Chapter 36 – Kill…So I Don’t
813 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Natasha jerked forward, seeing the Destroyer turn abruptly and slapping Thor in the face, "Shit!! Damn, we should have interfered."

She was about to jump off when Jay held her in place, "my heart beating faster."

Natahsa jerked ehr head back, "what?"

Jay narrowed his scarlet eyes, "every fiber of my being is screaming, telling me that something is happening. I want to see."

He just said, hearing Natasha's questions in the background, turning his eyes. His scarlet eyes glowed, watching the Mjolnir tear through the sky, rush towards Thor, "that's..."

He let out a smile, closing his eyes, "so that's what's going on."

Natasha shook him, "elaborate." Her eyes turned following the Mjolnir, reaching Thor, who raised his hand, catching it. Thunder and lighting fell from the sky, covering Thor's body as the storm rose.

Jay opened his eyes, stroking her back, "Odin's motivation. I understand what this is about. Why he chose Earth when he exiled Thor."

Thor's body rose with the storm, forming an armor around, his hair became cleaning, so did his body and beard, blood and wounds disappeared from his face.

He rotated his Mjolnir from the strap, creating a storm around him, around Destroyer.

Destroyer raised its head, firing a beam between the storm when Thor shot down, slamming Mjolnir down in the ground, putting it down for good.

He walked back towards Jane, Darcy, Erik, Sif, Warrior Three.

Jane smiled at him, "So this is how you normally look."

"More or less."

"It's a good look."

Thor turned his eyes to Sif and Warrior Three, "we must head to the location of the Bifront. I must have words with my brother."

"Excuse me, Thor? I don't think you have been honest with me," Coulson walked over with a group of agents.

Thor turned towards him, "know this son of Coul. You and I fight for the same cause. The protection of this world. From this day forward, we are allies. If you return the items that you have taken from Jane."

"Of course, she can continue her research," Coulson nodded with his smiling face.

"Would you like to see the bridge we spoke of?"

"Going so soon?"

Thor turned over, staring at Jay standing over Destroyer, "you! You are supposed to protect people! And you left them!"

Jay looked up, "you think?" He flicked his fingers up, and Tao Mandalas appeared in front of everyone, protecting them, "I just wanted to draw Sir Odin out. You were the only one that I didn't give the protection. But things turned in an interesting direction."

"What if he died?!" Jane angrily looked at him, making Jay chuckle, walking over, "that's an interesting question. Truth be told, I didn't believe for a moment that Thor Odinson could die from something like this. Even if he was a mortal."

Thor took a step back, flattered, "right. Something like this wouldn't kill me."

Jay opened a portal, revealing a frozen Heimdal, "go, Heimdal might not be able to provide you with the path."

"Heimdal!" Sif and the Warrior Three, gasped in surprise, walking through the portal.

Thor hesitated, looking at Jane, "Heimdal is the one that controls the Bifrost. Now that he is frozen-"

Jane nodded, holding his hand, "I understand, next time then."

Heimdal broke through the ice, freeing himself, "I can still serve."

"Hm," Jay exchanged a glace with Heimdal, closing the portal, "Sorry, that was too far even for me. I couldn't keep it open. It's a good thing that Heimdal's free now."

Jay patted Thor's shoulder, walking off, disappearing right in front of them.

Thor glanced in the place Jay last was, "I didn't realize there are such strong people on Earth."

Erik let out a hollow laugh, "don't misunderstand. Other than him..." He hesitated, "who were we talking about?"

Darcy snapped her fingers, "It was! Someone? I can't remember, and I liked him too!"

Coulson hesitantly looked towards them, "you don't remember who you just met?" He remembered it. But when he asked the agents or others, no one remembered it.

He looked towards Thor, "I remember. You?"

"I remember as well. But it seems Sorcerer doesn't want to make his identity known. I must take my leave now."

In Diner,

Jay sat in front of Natasha, looking towards the direction where the only humans in this town were, "do you want to go to Asgard?"

Natasha met his hands at the center of the table, holding them, looking down, "No, you were saying something?"

Jay raised her hand, holding them between his palm, "I don't like killing."

Natasha bit her inner lip, looking towards their hands, "Yeah, I figured that much."

"No, you don't understand. Just because I don't like killing doesn't mean I am a good person. Not that I am not. I actually think I am a good person. I value life. I don't like bullying the weak. I follow some rules and try not to make those around me miserable. I actually like seeing people happy."

He cleared his throat, taking a deep breath, "but I am also not stupid. I understand full well, sometimes killing is the only way. Especially when you want to make sure trouble doesn't come back to you."

Natasha looked up, rubbing her thumb on the back of his hand, "?"

Jay raised his scarlet eyes, peering into her green eyes, "because I don't like killing. I have the tendency to manipulate people into doing my dirty work."

Natasha looked at him, looking down, chuckling, "that's sweet of you."

She stood up, walking over to his side, sitting on his lap, putting her arms around his neck, "you want to say that when you gave me this Nano-Tech. You knew that I will give you back and then take it and then realize that there were Hydra members in SHIELD, and then I will decide to kill them? All that when you gave me this?"

Jay gazed into his eyes, "If I did?"

Natasha narrowed her scarlet eyes, "that's actually a relief."

Jay raised his eyebrow, "excuse me?"

Natasha kissed his lips, laughing, "that's actually a relief. I always felt something was wrong when you trusted me so easily. No one trusts me. Not even Fury. This would be much easier if I knew that Fury would trust me over Alexander Peirce. If you wanted me to kill people next time, just ask."

Jay shrugged, "I like to be subtle about my manipulations. But I'll ask you now. Natasha, will you kill Hydra? So I don't have to?"

Natasha scoffed, putting her forehead on his, "you are the worst. But yeah...I'll do it. For me."

Jay leaned forward, and the two teleported, falling with Natasha's back on the bed.

He was about to kiss her when Natasha put her hand on his chest, "Or, you are just saying you planned all this so that I don't have to take the burden for killings."

Jay lay down beside her, supporting his cheek on his palm, stroking her waist. Not every member of Hydra was brainwashed. Only a few were. But unlike the others, most of the Hydra members had hostility in them. Even towards their own colleagues. It was easy to find out about most of them with that.

But then, there were some that it was hard to find about, like Alexander Pierce and Grant Ward. These two and a few others like them seem near delusional, if not absolutely delusional.

He had to manually change the results of their scan so that they show hostility. He could tell Natasha that, but then, right now wasn't the time for that.

He kissed her neck, "it kinda feels good that you think I can be so nice. I think I am going to let you think that for a little longer."

Natasha slapped his chest, getting on top of him, her thumb brushed against his lip, "Mm, then I will think that a little longer. Btw, I am going to tell Nick about it, the assassinations."

Jay hesitated, raising his body on his elbows, "don't, don't do that. As long as Nick doesn't know anything, he will act naturally enough to fool Pierce for a while."

Natasha furrowed her brows, "but he is bound to become suspicious of me."

"He's a spy. He'll understand when the time comes. But right now isn't the time. At least wait until you clear SHIELD of Hydra?"

Natasha took a deep breath, leaning over him, their lips brushing against each other, "I guess I can wait till then."

20