Chapter 11 – A Month Later.
1.6k 1 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Primo was standing beside Coulson and Pepper, watching the Iron Man carry Iron Monger towards the higher heights, whistling, "that's a good idea."

Coulson watched him, "you know what he is doing?"

"Yeah, " Primo muttered, sitting down on the ground in front of Coulson, Pepper, and other agents.

Pepper was sneaking glances at him. Mainly because she barely dared to speak until she saw Tony going towards space, "why aren't you helping him? You have superpowers, right?"

Primo didn't answer, just stared at the sky, making Coulson clear his throat, "He's not Shield. But isn't this what you do? Appearing at situations like these and interfering?"

Primo blinked slowly, glancing towards Coulson and Pepper, "when I was born, I had power. To control fire. But what some people don't understand, fire is more than just fire. If you study it further, there are so many subsections, Heat, Thermal Radiation, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrocarbon, Kinetic Energy, Oxygen, Vapors. But that's not the end of the branches. If you go further down, then there are so many abilities, too many. And I learned every last one that I could and used them to protect the people. Ones like me, with the ability who just wanted to live normal lives. But it didn't end there. I learned more and more about the world and knew all that could go wrong. It scared me. I just wanted to control everything. I wanted to make sure everything went right. Now, I am tired. And I am hoping that guy could take my place or lead the ones that do. If so, he should be at least capable of defeating someone like this."

"You are leaving?" Coulson was taken aback. But his head turned to check on Tony, seeing him come down, stopping on top of the roof. With Obidiah falling down and Tony barely managing to keep floating up.

Primo kept sitting, with flames appearing beneath their feet, raising them in the sky. To watch what was going on.

Pepper and Coulson were filled with questions about what was going on, looking under their feet. But Pepper was more worried about Tony, so she didn't ask many questions.

Coulson didn't know if he should be happy, "you are retiring?"

"Yes, I'll disappear, never to appear in front of you. Get a girlfriend, marry someone, have children? Live the dream? I don't know. Oh, btw, I visited people in the Index, the ones with powers too dangerous and didn't pass through their psyche exam? I took their powers away like I took Katya's."

Pepper jumped up, hearing her mobile right, "Tony is calling me!"

She picked up, "Tony!"

"Potts, this isn't working! We're going to have to overload the reactor and blast the roof!"

"Well, how are you going to do that?"

"You are going to do!"

Pepper looked towards Coulson and Primo, making Primo smile, and stairs appeared in front of them.

Pepper ran down, rushing towards the central console, giving Coulson and Primo some private time.

Coulson sat down, touching the fire, "why am I not burning?"

"This fire is a manifestation of my will. It won't burn what I don't, will it to."

Coulson's smile didn't leave his lips, "you still haven't told everything about your powers."

Primo glanced at him, "always the agent. Even when I am telling you, I am retiring. You are thinking about dealing with me if I appear next. Well, I will tell you this. What do you think when you complete level 1?"

Coulson dazedly looked at him, "you reach level 2?"

*BOOM*

A pillar of blue light rose, making Primo let out a sigh of relief, "it's time to leave."

He took out his ring, throwing it towards Coulson, "here, if you ever need my help, call for me. I will teleport to the ring."

Coulson stared at the ring, turning his eyes towards Primo, seeing the words in the air, "Run, before the fire disappears."

"Fuck!" Coulson jumped up, running down the stairs, watching them disappear one by one, nearly falling down. He managed to balance himself before falling down on the ground.

The five of his agents surrounded him, "Sir, are you okay?"

Coulson sat up, watching the ring, "Yes, I am." He grasped it, standing up, "let's go."

Shortly,

Pepper Potts appeared with Tony's hand around her neck, supporting him, making two agents walk over and help him.

Coulson nodded at Tony, "don't worry. We will make sure to protect this secret."

Tony looked away, "yeah, yeah, I just want to go home."

The sound of engines came closer and closer, rushing towards them, stopping near them.

