Chapter 4 – Destined Ones
3.2k 4 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What am I looking at?" Stane watched the gun in front of him with an electronic lock of some kind. No matter what he did, it wouldn't shoot.

Jay sat in front of him, smiling, watching. Once Stane gave up, Jay pulled the sleeves of his lab coat back, showing a watch with a square screen, "pair device HPPG-01 with the holder."

There was a crackling sound, and the gun light up with red light. A holographic screen appeared in front of Stane, acting like HUD. He pointed towards the wall a voice came out of from the gun, "Estimating Damage."

A hologram of the floor map appeared, and the whole floor and Stane in the hologram got destroyed, "currently, the power is at 200%. Do you want to reduce the output?"

Stane looked at the hologram in shock, "Yes, reduce it to 100%."

This time only Stane's arm and half the floor got destroyed, making him reduce the output again until he reached 10%.

Obadiah was tempted to test it when Jay patted his shoulder, "we can try this later. I can build bigger things with this technology, even cannons. Much stronger, causing much more damage. Just that Tony thinks this is too dangerous."

Stane calmed down, "how much is the production cost for this thing."

"Same as making a pistol, a bit cheaper depending on the material," Jay sat back down on the chair.

Stane laughed, patted his shoulder, "well done. Well done!! This will take us new heights!!"

Jay worriedly looked at him, "Tony?"

Stane stopped laughing, with a menacing smirk on his lips, "you can leave Tony to me. I am sure he will listen to his Uncle."

Jay stood up, shaking his hands, "then I leave it in your capable hands. Use it however you like."

Shortly,

Jay walked out of the building, moving towards his parking. His thoughts were still on HPPG. Although it sounded like serialization of Harry Potter books. But it was much more than that.

High-Powered Plasma Gun, with a Bio-Energy field reader. Each living creature has a Bio-Energy field, which is unique to them. Their signature, like fingerprints. Using that as a system locking, with all guns controlled by an AI.

It was a popular system in one of the other universes, where someone invented this. Jay used this tech, spread it throughout the Earth through their legal facilities to reduce crime and empower the government. Giving more power to the leaders who could take away the weapons with a single order.

How did that profit him? Well, all the mini AI's were all part of a whole AI. Which was in control, which meant all the mini AI's were under his control which meant the world was his, without anyone knowing. 

He gave the project an ostentatious name, 'Project God.' Controlling the world from the shadows, making good leaders, progressing, watching human progress at a rate that he didn't think was possible was fun.

But soon, it became too much responsibility. So Jay chose people all over the world, heroes, not anti-heroes or villains. Just heroes and gave them rights.

Although, even in that world, three people gave him much trouble. Tony, Reed, and Victor.

Tony and Reed were on his side by the time he gave the power away. But Victor was killed in the conflict since he didn't feel like sharing.

Anyway, the reason why he gave HPPG to Stane was to keep an eye on Stane. To know Stane's every move, to get proof for just in case.

Now that he was done with that, he drove home, entering his apartment, lying down on the sofa, "ahhh...even though I vowed I would live a peaceful life in this universe."

It wasn't like he didn't want to live a peaceful life. Even so, no matter which universe, he always got into trouble. He could blame fate, destiny, causality, gods, or whatever. The one truth was, he wasn't someone who liked the idea of peace and quiet - it only bored him.

"Although...an afternoon nap is great," He closed his eyes, resting on the couch.

Sometime later,

Jay woke up, hearing his phones ringing, making him drag his finger across the screen, "loud-speaker."

"Jay?"

Jay opened his eyes, hearing the voice, "Gwen?"

"Yes! I messaged you! Our band performance is tomorrow, are you coming?"

Jay closed his eyes, "No, I am busy, exceptionally busy."

A few voices resounded behind Gwen, "I bet he is sleeping!"

"On the bed?"

"Office chair?"

"Sofa!!"

Jay smiled, hearing their giggles, "ok, I will be there."

"Great! See you there!" Gwen cut the call, making Jay sit up. He thought for a moment, calling Pepper.

