The Legend of the Fake Hero Volume 1 – Origin (Reader Notes and Foreword)
4.8k 1 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Reader Notes

*This is for clarification if you are confused by my unique grammar. Besides 'thought' the others are rare. I do write assuming the following will be ignored.

Words in [] are direct thoughts or telepathic conversations. 
[“ “] are flashbacks or memories.
[<>] is communication through a device that may not allow others to hear
Italicized words are words of unknown origin or “written” Magic words
Words surrounded by * * are sounds/sound effects
a / or \ means they are said simultaneously(specifically if they are two different sentences)
Words that are surrounded by multiple “” are spoken by multiple people simultaneously(the same words) (only 2 can mean more than 2 people said it).
Speech that is by two people on the same line (ex: "Person A" "Person B") means that 'person b said it immediately after (if not the tail end) of 'person a.'
Paragraphs with an extra space between them are scene changes
Paragraphs with ellipses (...) between them are scene changes with short time jumps
End of Day Refers to the overall days that the main character goes through. The reason for this is because some of the worlds have a different 'flow of time'. For example, every two days on Albion is one day on Earth. Spending 30 days in Albion and 10 days on Earth will result in 'end of day 40'. It would not be end of day 25 (Earth time) or end of day 50 (Albion time). The reason for this is to get a grasp on the amount of time that has gone by for the characters that are prominent (some exist in different time flows for a while).
Caelia is pronounced as Kay-lee-ah

Foreword

In the past, if you told me I would be writing a book at some point, I probably wouldn’t have believed you. Reading a book, now that is believable. I used to read a lot. Even now, I still do. I found myself reading many different types of works. Most prevalently are foreign light novels and web novels from Japan and China. They have many ideas and concepts that western writing doesn’t have. I’ve tried to read a lot of them, but some couldn’t quite catch my interest. There’s always some aspect of them that bothered me. Some books; I would love the premise, the main character, or the fantastic worlds. However, it was hard to find a story whose aspects I found to be enjoyable, or at least not bad. I wanted to find something that fit my tastes. A book I was wholly absorbed into. Long story short, I started writing this book.

That being said, it’s not to say that I think I can write better than anyone else. The way this book started as that I simply had an idea and inspirations from my reading, which I committed to paper. From there that expanded with much more of my ideas until it became what it is today. At the time of writing this, I am halfway through Volume 9, and I’m editing my previous novels for the fourth time while remaking my appendices. My only intent from this book was to make a story, but one I would enjoy reading with characters that I care about and want to spend time with. A story that, I have to say, I wouldn’t mind being an autobiography (without the tragic backstory).

I honestly never intended to make my writing public, but then I never expected to have written so much simply because I enjoyed the story as I wrote it. Regardless, I hope you find the story even more enjoyable than I found creating it. Enjoy. 

P.S. I use a dictation program and went from 1st person present tense to editing it 3rd person past tense while writing Vol 4 which is the reason there might be a couple of significant grammar problems.

53