragon. When equipped, weaker animals will avoid you out of fear, but some dragons may be overly aggressive (The amount and purity of the dragons will enhance the fear effect). 

The Dragon Kill Count categorizes dragons by the purity of blood, not strength. This is often reflected by species (umbrella examples below), though there are exceptions that jump rank.

Lesser Dragon (Drake, Wyrm): 0

Dragon (Wyvern, Lindwyrm,): 0

High Dragon (Amphithere, Lung Dragon): 

Heavenly Dragon (True Dragon): 2

(Honorary Prince of the Kingdom of Camelot / Kingdom of Roxburghshire / Clans / Empire of Silvering) (& (Prince Consort of the Empire of Regina))

Harem King

Belongs only to those who have successfully created a harem of loyal women due to his personal charm and charisma. Status or power had little to no attribute towards success.  Equip the title for the envious glances of men and the varying glances of women.

Slaughterer( - *Kill Count*)

Belongs to those who have justly killed(not murdered) an astonishing amount of creatures.  The bearer’s Killing Intent can scare even the most steadfast foes.

*Kill Count will increase categories upon kills

Title Evolution Tree: Killer → Slayer → Slaughterer

Killing Intent (Based on WIL) increased by .003% per kill (doubled when equipped).  

Humans: 25,908

Reptiles: 2

Current Killing Intent Buff is +77.73%(+155.46%)

Breaker of Fate

Belongs to those who have broken someone’s Fate(something that cannot be changed).  Except for those who can control Fate or a stronger force, not even gods can escape Fate.  

  1. Can see a person's Fate Status:
    1. Bound: This person is doomed to follow the path designated by Fate
    2. Broken: This person has evaded Fate at least once, but a new Fate has been created.  It is possible for this person to contribute to breaking another person’s Fate.
    3. Fateless: This person is no longer bound by Fate (Typically by having their Fate Broken several times). They can easily break the Fate of another, can grasp its influence, and survive impossible situations.
  2. Breaking someone’s Fate is easier when this title is equipped.

LUK +25% (Doubled per Fate Status (+25%/+50%/+100%))

 

Martel could not help but sigh when he saw the Titles. Aside from a few negligible effects, they did little more than show off deeds or status. He was aware that the name and Title were the only things that could be revealed to other people at will so it could act as a voucher for identity as Titles of royalty or position would be included.  The Killing Intent Buff could be useful to scare his foes, but it also reminded him of all the lives he took when he was Shiba thanks to magic.  Breaker of Fate was interesting, but LUK was intangible and uncontrolled which made it unreliable.

Next Martel opened the notifications.

Successfully absorbed Martel's Wedding Band! Discovered materials and a previously undiscovered method to create an independent space for storage and foreign space-time magic enchantment for communication between other rings. Foreign Magic assimilated and designated as Emotion Magic.  System evolution beginning.

Shield Form 'Ring Shield' Unlocked!

The shield has fixed itself to the wedding band. 

  1. It is still completely usable in the form, just really small. 
  2. The shield and the wedding band are still considered to be separate entities so when the shield to form changes the wedding band will remain. 
  3. The wedding band now has the same durability as the shield.

System Feature 'Inventory' Unlocked!

System Feature 'Inventory' has Mutated into the 'Infinite Time Stop Inventory'!

System Assimilating ESPER Ability Computer Minded

System Feature 'Infinite Time Stop Inventory' has Mutated into 'Networked Infinite Time Stop Inventory'

  1. Internal space has been created within the shield that can expand at need. 
  2. It can be used to store items without any time passing by. 
  3. Storing/retrieving items takes MP, mental, or soul strength relevant to the size of the item.
  4. Only material or simple organisms(like microorganisms or plant life) can be stored.
  5. Can create a shared space to exchange items internally to the user and others with Martel’s Wedding Rings.

System Feature 'Fast Travel' Unlocked!

  1. Once per hour, the user can create a magical portal from their current location to a previously traveled point of interest (within the same world) that lasts for one minute. 
  2. Does not require compensation to activate. 
  3. Only party members or those designated by the user may use the portal.

System Feature 'Call' Unlocked!

  1. At the cost of Mana Per Minute (depending on distance and interference) from both parties, the user can call and receive calls from those within their party or those who wear Martel's wedding rings (within the same world).  
  2. The call can include video and be vocal or mental.

 

Martel couldn't help but grin as all the features unlocked were handy utilities. The Networked Infinite Time Stop Inventory would be extremely useful to him, although the limitations did not mean he could abuse it too much. The Call feature was also advantageous as he could easily contact party members secretly when they were otherwise out of range.

Successfully absorbed a SRIN.  Properties of the SRIN analyzed. System evolution beginning. Assimilating the Ability 'Computer Network Minded.' Assimilating the Talent 'Heaven Defying Eyes.' Assimilating ‘Emotion Magic.’

System Feature 'Map' has Evolved into 'Smart Map'!