Jay glanced towards them through the open roof sports car, "did you call for a taxi?"

Tony laughed lightly, "Yes, Yes, I did."

He opened the door, sitting down on the back seat, with Pepper sitting beside him.

The two shield agents saluted towards him, "Sir!"

Jay narrowed his eyes, looking at their faces, shifting his eyes towards Coulsen, "you don't train your men well or keep them updated."

Coulson looked at him apologetically, "sorry."

Pepper and Tony both exchanged glances, "why are they calling you, sir?"

Tony solemnly asked, "Jay, are you with this organization?"

Jay started the car, turning it, "Yes, I was before I came to work at Stark Industries. There were a few things that I didn't like about the organization, so I retired. But then, I didn't expect you to get kidnapped or making this suit. Ordinarily, once retired, none of the Shield agents should acknowledge my identity. I wonder if Fury wants to destroy my normal life so I would go back to Shield, or they just made a mistake. Though, I am sorry about not telling you. It was one of the conditions of living with a new identity."

Tony leaned back, "and, why are you telling me now?"

"I was going to tell you after what happened at Gulmira. I thought you were bound to come across Shield. And before they use my past and about me to gain your trust. I thought you should hear it from me. But everything happened so fast, I didn't get the time."

He stopped the car before exiting the facility, "I am not fired, right?"

Pepper looked towards Tony, pressing her lips, "No, you are not."

Jay twisted his body, looking back, smiling, "good, or I would have dropped the both of you here. And I want a raise."

Tony smiled, "yeah? You will be getting a lot of work too."

"Well, I don't mind that," Jay smiled, driving in the night.

The next day wasn't good. Tony had to follow the script, which he didn't like and so."

"Yeah, okay. Yeah, I am Iron Man," These words sent the whole world into chaos.

And the Headquarters of Stark Industry building was at the top of the list when it came to chaos.

It took a month before things settled down, but things changed this month.

Especially for Jay.

The first visible difference was the massive office, which was just one floor below Tony's. An awesome view and all that was left was a sexy secretary.

There was also one other change that surprised him, "what are you doing here?"

Jay clicked a button, and the glass walls and doors on the side of the office became tinted black, stopping anyone from looking inside. The doors became locked, the lights dimmed, with rays of the sun pouring in the room through a clear glass wall on the outside.

"Oh, this is your new office? You did some refurbishing."

"Natasha, why are you here?" Jay crossed his legs, leaning on the chair, narrowing his scarlet eyes.

Natasha walked over to the other side, putting files on top of the table, sitting on it, "Fury gave me the assignment to come over and get close to Tony. To keep an eye on it and evaluate him."

Jay let out a laugh. His laugher only grew, leaning forwards, "Oh, that's rich. Black Widow on desk duty."

He couldn't complete the sentence when he burst out in laughter again, "wow, I am going to cry."

Natasha picked up the folder, patting his forehead, "I keep imagining picking up a pen and pushing it in their heads. Or the ways I would deal with terrorists. I'd rather deal with terrorists than these sexist sons of bitches. At least, I know how to deal with them."

Jay smiled at her, taking her hand in his, "it's good seeing you. But I am afraid to ask, why are you here? Is it to make sure I don't slip and blow your cover in front of Tony?"

Natasha looked away, looking at the view of LA, "believe it or not. I came to see you."

Jay stood up, putting his hand on the desk, with Natasha between them, his face close to hers, "then look me in the eye and tell me."

Natasha looked forward, softly kissing his lips, putting her hands on his upper arms, "yes, I came to see you."

"Why?"

Natasha put her hands around his neck, "why do you think?"

Jay smiled, looking down, "it's always the same with you. Half, manipulative answers, never telling the truth."

Natasha stopped him from turning away, hugging him while she sat on the table, whispering, "Jay, you are not listening to me. I came to see you."

Jay hesitated, looking at her, "you mean?"

Natasha watched him with her seductive green eyes, "I broke protocol for you. What do you think it means?"

46