Chapter 48 – He Is Alive…
680 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Steve Rogers woke up after 70 years of sleep, and he didn't even have the time to adjust to the new time before he was thrown in the battle.

But he didn't mind that as a soldier. He was used to studying and understanding new terrains. This instead made it easier for him to grow used to the new environments. More than that, he was needed even after 70 years, and his best friend was out there.

Even so, it was good coming out and relax even if agents were coming to meet him.

"Excuse me, do you mind if I sit here?"

Steve raised his head, looking at Coulson politely asking to sit. With that face and smile, if Steve didn't know that Coulson was an agent. He wouldn't even doubt it, "I don't."

Steve turned his eyes towards the magazine. No matter what he read, it had something new that he didn't know about before.

"If you don't mind me saying. You look like someone I know," Coulson curiously looked at Steve.

"And you look like Phillip J. Coulson. Fury's right-hand man, an agent of SHIELD," Steven nonchalantly said, turning the page of the magazine.

Coulson faltered for a moment, "you know about me?"

"I read a report on you and every last agent of SHIELD. Do you think I will attack a SHIELD facility without knowing who my enemies are?"

A momentary frown appeared on Coulson's face, "Captain, I am a big fan of you. And I have the utmost respect for you. That is why I want to know, why are you doing this?"

Steve put down the magazine, "I am a soldier, Agent Coulson. I am following orders."

Monica stepped forward, "forgive me for interrupting. But I know even if you are a soldier, you wouldn't follow an order that you didn't believe was right."

Steve shook his head, standing up, "I have nothing to say to you."

He walked off, making Monica follow after him, "please, too many lives have been lost already. If this continues, then we would have to brand you as criminals."

Steve glanced towards her, "from what I heard from Primo. You can't do that. People think Primo is a God. Do you want to tell them that God is destroying a government facility that people didn't know about? No matter what words you use. There will be many people who will try to dig into SHIELDs secrets. To find out why a God would attack that facility. You do that, you will have more trouble than you bargained for."

Monica furrowed her brow in annoyance, "at least tell me why? You know we grew up hearing your stories, reading them. I admired you like most other people of our age. No, more than them. You were the force of justice! Why would you want to create disorder?"

Steve didn't reply, turning to the corner, and Monica turned with him when she felt him slip something in the palm on her hand.

She hesitated for a moment, and Steve started running away, "wait!!" She ran after him, watching him turn another corner.

She turned, but Steve wasn't there anymore, as if he vanished.

Coulson, Melinda, and Grant soon reached her, "where is he?"

Monica shook her head, "I don't know."

She clasped the flash drive in her palm, "but I think I got something from him. Captain America might not be working willingly for those people. But he can't refuse them either. I'll go first and report to...Jay? Right, what should I call him?"

"Boss? Captain? Sir? What do you call him?"

Coulson hesitated, "I call him Jay. But then, it's also true now that he is the leader of this team I might have to call him Boss, or something else."

Monica waved her hand, becoming invisible, flying off, "I'll just go with Boss then."

Melinda felt something fly off, "right superpowers. There are a lot of those these days."

Coulson shrugged, "well, the world is changing."

In Bus,

Fitz scanned the video from drones, taking screenshots, expanding them, revealing a flash drive that Steve passed to Monica, "Skye, what do you think is in that flash drive?"

Skye was lost in thought, silently sitting in the corner, reading the file, when she heard Jay ask her, "me? Um...I don't know the information? The reason why Captain would do this."

Jay shifted his eyes towards Leo Fitz's and Simmons, "and? What do you two think?"

"It could be that Captain went undercover? After all, Primo has been an enemy of SHIELD for the past two decades," Simmons guessed.

Leo shook his head, "but Captain just woke up. It couldn't be that."

"Why don't you look and find out?" Monica turned visible, searching the holo table, to put flash drive.

Once she attached it, a hologram appeared, showing the files, "there are only two."

She opened the file, revealing the picture of a man with long black hair and a face mask. His right hand was an advanced prosthetic. The other was a picture of the same man without a mask.

Jay leaned on his chair, "Echo, search for this man's Id."

By the time Coulson, Grant Ward, and Melinda May returned. There was silence in the briefing room.

"What happened?" Coulson looked around before his eyes fell on the screen, "Sergent Barnes." As a Captain America fanatic, there was no way Coulson didn't recognize Sergern Barnes. Even though he was a bit different in this picture.

"Is alive," Jay leaned on his chair, staring at it, "someone has Sergent Barnes. According to Fitz's theory. SHIELD might have it, and that is why Captain America is attacking SHIELD. But Simmons thinks if that was so, Captain wouldn't have drawn us out. That means someone else had Bucy and is forcing Captain to go along. What do you think? Coulson?"

Coulson was still shaken as his eyes remained transfixed on Sergeant Barnes's picture, "that it makes sense. Sergeant Barnes was Captain's best friend and the only casualty in Howling Commandos. After 70 years, and with most of the people who he knew him dead. It makes sense that he is trying to hold onto that one connection in the world."

Jay closed his eyes, pressing his lips, "yeah. Skye, Fitz, Simmons, scour the internet for me. I need you to find out everything you can about Sergent Barnes. If he ever appeared, if he lives somewhere, had his photo taken. Or there is even a legend in which he might be a side character. I want to know. If we want to stop Primo? This is where we start."

"Yes, sir!"

"Yes, sir?" Skye awkwardly said after Fitz and Simmons's prompt response.

"Monica, Grant, Melinda, the three of you should focus on sparring. Grant and Melinda need to get used to fighting against someone with powers. While Monica needs to get used to fighting against people with skills and techniques, Captain or maybe even Sergent Barnes wouldn't be easy to take down. If he survived till now, then he has super-soldier serum in his vein. That is the only thing that could have kept him alive through cryogenesis. Also, clothes, suits, weapons, or anything else you want. Ask me, I'll make it for you."

Coulson pointed at himself, "Me? What do I do?"

Jay smiled at him, "supervise."

Coulson sighed, "and what will you do?"

"Run a billion-dollar company that is providing money for this mission?"

Coulson shrugged his mouth, "touche."

Jay stood up, "I have another meeting, so get to work. If you find anything, inform me. I'll be in my room. Dismissed."

He walked out of the briefing room, moving towards his room. Even though he could teleport back home, but unless necessary. He planned to stay here for a month or two.

The moment he walked in the room, someone dropped from the roof, wrapping their slender arm around his neck, putting him in a chokehold. A seductive husky voice tickled his ear, "you are full of opening."

Suddenly, Jay turned into mist, dissolving in the air like he was an illusion. When the woman tried to back away, she struck against his body, with his arm wrapped around her neck, "maybe not."

Jay turned, pushing her against the door. His hands traced her body, moving from her shoulders to her palm. He breathed in her scent, her dark red hair brushed against his face, "you failed, Natasha. How about a little punishment for that?"

Natasha glanced towards him with a corner of her eye, with her face pressed against the wall. There was a challenging smile on her lips and eyes, "Oh, how will you punish me? Will you tear down my clothes, forcefully spread my legs, and shove that massive cock of yours in me? Will you fuck me till I beg for mercy? Till I can't think anymore? Until you are the only thing on my mind?"

Jay leaned forward, his lips brushing against her soft cheeks, his cock hardening inside his pants, staring at the weak look in her eyes, "Maybe."

He softly kissed her cheeks, "or maybe. I will do none of that and leave you like this."

Natasha turned on the door, her hands traced her body, grinning with dazzling confidence, "really? I want to see if you can hold yourself back from this."

21