  1. The map has now become 3D.
  2. So long as the SRIN are present and the information is received (does not need to be processed) by the user, the data can be displayed on the map in real-time.
  3. The Talents: Eyes of Far-Sight, Eyes of Dark Vision, Eyes of Observation, Eyes of Analysis, Eyes of Heavenly Judgment, and Eyes of Magic can be activated by the user through the SRIN to obtain more specific information (Costs +25% Mana and is -25% as effective).
  4. It will be possible to track specific people or items in real-time so long as they remain in the range of SRIN.
  5. By listening, analyzing body language, and by sensing emotions (activated by the user at the cost of mana) people/creatures on the Smart Map will be automatically colored based upon their relationship to the user(can be wrong):
    1. White: Unknown
    2. Yellow: Neutral
    3. Green: Friendly
    4. Blue: Ally/Friend
    5. Gold: True Love.
    6. Orange: Aggressive
    7. Red: Hostile
    8. Black: Mortal Enemies
  6. Alerts can be set up to notify the user once something happens on the map as previously designated by the user.
  7. Permission can be granted to party members or those with Martel’s Wedding Rings to see the normal map up to the most detailed information the Smart Map can provide.

 

Martel's mouth gaped open. Although he was going to personally do something similar, this Feature would be far more efficient than if he did it himself. Additionally, the information only had to reach himself which freed him from processing and categorizing the information which would be time-consuming and tiring. Although he planned it to be controlled by an AI in the future, it would still be taxing. The Smart Map would automatically take in and display all the information that he could want without needing his input, something that he appreciated. Happy with what the previous notifications, he opened the last one only for his face to become full of heavy lines.

Due to the desire of the user and sufficient conditions being present, the Feature 'Dating Simulator' has been unlocked!

Condition(s): Dragon Bloodline

‘Dating Simulator’ has Mutated into 'Galge Simulator'!

Condition(s):  Ability 'Computer Network Minded' and Emotion Magic.

'Galge Simulator' has Mutated into ‘Harem King System’!

Condition(s): the Talent ‘Harem King.’

  1. A list of different aspects of females within the party, or wearing Martel's wedding rings, can be displayed. 
  2. What can be displayed depends upon the relationship between the user and the female, but can include: 
    1. overall relationship
    2. the intensity of love (all types)
    3. Loyalty
    4. Etc
  3. An entirely new system has been created which can give unique quests and currency that can affect the user’s body (in terms of CHA, CHR, sexual factors, etc.).  The exact limits need to be explored.

 

[Hey, this is quite bad. I'm glad I'm not the one who created this, but it still feels a bit like an invasion of privacy. Oh well, I'll probably end up using it at some point. System, open my Status.]

 

Name

Martel Truth Cross

Level

0

0%

Title

Harem King

Ki Rank

Peak 10

A+

Race

Human (Mutant)

Strength Rank

A+

S-

Growth Level

Hero

Spellcasting Level

5(6)

A-

HP

330

/

330

HP Regen

0.55

2.75

Per Min

MP

1837

/

1837

MP Regen

3.06

 

Per Min

DMP

330

/

330

DMP Regen

0.55

 

Per Min

STA

330

/

330

STA Regen

0.55

2.75

Per Min

Stat

Base

Level

Passive

Total

Rank

Active

Total

Rank

STR

47

0

100%

47

E+

110%

51.7

D-

DEX

34

0

110%

37.4

E

110%

41.14

E+

AGL

39

0

100%

39

E

110%

42.9

E+

VIT

33

0

100%

33

E

110%

36.3

E

CON

27

0

100%

27

E-

110%

29.7

E-

WIL

124

0

125%

155

C

110%

170.5

C+

SPR

147

0

125%

183.75

C+

110%

202.125

B-

MAG

133

0

125%

166.25

C+

110%

182.875

C+

AWR

64

0

125%

80

D+

110%

88

D+

STL

57

0

110%

62.7

D

110%

68.97

D

INT

21974

 

145%

31862.3

 

110%

35048.53

 

WIS

184

 

145%

266.8

 

110%

293.48

 

CHR

12

 

125%

15

 

110%

16.5

 

CHA

27

 

125%

33.75

 

110%

37.125

 

LUK

117

 

150%

175.5

 

110%

193.05

 

KAR

Good

Bad

           

0

0

           

