Chapter 45 – Ring of One
714 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tony was happily lying in his bed after he decided to have the operation and get those shrapnels removed. Now, without the Arc Reactor on his chest and without the fear of dying. He had the best sleep.

Best of all, Pepper decided to take a break and spend some time with him.

But, the happy piece time didn't last long because right now. The whole house was shaking, thunder was rumbling, rain, snow, and hail were falling, "are we being attacked? What happened?"

"Sir, we are not being attacked. This is a magical phenomenon, and it's being caused by Mr. Jay's magical powers, which are running rampant while he is trying to create a weapon."

Pepper sat up, "what? Then why is it happening here?"

"Because Mr. Jay is creating this weapon in the workshop."

Tony sat up, taking a robe from the ground, "what the hell. He could have asked or warned."

Pepper held the front of her sleeping gown tightly, "I am coming too."

When the two of them reached the workshop, their eyes fell on Jay, with scarlet energy gushing out of his hand, red lighting flashing in the workshop.

All the while, he tried to hold a liquified metal at the center of the scarlet sphere.

"Don't come near," His strained voice rang in the ears of Tony and Pepper, who stopped.

In Vanaheim,

"Haaaa!!" Thor was leading his Asgardian army, clashing against Marauders, to liberate Vanaheim from their oppression. This was the start of today's battle when Thor threw Mjolnir towards his enemy.

The plan was to hit the enemy in the face, electrocute them, bring Mjolnir back, and land a heavy blow.

When sharp noise entered his ear, it was sharp yet soft, like in the background, and orange sparks appeared in the battlefield, opening a portal.

A hand came out of the portal, catching Mjolnir, "I need this for a moment."

Thor came to a stop, and so did his army that was running behind him. Even the army comming towards them stopped, making Thor look at his hand, "what just happened?"

"Thor doesn't have Mjolnir!! Attack now!!!" The commander of the opposing army rushed towards them. But before Thor's army could even get ready, the other army collided against something, falling back.

There was a light's reflection like the space had turned into numerous glasses. Coming together to make a wall.

Thor cautiously walked over, touching it, "the war is on hold?"

Marauders didn't like it, as they punched the mirror wall over and over again. But their strength only got reflected back at them, making Thor point at them and laugh.

Tony's workshop,

"Is that?" Pepper curiously looked at the hammer in Jay's hand.

"Jarvis?"

"Sir, that seems to be Thor's hammer, Mjolnir."

"Oh, wow!" Tony his hand over his face, thunder and lighting fell from the sky, tearing his house apart, falling on the liquified Uru metal.

With the sound of metals colliding, blue thunder and lighting formed a pillar, hiding Jay and the ring from the view.

But the rhythmic sound of metal colliding kept coming.

It continued, making Tony turn around, "this might go on for a while. Do you want some breakfast?"

Pepper turned towards him, "Huh? Yeah... ok? Should we even stay here?"

"Yeah, I should get Mark 37 just in case. Come on."

But with the next clang, the blue pillar of lightning cleared. There was a silver ring floating in front of Jay. Even so, it didn't look like he was planning to stop.

Vanaheim,

Thor, Hogun, Sif, Volstagg were sitting, with most of their army sitting, laughing, when a portal opened, stopping Mjolnir on Thor's head, "thank you."

Thor held his head with one hand. Mjolnir with the other when a crack appeared on the Mirror Wall.

He jumped on his feet, raising Mjolnir, "For the Nine Realms!!!"

"For the Nine Realms!!!"

Hank Pym's Secret Lab,

A portal opened inside the lab, and a hand came out, taking the triskelion-shaped shuriken with blue light.

Hank Pym, who was ordering the ants to make tea when he looked back, noticing a few orange sparks dropping on his table, disappearing.

Tony's workshop,

Jay took the shuriken, holding the silver ring with scarlet energy, flying through the hole that the lightning created.

Tony stopped for a moment, running up the stairs, "what the hell he is doing now!"

Pepper followed after him, reaching the glass partition at the end of the living room, with the view of the ocean. He saw Jay float in front of the ocean, taking back the scarlet energy.

The ring still floated in the air when Jay threw something at the ring, causing it to become huger, larger than his mansion.

Jay stood in front of the ring. Numerous hands and heads appeared from his body as more and more of him started walking out.

They used daggers made of scarlet energy to carve runes like symbols on the ring. On the outside, inside of the ring.

