3 – The Transmigrator Shop – Part 1
4.4k 22 132
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Glad people are enjoying the story as much as I am enjoying writing it! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter as well!

Congratulations to GreenerThanGreen for the winning comment last chapter! Looks like we are doing a hiding powers arc. =)

3 – The Transmigrator Shop - Part 1

I ponder over my situation for a while longer, but, ultimately, sigh and give up. If I want to do anything, I need to know what is in my Transmigrator Shop. That way I can plan for the future.

I really don't want to waste my once-a-month access, but, realistically speaking, I can wait on starting whatever plan I concoct for 1 month. Patience has always been a strong suit of mine. Slow and steady and all that. 

With that in mind, I am faced with 2 new problems:

  1. How do I enter the Transmigrator Shop?
  2. Where the hell was the 2000 Duel Points I was supposed to be given!?!

As soon as I thought of them, they were answered in my mind. 

'Ok, this is convenient. Not having to guess about a ton of stuff will make my life much easier.' I think as I pull my wallet open again and grab a dull metallic card with some sort of chip on one end from within.

It looked like a modern debit card with a microchip, but it is a muted silver color and the only information on the card was my new name and a string of 28 numbers pressed into the surface of the metallic card. Notably missing was the magnetic strip to swipe the card.

Duel Point Cards function like a refillable debit card. Anywhere that you spend Duel Points or Earn Duel points, you scan the microchip and enter a pin. Then, whoever is processing the transaction would get an information packet with the user's name, photo, and any relevant information of status - Such as "Son of X CEO" or "Champion Of X Tournament" - to their reader device and confirm or deny the transaction. Duel Point Cards also serve as a duelist identification and resume.

Since Duel Points were guaranteed by the United Nations, you would have to be a complete idiot to try and forge or hack a card. That being said, it still does happen, and, when they are found, they are usually thrown into jail for 30 years and all their Duel Points, fake or otherwise, are seized by the UN.

It is not uncommon for their cards to be taken as well. If they do not have any family or loved ones to claim their cards, then the UN confiscates them and sells the cards to further fund the Duel Points market. In fact, many criminals find their decks taken from them and sold off. It is a very good incentive not to be a criminal.

There are several rumors that the UN doesn't sell ALL of the cards they confiscate and take some under the table for themselves, though nothing has been confirmed and it is all speculation for now. It would honestly not surprise me if that is the case. I just need to be sure that I don't break any laws. 

The identification part of Duel Point Cards would seem to put a damper on one of my ideas of staying as a hidden duelist, but, in actuality, as long as you go through the proper channels to create a Duel Points Card legally, you do not have to use your actual identity. 

Many duelists use alter egos, different personas, or masks when they duel in public events or tournaments. It is a common, almost cliche, theme, and having a catchy name or iconic look can even earn you sponsorships from companies as you rise to fame. 

Celebrities and the rich are the ones who use this the most, as they usually want to separate their personas from their actual jobs or lives. 

Anyway, now that I have the Duel Point Card in hand, I say aloud, "Open The Transmigrator Shop!"

Speaking it is unnecessary, but I thought I would do it just this once while striking a cool anime-esk pose. 

...Don't you judge me. I have been through some shit in the last few hours, okay? 

A new screen pops up as I bury my face in my hands, blushing in embarrassment and shame. 

Welcome To The Transmigrator Shop!

Congratulations!

Since this is the first time you are accessing the shop, you will be allowed to do so for free, ignoring the once-a-month restriction. 

Additionally, you may choose 1 of the following new transmigrator rewards:

- Shadow Games For Newbs- MSRP 2000 Duel Points

- 1 Structure Deck (From Available Lists) - MSRP 6000 Duel Points

- Waypoint Obelisks x10 - MSRP 1000 Duel Points Per Item

'Okay...what?...' I stare at the reward options in confusion, but then I register the first sentence and start cursing up a storm.

"Fucking shit! I waisted a free use! Dammit! Why wasn't I told that beforehand!?! I would have spent the next few weeks grinding for more Duel Points before opening it if I knew..."

I had no idea what would happen in the following days, but having a freebee to the shop when I was in a bad situation could make all the difference...  

'Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now.' I think with a sigh.

I needed to know what was contained within the shop, and it looks like I am being rewarded anyway, so not too big of a loss. 

Staring at the options, I find I can get their full details if I focus on them. 

Reward Name: Shadow Games For Newbs

Class: Spellbook

Cost: ***Free - One Time Reward - MSRP 2000 Duel Points

Description:

Yu-Gi-Oh! is filled with a bunch of people who can use shadow magic to force others into contests with severe penalties on the line. One can lose their soul, their life, their friends, their cards, and many, many more!

You do not have this ability, and random, no-name-side characters do! See the problem?

This Spellbook will teach you the ins and outs of Shadow Games, how to enter or leave one, ways to protect your mind from the Shadow Realm, and how to cast this most basic of Shadow Magic Spells!