Affinity

MAG

Level

Passive

Total

Rank

Active

Total

Rank

Fire

166

0

211%

350.79

B+

110%

385.87

B+

Water

189%

314.21

B

100%

314.21

B

Earth

172%

285.95

B

100%

285.95

B

Wind

199%

330.84

B+

100%

330.84

B+

Nature

192%

319.20

B

100%

319.20

B

Metal

207%

344.14

B+

100%

344.14

B+

Lightning

199%

330.84

B+

100%

330.84

B+

Holy

266%

442.23

A-

100%

442.23

A-

Curse

212%

352.45

B+

100%

352.45

B+

Light

208%

345.80

B+

100%

345.80

B+

Darkness

218%

362.43

B+

100%

362.43

B+

Illusion

207%

344.14

B+

100%

344.14

B+

Space

231%

384.04

B+

100%

384.04

B+

Time

230%

382.38

B+

100%

382.38

B+

Primordial

210%

349.64

B+

101%

352

B+

Resist

SPR

Level

Passive

Total

Rank

Active

Total

Rank

Fire

184

0

250%

459.38

A-

110%

505.31

A

Water

227%

417.11

A-

100%

417.11

A-

Earth

227%

417.11

A-

100%

417.11

A-

Metal

254%

466.73

A-

100%

466.73

A-

Wind

237%

435.49

A-

100%

435.49

A-

Nature

232%

426.30

A-

100%

426.30

A-

Lightning

242%

444.68

A-

100%

444.68

A-

Curse

273%

501.64

A

100%

501.64

A

Light

244%

448.35

A-

100%

448.35

A-

Darkness

266%

488.78

A

100%

488.78

A

Illusion

254%

466.73

A-

100%

466.73

A-

Space

273%

501.64

A

100%

501.64

A

Time

271%

497.96

A

100%

497.96

A

Primordial

250%

458.76

A-

100%

458.76

A-

Abnormalities

Curse: For Love's Sake

Fate

Bound

 

Martel surprised at just how thorough his Status was. He was especially worried when he saw that he was suffering from a curse. [System, explain the curse ‘For Love's Sake.’]

For Love's Sake

Those with this curse suffer around those who love them. Their guard will automatically be lowered, and they will lose some levels of awareness, typically for humorous effect.

*This curse is not magical and is inherent so it cannot be removed.

 

Martel's eyebrow visibly twitched. It seemed that this was the reason why he was so easily kissed against his wishes by those who had earnest feelings for him, and why he had never noticed Morgan peeping. Slightly perturbed, Martel continued to analyze his Status.

Two other things had caught his attention which was the HP, MP, and DMP Regen, and the Strength Rank and Spell Casting Level. The Regen caught his eye because it was extremely slow compared to a game. From 0, it would take approximately 10 hours for a complete recharge. This meant that conservation and recovery items would be necessary.

[System, explain Strength Rank and Spell Casting Level]

Strength Ranking refers to the maximum strength detected by the system of the user. If there is a notable difference, two different rankings will be given for passive and active strength.

Spell Casting Level refers to the highest Spell Level capable of being cast by the user.

 

[System, explain Spell Level.]

There are three tiers of spells each having three levels of Mana input:

Tier

Lesser

Intermediate

Higher

Levels

I

II

III

IV

V

VI

VII

VIII

IX

Mana Cost

25

50

100

200

400

800

1600

3200

6400

Average Strength

B+

B+

B+

A-

A-

A-

A

A

A

The user’s current max mana able for use at once(25%) is 459(919 with Wand of the Fae). This means the highest spell the user will be able to cast is Intermediate V(VI) due to the Mana requirements.  The average Spell at that level will have the approximate strength of a Rank A- with the user’s current Stats. 

Typically, spells work with percentages.  For Example, Lesser Healing Level 1(2) is HP = MAG*Affinity*20%(30%).

Wand of the Fae can be used to increase the Effect of the spell by *10% for *50% more mana or increase Max Mana to allow for a higher Spell Level.  

For example (using the user’s Stats):

Normal Casting

Healing Level V

Cost:  

400 MP

Effect: MAG*Affinity*60% = 

212 HP

.53 HP/MP

Effect *10

Healing Level V

Cost: 400*150% = 

600 MP

Effect: MAG*Affinity*60%*110% = 232 HP

.38 HP/MP

Max Mana Increase

Healing Level VI

Cost: 800*150% = 1200 MP 

(400 MP is sacrificed)

Effect: MAG*Affinity*70% = 

241 HP

.20 HP/MP

This means casting with Wand of the Fae, either by increasing Spell Level or by increasing Spell Effect, is not cost-efficient compared to normal casting(decreases with spell level), but can help raise output when necessary.

*Casting time is roughly the same regardless of Spell Level 

 

[Given this explanation, and how slowly MP regenerates, it seems as though the magic of this world will focus upon multiple uses of weaker spells. The Wand of the Fae allows me to cast far higher level magic than others with my Stats, useful for situations that require immediate power spikes or higher levels of magic when I don’t need to care about mana consumption as it is not as efficient. System, explain methods to regenerate HP, MP, and DMP outside of time.]

HP

Health Potions and Magic

MP

Mana Potions and Mana Crystals

DMP

Potions with the Attribute of Incorporated Elements and Consuming Incorporated Elements

 

Martel couldn't help but nod as this was within his expectations. External forces would be required which would cost time and money to obtain. However, if everything went as planned, money would not be a big problem for long.

After cracking his neck from spending the last five minutes going through all this information, Martel then turned his attention to Cali as he patiently explained how the System worked and answered any questions she had as he killed time.

 

Fun fact, this chapter, that covers 5 min, took 50+ hours to write.

In case you are wondering, I'm not going to get hyper into specific numbers in the future and will keep them abstract (for everyone's sanity), usually expressed as percentages and Rank (A, S, SS, Etc.). The purpose of this was to establish the 'rules' of the system/world and give more detail into some character specifics.

Also, happy new year!

8