"Hello, Jay?"

"Yes, I have to go to New York for something personal. Try to make sure that house of cards doesn't fall till I am back?"

Pepper gently laughed, "I can't promise that. I'll try. I was just going to meet Tony, the boards meeting just added. They-"

Jay stopped her, "don't worry. Soon, all this wouldn't matter. Anyway, I will talk about it when I come back. I need to act surprised when Stane tells me."

Pepper smiled on the other end, "ok, have a fun trip."

Jay cut the call, standing up, walking stretching his body.

What happens when you know about people and their versions in parallel worlds? Then you know their potential.

Like Gwendolyn Stacy and Mary Jane Watson, destined individuals on many Earth. Lovers of Peter Parker or had superpowers themselves.

Either way, there was something strange about this universe. For one, there was only one Peter Parker and May Parker that he found. But Peper was just a kid, and these two were grown-ups.

Even though Cindy Moon and Flash Thompson were kids as well. Harry was the same age as Gwen and Mary, but his father wasn't all that successful. OsCorbs was still a growing company.

Anyway, the Spider-Man wasn't here yet. So, he decided to get to know the others like Gwen and Mary.

During his travels, he came across a thief, Felicia, which was an exceptional experience.

Anyway,

In this world, Gwen and Mary met with Glory Grant and Betty Brant. The four of them started a band like their counterparts.

But these weren't the only interesting people in Midtown Highschool. There was one other girl, Jessica Jones. Unlike Gwen and Mary, this girl had superpowers.

And so, The Next Day,

Jay reached the Midtown Highschool, about to go inside when he heard his name, "Jay!"

His eyes shifted, knowing exactly where the voice came from in the crowd, landing on the girl waving her hand.

She was about 5'5, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a cute face. She was still young, becoming better looking day by day, in her senior year.

He crossed the crowd, bending down to hug her, kiss her cheek, "hey."

Gwen hugged him, "I can't believe you came! From LA to New York, just for our performance!"

Jay patted her back, "it's nothing. I got fired yesterday, so I had time on my hand."

Gwen looked at him with a smile and a worried expression, "you are making me feel bad now."

Jay put his and on her lower back, walking with her as he ignored the gazes from other high schoolers, "don't. You know, and I know that I can find a job anywhere. Your high school is soon coming to an end in about a month. What do you plan to do?"

"I?" Gwen seemed a bit conflicted when she thought about it, making Jay press his lips and smile, "conflicted?"

"Yeah, kind of. This is our last performance, and I have decided to go to Empire State University. And Mary is going in a different one with Glory, Betty. That band would be separated."

Jay glanced down at her, smiling, "you haven't told them?"

Gwen shook her head, "I didn't know-how. Help me out?"

Jay rolled his eyes, "you should feel bad for calling me all the way to this city for such selfish motives."

Gwen chuckled, "you were the one that taught me not to be shy over these things."

Jay scratched his cheeks, "did I? What was I thinking."

"Jay! Gwen! Here!!"

The two of them looked around, watching the girl with bright red hair, green eyes, making him tilt his head, "hmm, they share the same features."

Gwen looked up, "who?"

"Jane and a friend of mine," Jay said, talking about Natasha. Although Mary Jane's was slight orangish that dark red that of Natasha.

He walked over, hugging her lightly, placing a kiss on her cheeks, "It's good to see you!"

Mary Jane raised her body, kissing his cheeks, "You are on time! Our show is about to start!"

Jay looked towards her, his eyes moving to Gwen's face, as if saying not now, "I just remembered that I have an important call to make. How about you two go on ahead, and I'll be right there?"

MJ took Gwen's arm, pulling her, "be there!"

Jay waved at them, taking out his mobile, calling Tony as he moved towards the auditorium.

"Hello?"

"Tony, do you have money to spare?"

"How much?"

"I want to buy a music studio in NYC. Can you arrange that?"

"That's easy. But why?"

"It's a graduation gift for someone."

75