Chapter 2 – Solar Powered Satellite
4.2k 3 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Next Day, 

Jay woke up in the morning, hearing his phone buzz. He moved his hand around the side table, searching for his phone before he peeked at it. There was an unknown number on the screen, making him pick put the phone on his ear, "hello?" 

A harsh voice came from the other side, "you have gone soft. Taking so much time in just picking up one call." 

Jay yawned, turning on his back, "what the hell do you want? I am out of that business." 

"You are never out." 

Jay put the phone on speaking, closing his eyes, burying his head under the pillow, "hm, give me one reason to not cut the call and resume my beauty sleep?" 

"What is going on with Stark?" 

"That's not the reason," Jay cut the call, closing his eyes to go back to his sleep. 

The ring started again, making Jay squirm. He took up his phone and took the batteries out before going back to sleep. 

He slept till afternoon, waking up in a wholesome mood, remembering to put the batteries back into his cell. 

Jay checked the missed calls, voice mails, throwing them on the bed. He walked to the bathroom, taking a bath, walking out of his room. 

It was a homely house where he lived, nothing too big, just two bedrooms. Near his workplace, and that was all.

He heard his phone ringing again, looking at Tony's number. He picked it up, "yeah?" 

"Can you...come over? There is something I need to talk to you about." 

"10880?" 

"Yeah." 

"Ok, I'll be there soon." 

Shortly, 

Jay parked his black sports car in front of Tony's house, getting out and walking inside. 

He adjusted his lab coat as he walked inside the large house, his eyes falling on Pepper, "morning." 

Pepper looked up, getting ready to leave, "morning. He is downstairs." 

She was about to walk out when she paused, "you didn't bring anything?" 

Jay glanced back with a smile, "I did. Won't you stay?" 

Pepper pressed her lips, smiling, "I want to. But I am already late. Tony left quite a mess." 

Jay shrugged, "your loss. You will have to wait like others." 

Pepper laughed, waving her hand, "Yeah, I am very excited over you throwing you more works towards me."

Jay chuckled as she shut the door behind her. He walked downstairs to Starks lab, watching him work on schematics on blue screens, "are you creating your suit again?" 

Tony was just about to say something when he was taken aback, "how do you even know about that?" 

Jay sat down in front of him, "I have my sources, like always. I highly doubt you'd call me to work on your child." 

"Heh," Tony scoffed, "in your dreams. I was thinking about shifting the focus from weapons to clean energy. Can you come up with ideas?" 

Jay's eyes darted around the workshop, "Hm, I have two practical ideas in particular. One is more efficient solar-powered panels. We can either launch a miniaturized solar power station in Earth's orbit. Which would be more than enough to provide enough energy electricity to light more than half the Earth. Launch two and you enough to light the whole Earth." 

Tony watched him, putting his thumb in front of his lips, staring at him, "and that is practical?" 

"I have blueprints for the arrangement? You want to see?" 

Jay took out something like a rectangular-shaped block, like two black chopsticks, just smaller. 

He pulled the two sides apart, revealing the blue screen as he opened the blueprints, connecting with Tony's screen. 

Tony pointed at the mobile, "that...that was my idea. I told you I was going to build it." 

Jay raised his one hand, controlling it with the other, "all yours. You were gone for three months, and I got bored. Here." 

Tony stared at him suspiciously, still not believing that he had an idea like that. He turned his eyes towards the screen, watching the blueprints, reading the information. 

Tony stared at him, reading faster and faster, "Jarvis, analyze the information. Is it feasible?" 

"Reading the information, analyzing it. It will take ten minutes to analyze the feasibility." 

"Also check the cost-effectiveness of it." Tony said, turning towards Jay, "seriously. Why didn't you start your own company?" 

Jay stood up, walking to the mini-fridge, "so you do keep bear. I thought I'd find wine or some other rich crap here." 

He closed the door, walking back to sit down, "I-I have coke upstairs. Since I know that you don't drink it." 

The two of them looked at each other before Tony stood up, refusing, "I am not going to bring you a coke. Go take yourself." 

Jay clicked his tongue, looking away, "whatever. I didn't feel like it."