Pepper looked at the mansion-sized ring, "how did he do that?"

"Pym Particles," Tony screwed his eyebrows, staring at the ring curiously, "Jarvis, what are those symbols for? Search for them?"

"No need. I have been updated. I have this information," Jarvis said.

"Updated, who updated you?"

"Mr. Jay. He updated me with the information on Magic. So that I could help him."

"Did you?" Pepper looked up, even though Jarvis wasn't up.

"...No."

"Figured," Tony said, "what are these symbols for?"

"I don't know."

Tony staggered, "you just said you got updated!"

"Yes. But I can't seem to see it, the symbols. If Sir can tell what the symbol looks like, then I will be able to tell you."

Tony looked towards the ring, focusing on one symbol, "it's like...Y...no Z. No Z with a diagonal cross, no...a pentagon? I don't know. These things keep changing. Is something wrong with my eyes?"

"No, now that I am trying to understand. I can't either?" Pepper held Tony's arms.

"That is because you are trying to peek at something you don't understand."

"Woah!!"

"Yeeep!"

Tony and Pepper both jumped in fright, turning their hands, seeing a bald woman float, wearing a yellow-gold robe and black shoes.

There was a kind smile on her lips as she watched Jay work, floating beside them.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my house?"

"People call me Ancient One. As for what I am doing here? I am seeing my student create a mystical relic. It doesn't happen every day that a mystical relic is created. Especially one this strong. This is a good vantage point."

"Ancient One? Your name is Ancient One?" Tony turned towards Pepper, "her name is Ancient One."

Pepper patted his hand, "I know. I heard." She leaned forward, curiously looked at Ancient One, "you are a Witch?"

Ancient One looked towards her with a smile, "No. Witches are different - I am a Sorcerer. Sorcerer Supreme. I lead all the other Sorcerer."

Tony pointed towards Jay in the distance, "him too?"

"No. Jay left. In many ways, he didn't belong there. Magic was just a means to an end."

Pepper furrowed her brows, "and you are fine with that?"

"Yes," Ancient One smiled softly, "when he came to me. He said he needed to learn Magic to defeat someone. And that was the only reason why he came to me. It was my choice to teach him."

Tony pointed at himself, "can you...teach me? Like turning my hands and making a portal?"

Ancient One glanced towards him, "Anthony Edward Tony Stark. You might be surprised to hear this. But in the multiverse, there is a reality in which you became the Sorcerer Supreme."

"So you can teach me?"

"No. To learn Magic, you must forget the universe, how you know it, understand it. I doubt you of now could do that. Maybe in the future?"

Suddenly, the ring in front of them disappeared, and Jay appeared behind them, holding a silver ring between his fingers, "Master. You are here."

Ancient One turned back, "Master Jay. What will you name it?"

Jay looked at the silver ring, with glowing runes, "Ring of One."

Ancient One drew near him, taking the ring from his hand, watching it closely, "that's a fitting name."

She raised his right hand, putting the ring on his middle finger, "that is where you want it, right?"

"You know me so well."

"Have you prepared?"

"It's a work in process."

"Good, if you need any help, then just ask. This Earth is depending on you."

"I know."

Ancient One opened the portal, leaving.

Tony walked forward, "what was that?"

Jay looked at him, "the talk?"

"No, that? You destroyed my mansion!"

Jay scratched his cheek, "this was...inspiration."

Pepper let out a sigh, "your inspiration is noisy, damaging, and frankly costly."

Jay chuckled. The ring on his hand glowed, and scarlet energy burst out of his body, covering the whole mansion. It was like everything was being rewritten to how it was before. As if nothing has been damaged, "my inspiration is also useful and frankly amazing."

Tony rubbed his hands, "teach me. I don't believe it that I can't learn Magic."

"Yeah...I am not sure about that. I don't think that's a good idea."

Tony raised his eyebrows, looking at Jay with a challenging look, "what? Are you scared that I will become Sorcerer Supreme? Rather than you?."

Jay patted his shoulder, "No. Because it's a field of knowledge. Magic has a language of its own, like programming, coding. Knowing you, you will get so into it that you won't have time for other things. Pepper is one good thing that has happened to you. I don't want to be the reason to spoil that."

"Thank you," Pepper gratefully said to Jay, shooting a look towards Tony, who raised his hands, "Ok. Ok. No Magic."

19