Chapter 47 – 0-8-4
668 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Sale!!! So, there are about three months' worth of chapters on my Patre*n, divided between two tiers. But next month I might be dividing them into three tiers. So, you can read more at half the price, this month! See you on my Patre-on! The Link is in the synopsis!)

Jay was sitting in a small office room, on a comfy brown leather chair, a smooth brown table with a lamp. Most of the shelves were empty, and there wasn't much else in the room. Probably left for him to decorate, there was a wooden chair and a black leather recliner on the other side of the table.

While he thought about what to do with this room. The door opened, and Coulson walked in, pushing Skye inside the room. Her arms were tied behind her back.

Jay shifted his scarlet eyes up, watching Skye, "we meet again."

Skye sat down on the wooden chair, glaring at him, "what do you want from me! I already said no!"

Jay pressed his lips with a troubled expression, "not really. You didn't say yes and no. Also, now and then are different. Then I was just suggesting. Now you need it. Or, you can go to jail. Coulson, what would be her conviction?"

"For ten years, to say the least."

Jay let out a breath, "ten years of young life. I can't even imagine staying in prison for one night."

"It's not exactly a five-star hotel," Coulson sat down smiling.

Skye let out a smile, "let's not do that. What do you want me to do? Hack something?"

"Maybe, sometimes. But Skye, this is more about you. I have a particular interest in you because of who you are. And in some ways, your existence is a motivation behind this team."

Coulson's smiling face twitched, his eyes became solemn, "how is she related to this."

Skye nodded, "I have nothing to with this."

"In 1988 China, Hunan Province. A small village was mysteriously massacred. SHIELD sent a team to that area to find out what happened. There, the team found a 0-8-4."

"0-8-4?" Skye blankly looked at him, making Coulson fill her in.

"0-8-4 is a code for objects of unknown origins."

Jay glanced at the two, "there, the team found a 0-8-4, in the arms of a dead agent, covered in blood."

He pointed at Skye, "that 0-8-4 was you."

"Me?" Skye widened her eyes.

"Her? 0-8-4 was a baby girl?"

"Yes and yes. Once the team took the baby and came back to the USA. But something happened. Someone started assassinating their team members. For the safety of the baby, Agent Avery put her in Saint Agnes Orphanage. And initiated a program where the child would be sent from one foster home to the other to protect her."

Skye looked down, her skin around her mouth twitched, her closed eyelashes fluttering, her fist trembling, tears dripping from her eyes. She spoke in a breaking voice, "release my hands."

Jay looked towards Coulson, nodded his head, throwing a file in front of her, "to protect you. Most of the files on this matter were deleted. This is the only thing that I found. It has everything that I told you in detail. Coulson will show you your room. We can talk when your mind is more clear."

Skye stood up as Coulson removed her cuffs. She took the file, holding it in her embrace, waiting for Coulson.

Just as they were about to leave, Jay's intercom rang, "wait a second." He picked up the call, "what is it?"

"There has been a Captain America sighting."

"What are the chances that it is genuine?"

"100%."

"All right, set Bus on the Auto-Pilot. We are going there."

"Yes, Sir."

Jay stood up, "sorry, Skye. You might not be getting that time out. Coulson, I want everyone in the briefing room."

Coulson nodded, guiding Skye towards the briefing room. As Jay asked Echo, "where is Monica Rambeau?"

"She is already on the Bus, waiting to meet you. Sir."

"Call her to the briefing room."

Shortly, In the Briefing Room,

Jay used the holo table to show Primo, Captain America, and Ghost's images, "in the past one month. These three have attacked ten SHIELD facilities, slaughtered many agents, wiped out memory from even more of them. Although because of that, we have no proof that it's them. Possibly they are not the ones doing this, but they are fighting the ones that are. We need to capture any one of them and ask them what is going on. Again, this is a capture, not kill mission."

Skye raised her hand, "how is Captain America even alive?" She wasn't the only one that had this question in her mind.

