Chapter 4: Forgotten memories from the unknown past
526 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kuragari Saito's liquid manipulation: The user can freely control any liquid even if this a body fluid or a water made of other user's magic. Once the liquid is now getting controlled by the user, the user can change its temperature. But if the user increase the temperature of the liquid too much it will evaporate, and if it decreased too much the liquid will solidify turning it into ice, and making the user unable to control it.

My name is Kuragari Saito, age 17, a highschool student. I am currently living with my mother, Keiko Saito, my father (which we already forgotten he's name) leave us when I was 6. That's right, my mother is a single mother raising me by herself when I was a kid.

Me and my mother live happily together, there are no problems that we both cannot solve. Everything is going fine until one day, when I was my way back from school I got a call from my mother, but when I'm about to pick it up she suddenly hang up. I tried to call her back but there's no response, because of that I got worried so I rush my way to home.

When I finally arrived at home, I noticed that all the lights are off. When I entered the house, I suddenly feel chills down my spine, I feel like if I proceed to go inside this house something horrible might happen to me. I conquer my fear and slowly go inside the house, and I noticed that the living room's light are open. I slowly took a peek inside the living room and the first thing I see is something you don't see so often.

I saw my own mother laying on the floor covered in blood, the blood that scattered around the room seems to be hers', I also noticed that there's a deep cut on her throat. "Who could have done this?!" I thought to myself, as I noticed someone is approaching from the kitchen. The face of the man resembles my father's face, but why is there a scar on his left eye?

"Oh you're home, Kuragari. Why not take a seat, I will cook something for you." He speaks normally and calmly as if he didn't noticed a dead person laying on the floor infront of him.

"D... Dad...? Right? Can I ask... What is mom... Doing on the floor..." I asked him as I look at my dead mother's body, while shivering. {Is that the right sentence? Idk}

"Her? That useless bitch being so disgraceful just because I came home. Look, I even brought you both a gift."

(Snap)

"I see... Then... Why don't you, father, take a seat while I do the cooking for you." I respond as I smiled at him.

"Hoh! It seems that you understand me after all! I see, you're nothing like your useless mother. You even know how to respect me, as your father. Hahahaha!" He laughed as he sit at the dining table.

"Right... So, what would you like me to cook?" I happily questioned him.

"What about curry, it's been a while since I have eaten that. But are you sure you can cook?"

"Trust me, but I don't think it will taste good as mothers'."

"As long it's edible, I will eat it."

"Got it." After that I started cooking, this might sound harsh but I completely forgotten about the fact that my mother have died and the killer is right in front of me, I cooked the curry that my mother taught me before. After a while I finally finished cooking, and serve the curry on the table.

"..." My father looked at the curry I served to him.

"I know this is something unnecessary to ask, but... Did you perhaps put poison on the dish?"

"Poison? Why would we have a poison on this house. Mom will never buy a poison, even if she bought one what is she going to do with it? Poison me?" I replied as I looked at him.

"Pfft- Hahahaha!! You're right, there's no way she will poison you, her daughter." He laughed as he eat the curry I served him.

"Wuoooh!! This curry is amazing! The curry taste like something you could find from a high class restaurant! Kuragari, you sure have talent on cooking!"

"You sure enjoying it, eh?"

"You bet I do!"

"... ..My mother will never buy a poison... But I do."

"?!"

"The chemical I put on the curry is fluoroantimonic acid, I bought that chemical for our science project but I completely forgotten that I put it on my bag."

"Wha...!!?" He tries to get up but he suddenly felt something burning on his stomach and falls on the floor."

"Seriously... You killed my mother that been living with me for more than 15 years, and you expect that I won't do anything? Just how dumb are you? Mom was correct, you're nothing but a playboy that uses woman like a toy." I slowly approaches him while holding a knife that I took from the kitchen.

"With this, you will cease to exist." After that I stabbed his right neck where the carotid is located, the same spot where he stabbed my mother.

"Ffufu... I never thought... That killing a person like him will pleasure me... I'm no psychopath but, I feel joy when I end this person's life... .. But too bad... I will never be experiencing this anymore, now that I am dead all I can do is watch others kill each other... .. Are you listening? The girl that born from that incident?"

(Gasp)?! I suddenly woke up inside an moving wagon. Where am I...? Oh right, after that incident, I asked this girl to take me to the nearest city... But what the hell is up with that dream just now... For some reason I can't remember it, but I know that someone mentioned an "incident"...

"Hm? Miss, are you awake?"

"Ah yes... Are we there yet?"

"We haven't arrive at the city yet, so you could just rest for a while."

"I see..." This girl... Have a mark on his chest, and that means she is an sinner. The guy that died earlier, must've been the one she have killed, because the moment the guy dies the mark appears on her chest. She also explain to me that "they forced her to kill that guy", I don't know if that story is true but, I will not leave any sinner alive without my permission. {Idk if this is the right sentence}

I know that the god (Giustizia)'s explanation from chapter 1 is different on this chapter, later on you will find out why is it different.

Also fun fact: "Giustizia" means "Justice" in Italian

13