"Seriously, why?" 

Jay put his elbow on the table, supporting his chin on his palm.

It wasn't like he didn't have a company; his company owned the whole Earth in one of the other parallel universes. But that didn't make a difference. The happiness that he got was from the smallest of things rather than the big ones.

The whole thing didn't interest him anymore, "are you happy?" 

Tony raised his eyes, speaking enthusiastically, "Yes, of course, I am happy. I am rich, handsome, and Iron Man. What is there not to be happy about?" 

Jay watched him, turning his back towards him, turning around to look at the files, trying to ignore Jay's gaze. 

Jay looked away, "that's why I decided against it. Nothing more, nothing less." 

Tony started taking things, working on the schematics of the gauntlet, "you said you had two ideas?" 

"Yeah. Although solar energy satellite is a good idea and far more efficient than any of the current solar panels. But if the same amount of solar panels are put in the Sahara desert. According to my calculation, it could produce 7 times more electricity than the world uses in a year, in one month."

Tony uncomfortably stood up, "and you want me to believe you just have that, and you are just giving it away? You are being too generous." 

He paused, "did you sleep with Pepper?" 

Jay laughed, looking down, "why would it matter to you if I slept with her?" 

Tony stammered, "what...uh...because she is my secretary. You don't sleep with other secretaries." 

Jay nodded, smiling, "I didn't sleep with her." 

Tony punched his palm, "You are gay? And you are in love with me." 

He narcissistically laughed, walking around, "yes, that's it. I understand now, but I am sorry. I don't swing that way, even for someone as pretty as you." 

Jay rolled his scarlet eyes, "do you really want to know why?" 

Tony sat down, curiously looking at him, "yeah, what is it? Are you dying?" 

Jay softly smiled, "yes, I have an incurable disease. I was wondering about transferring my mind to a computer, becoming an AI to save my life.  And then, create an automaton on which I can maintain my consciousness and gain eternal young and eternal life. There is just one hitch. I can't get the reproductive organs right." 

Tony pointed at him, "although I know you are joking, that is a feasible idea."

Jay smiled, "I know, and I am serious about that reproductive organ problem." 

"Yeah, I get it. That part is important. Will you get to the point?" 

"Frankly, I want to say that this can solve the world's energy problem, and we can focus on things like hunger, education, and other things, things that make me sound good. But it's nothing like that. I am just feeling generous, and these techs will just rot in my hands." 

"Sir, the information has been scanned, a blueprint has been built. It is 99.99% feasible and safe." 

Tony watched the hologram of the blueprint, chucking it, "what is 0.01%?" 

"If a meteor hits the satellite, causing it to crash before it reaches orbit." 

Tony and Jay chuckled, making Tony stand up, "I can use this. This is great. I'll get you 50% of all benefits." 

Jay stood up, "I couldn't care less. You work on your suit. If you need any help, then ask me."

Tony remained focus on the blueprints, "yeah. Wait, that project you talked about...did you do it? Do you want any help?" 

Jay was walking towards the stairs when he hesitated, "hmm, not sure. I'll think about the offer. Have fun." 

He walked towards the upper floor, going to the kitchen to take a coke, walking out of the house. He paused for a moment, walking to his car, sitting on the driving seat. 

But he sat there until someone sat up on the back seat, her seductive voice coming from behind him, "you stopped answering your phone." 

Jay shook his head, smiling, "Nah, I just blocked your whole network while I drove." 

"You were always good with that stuff, but Director is angry." 

"And? I should care about it. Why?" Jay asked nonchalantly. 

"Because of the terms, you sighed when you left the service. No one is truly out of this job." 

Jay glanced towards his right, watching the face of the woman with dark red hair, green eyes, watching him, "Jay, this is important." 

Jay gazed into her eyes, "why?"

"I don't know. But Nick was angry when you refused to go and save him. It's one of his gut feeling that something is going on, and you know. He wants to know." 

Jay tapped his finger on the wheel, his face near hers, "hmm, I'll think about it. Now, do you have some other job, or would you like to come over to my place?" 

Natasha's eyes shifted between his eyes and lips, "No, I am free." 

"Good."

80