Reward Name: 1 Structure Deck (From Available Lists)

Class: Starter Deck

Cost: ***Free - One Time Reward - MSRP 6000 Duel Points

Description:

You may choose one of the following decks as a free reward: 

Starter Deck: YugiStarter Deck: Kaiba | Starter Deck: Joey (Pre-Order) | Starter Deck: Pegasus (Pre-Order)

Note: Starter Deck: Joey & Starter Deck: Pegasus will be released in the next few months ( Transmigrator Shop Only) 

We are just waiting on Pegasus to stop staring creepily at that painting of his and actually finish the cards.

Reward Name: Waypoint Obelisks x10

Class: Shadow Magic Item

Cost: ***Free - One Time Reward - MSRP 1000 Duel Points Per Item

Description:

Allows a user to set an Obelisk at a location and use the matching one for instant teleportation back to that location. These are single-use items.

Instructions: Set one Waypoint Obelisk somewhere using a drop of blood. Use the matching one to teleport to that location at will. To others, it will look as if you simply faded into shadows and disappeared. Both will be destroyed after their use.

If you like this product, please consider our matching Waypoint Obelisk (Permanent) for 5000 Duel Points!

Huh. 

These are gonna require a bit of thought. Each is objectively good in its own way.

The spellbook would allow me to start learning Shadow Magic - something I didn't even think was possible without a Millenium Item. Thinking back through the anime, however, I do remember a lot of nobodies using it too. I guess it is more common than I originally thought? Either way, learning magic, even basic magic, sounded pretty dope. Not to mention being able to deal with the Shadow Realm during a Shadow Duel might be a life or death requirement. 

The starter deck, especially the pre-orders, was hard to pass up. The fact that a Starter Deck was 6000 Duel Points meant that it would be difficult to get a lot of them, at least for the current me. That was the average household income for a year! Being able to get another Yugi deck would complement the cards I already had. Getting a Kaiba deck would allow me to start working towards 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons and the spell and monster support for that - eat your heart out Kaiba! The Joey deck was probably the least interesting, but there were still a lot of good cards inside that would synergize well with what I had in mind for my first deck. Finally, being able to beat Pegasus at his own game would be amazingly satisfying. Imagine him seeing me with a BETTER toon deck than him...

The last items were the Waypoint Obelisks. They sounded like great "Oh Shit! - Gotta Go!" items. If things go wrong, I get caught, or I just need to make a quick escape, these could be invaluable. At a price point of 1000 Duel Points each, it will be a while before I can stock up on many... Not to mention that was the most expensive item set that was offered. It was worth considering. 

I will need to think more about this and decide after careful consideration. 

Either way, I have made a decision on how I want to proceed.

Seeing that Shadow Magic is 100% a thing, I need to be able to deal with it. The thought of me being known, even just by a few people, as having access to Shadow Magic or any of the items in the shop was not something I was comfortable with. 

Again, what is to stop someone from hunting me down for these abilities? 

No. I was gonna go the Mob route, for sure. Even if it was a cliche, it has the best chance of saving my life. 

I decided to take inspiration from one of my favorite mangas from my old life: The Eminence in Shadow. That is the life I want to try and live. Normal by day, master duelist by night.

Leading a normal, boring, mob life for everyone to see and then conquering the dueling world from the shadows in a disguise.

"Who is this mysterious person? How can they have such cards! What is their backing? Can I afford to offend them?"

These were the questions my opponents and enemies will ask themselves...Just thinking about letting my inner Chuuni out had me grinning so much it hurt. 

If I can find some trustworthy friends or companions to bring with me, then great, but if not, I will just have to rule the world on my own. Oh, what an exciting life I will live...Mwahahahaha

*Ahem*

Game plan time. I will disguise myself, get a new Duel Points Card, go to local tournaments and try to get into regional qualifiers all so I can get an invite to Duelist Kingdom. There, I will be crowned King of Games and maybe even win a Millenium Item. With more power and prestige, I should be able to secure my safety, ensure my continuous victories, and find information about my dad and the Shadow Realm so I can eventually leave this place. 

The best part is, I have already decided on my new persona.

I will be Anubis.

Like the Egyptian God of Death and Judgment, I will bring the end to my opponents and judge them unworthy of my time!

...Okay, we are still work-shopping this, but I think it would be cool. I could make some sort of golden jackal mask and otherwise dress in black. Maybe a trench coat. Trench coats are cool, right? A mysterious person in black and gold? How could that not be a great idea!?!

Thanks for reading!

Please vote in the poll below to choose one of the 3 Rewards from the Transmigrator Shop.

Also, please leave a comment and let me know what you think of the Anubis persona? Is it rad or cringe?

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! 

Which Reward Should He Pick?
  • Shadow Games For Newbs Votes: 207 73.1%
  • Starter Deck: Yugi Votes: 28 9.9%
  • Starter Deck: Kaiba Votes: 49 17.3%
  • Starter Deck: Joey Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Starter Deck: Pegasus Votes: 21 7.4%
  • Waypoint Obelisks x10 Votes: 18 6.4%
Total voters: 283 · This poll was closed on Jan 19, 2023 12:27 AM.
132