Coulson cleared his throat, attracting the curious eyes of Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons, Grant Ward, Melinda May, Skye, and Monica's. He smiled at them, "a few years back out scientists, figured out that there was a chance that Captain America might be alive. Even since then, SHIELD has been trying to dig through ice in Greenland to find Captain America. Howard Stark attempted it before, but he didn't have the types of equipment available to us. Two months ago, Jay gave us even more advanced equipment. We were able to find Captain America, even awaken him."

Monica tilted her head, "then why is Captain destroying SHIELD facilities?"

"He was kidnapped by Ghost," Jay explained, "her name is Ava Starr." He brought the picture of Ava, "her father was conducting an experiment, which went haywire and killed him and his wife. It also put her in a state of quantum displacement, which caused her continuous pain. SHIELD created a suit for her, so she could control her powers and lessen the pain. But I knew she wanted to be cured. When I met her, I tried to help her. When I failed, I asked Primo for help. And that was the last I saw of her. Till now."

Melinda narrowed her eyes, "this isn't the first time that Primo has took someone. We still don't know where he keeps them."

Grant scoffed, "so this is your fault? Giving someone like Ghost to Primo?"

"Technically, she is a person, and I can't give her to anyone. That was a poor choice of words on my part. I introduced her to Primo because I saw her in pain. Every molecule in her body tore apart and stitched itself back. I really don't have the stomach to have something like that on my conscience."

Simmons rubbed her arms, "sheesh, just the thought of that makes my hair stand."

Leo nervously looked at Jay, "I don't mean any disrespect, but that's Captain America. No matter what the case, how are we going to fight him."

Jay pointed his thumb towards Monica, "for that, we have her. Monica Rambeau, a.k.a Spectrum. She is an Enhanced. Grant and Melinda will be her backup. This team is created for missions like this to deal with the Enhanced individuals. Coulson is the field commander, Monica, Melinda, and Grant is the muscles. I, Fitz, and Simmons are the brains."

"What am I?" Skye raised her hand, trying to keep a smile on her face.

"You? Mm, potential recruit? It depends on your performance."

"Sir, we are here," Echo's voice resounded in the briefing room.

"Deploy the drones, show me visuals."

"Is that an AI?" Fitz's eyes shined, hearing the voice.

"Yes. Echo is true artificial intelligence. If you need anything, you can ask her," Jay smiled.

He shifted towards the LED screen behind them, seeing the direct feed from the drone.

Steve Rogers was sitting in an outdoor cafe, drinking coffee and reading a magazine, wearing civilian clothes.

Grant walked over, standing beside Monica, "it's a trap?"

Monica narrowed her eyes, "maybe. Captain America is not one to be arrogant enough to think that we won't find him. Even if there is a chance, he doesn't know of the things we have now. We haven't been able to find Primo or Ghost."

"Maybe he wants to meet us? To share information?" Melida suggested.

Coulson looked towards Jay, who nodded, giving the permission, "I will make contact. Agent Monica will come with me, with Agent Ward and Agent May backing me us from a distance."

Jay closed his eyes for a moment, "remember two things. No matter what happens, you will not fight with civilians around. I'll be watching and giving orders from here. Go."

"Wait, aren't we like in the air? How are they going to get down?" Skye curiously looked at them, making Coulson smile, "you'll see."

In Cango Bay,

Melinda followed behind Coulson, with Monica and Grant, "Coulson, how are we going?"

Coulson pointed towards a cherry red Chevrolet corvette, "we are going to take Lola."

Grant frowned, "you aren't serious?"

Coulson smiled, jumping into the driver seat, turning on the systems. Its wheels turned as it floated in the air, "get in. It has all new cloaking systems. No one would know that we flew, not drove."

Monica sat down in the front seat, "since when did SHIELD started getting all the cool gadgets."

"Trust me, not everyone has this."

In Briefing Room,

Jay brought a chair as they looked at the picture of Lola, removing cloaking on the side of the road.

Coulson and Monica walked out while Melinda and Grant stayed behind to watch.

"Is that cloaking tech?" Fitz pointed towards Lola in disbelieve.

"Yes, Tony created it for his own Stealth Suit. I installed it in Lola."

16