Chapter 37 – Kill?
827 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What are you watching so intently?" Natasha hugged Jay from behind, seeing him stare at the sky.

If she was standing in front of him, then she would have noticed his scarlet eyes were glowing, "Thor..."

"I know he was handsome, but did you get enthralled by him as well?"

Jay chuckled, closing his eyes, "maybe a little. But no, he destroyed the rainbow bridge. Thor is mostly out of the equation. I was hoping he could stay on Earth..."

Especially when the conversion took place.

Natasha closed her eyes, "I have to go."

"To keep an eye on Banner?"

"Yeah."

"Be careful."

"I will."

Jay closed his eyes, feeling a wave of hair. When he turned around, Natasha was no longer in the room.

He narrowed his eyes, taking out his phone, "Echo, what is going on with Natasha?"

"She is traveling?"

"Not that. Natasha was stronger than before. How is that happening?"

"If I had to guess, then she got hurt during Hulk's scuffle. When Natasha's wounds were healed by nano-bots. Her body was strengthened so that she doesn't suffer from the same damage. It was a program created for you but was never used," Echo answered.

Jay took a deep breath, smiling, "you know what? I am starting to think that I underestimated you."

"That makes me happy."

Jay lay down on the bed, putting his cell beside him, "being underestimated?"

"No, knowing that Sir cares about me enough that I can become your blindspot. It's dangerous if I went rogue."

Jay laughed in the bed, "I don't mind you going rogue. You'd least have the guts to make a body for yourself."

He raised his body when he didn't hear the reply, tapping his finger on the phone, "Echo? Echo?"

Jay smiled, closing his eyes, lying back down. He knew more than anyone else. The only reason Echo didn't create a body was that that would mean she wouldn't be special anymore.

AI's with emotions was always troublesome.

The Next Afternoon,

Jay was standing in Tony's workshop, looking around, but there was no Tony. He dialed Tony's number, waiting for him to pick, "where are you?"

"New York? I am checking out new land, where Stark Tower would stand," Tony seemed to be in a busy area, with voices around him.

Jay glanced behind him, seeing the Destroyer, "are you sure? I have an autonomous alien armor made with one of the rarest metals. You don't want to come over? That's fine."

Jay cut the call, sitting down, leaning back with his legs crossed. He waited for three seconds before a smile appeared on his face. He picked up the video call, seeing Tony stand in an alley, "all right. Let's do this fast. Create a portal for me, and I will check the armor out, and I will be back before Pepper realizes I am even gone."

Jay opened the portal in front of Stark, who rushed over, seeing the massive Destroyer sprawled on the floor of his workshop.

Tony rushed over, kneeling beside the armor, touching it, "wow, this is...not what I expected. It doesn't have any weapons, and it's far too heavy for anyone to wear. Unless the other party is a giant."

"It's controlled. No possessed across a long distance might be a better wording for it. Also, it fires powerful beams, much more than your lasers. It can also be enchanted through magic and is highly durable. I was thinking about created nono-tech from this metal. I thought you could use some to work on Mark 37, The Bleeding Edge Armor?"

Tony doubtfully looked at the Destroyer, "I have to think about that. Let me see what is special about this first."

"Sure, I am upstairs for when you are done. Also, SHIELD might want that, so they might come to you. Work fast."

"Oh, I am telling Pepper that you seduced me. Not my fault," Tony said, preparing to ready the workshop for work.

Jay chuckled, walking up the stairs, messaging Pepper that Tony forced him to open the portal because he got tired of working, "Sure. Do that."

He sat down in the living room, "Aren't you going to help him? Sir?"

"I don't think he needs my help. It will only confuse him. Moreover, my time of tinkering with things has long passed. I am old," Jay opened the TV, changing channels.

"You have only lived for 17,329 years with the years of all worlds combined. Your last memory reset happened this lives twenty years ago. You should be still young."

"Eh, the memory reset doesn't work when you feed me all the knowledge of things that I have done, people I met, and enemies that I fought. I'd rather not have all that and live an oblivious life," Jay smiled softly, whispering.

"It was done with keeping in mind that such circumstances may arise. It has always been a good decision."

Jay leaned back, "yeah, yeah. I get all that."

"I still don't like you making Natasha do the assassination."

Jay hesitated, looking down, "Yeah, I don't like it either, but I am worried. I might go soft on them. I might not kill them. I might just erase their memories or give them a new one. I don't know. There are a hundred other ways to take Hydra apart without killing them."

"There are variables."

"Convergence. Who knows what might come from it. Someone that could reverse what I have done, without even me knowing. Death is a more permanent solution."

"I still think you should stop her. If you let her do this...she will never be more than an assassin. You will lose her."

Jay leaned forward, closing his eyes, "you know, Echo. I used to like you when you stayed quiet."

"You love me now?"

"No, I don't like you," Jay closed his eyes, "I have to kill...don't I?"

"You don't have to kill all of them. You can do what you have done before. Use Avengers. I have what you might need that to push them in that direction. Fighting alongside Avengers to stop Hydra would be better for Natasha too."

Jay scratched his cheeks, smiling, "You know, I am starting to think you like her more than me."

"I don't want you to repeat the mistakes that you already have."

"Echo..."

"I know you want to thank me. But don't. This is why I am here. For you, Sir."

"Thank you," Jay closed his eyes, "find me that video."

"Gladly, Sir."

"I don't know if it's just me, or your Sir is getting more and more sarcastic."

"You are imagining it, Sir."

Jay lay down on the sofa, closing his eyes, "that one was sarcastic for sure."

At Night,

Jay woke up, hearing his cell ring, "Natasha?"

"I need your help! Bronsky injected himself with Hulk's blood. Moreover, there is another one whose head started to grow because a drop of Bruce's blood fell in through a wound. I can't deal with Bronsky, evacuate the citizens, destroy the materials, and stop that Dr. Stern from running away!"

Jay shrugged, "Show me where, and I'll be there. Oh, that rhymed."

Jay's stood up, his clothes changing in between. He stepped inside a portal wearing a long coat with a standing collar and hood on his head.

When he came out, he was in Harlem, with the fire burning, cars turned upside down. But the good thing was he smelled very little blood.

His eyes turned towards the side, seeing Abomination, larger than Hulk, with his spine protruding. 

On the other side was Hulk, climbing out of a hole. Both of them ignored him, running towards each other, with him in the way.

Natasha appeared beside him, breathing heavily, "those two are in love with each other. We shouldn't get in the way."

Jay had a half-smile on the attractive lips that were visible through the hood, "Yeah...Go. This isn't a fair fight."

Natasha nodded, "Yeah, let them fight it out while we evacuate."

She bent, jumping in the sky, landing on the roof's ledge of the nearby building. She looked towards the side, expecting Jay to be there. But he wasn't. Her eyes turned towards the streets, seeing Jay stand between Abomination and Hulk, the two about to punch.

She was about to move when his voice filled the streets, "this isn't a fair fight for them."

He raised his hands, his fingers touching the body of both Hulk and Abomination, and the two fell down on the ground, lifeless.

He telekinetically lifted their bodies when the fire around them came to life, moving towards the opposite roof, coming together, forming a body.

Body of a young man, wearing a three-piece pinstripe suit, orange eyes, and blonde hair. He shifted his eyes towards Jay, "can you not take them? I need to kill them."

"Primo..." Natasha jumped, landing beside Jay, staring at Primo.

A helicopter landed beside them, and Theodore Ross rushed out of the Helicopter, "Stop, that is the property of the Military!"

Natasha groaned, calling Nick, "this is going to be trouble."

17