Chapter 5: The city of Caprice
350 17 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There's no such thing as "Painless Death". Even if your head got separated from your body, you will still be conscious and still feel the pain. Though, one man from the past has the power to give death to anyone without them experiencing pain. He is keeping his Unique Skill a secret to everyone, and until today no one has known his secrets.

Long story short, I died without knowing the cause of my death and meeting a girl that called herself a "god" and her name is Giustizia, apparently this girl is one of the six gods that rule this world. And after that, she put me on a quest to distinguish sinful people in another world. Then I got the "Unique Ability" that is called [Water Manipulation], like the name I can control water (including body fluids) at my will, I can also change the water's temperature but I better not increase or decrease it too much or else it will turn into ice and when increases it will evaporates.

"Ah! Shinobou-san! The city is now in sight!"

"Ooh…" So this is the city of Caprice. This girl, Alice, mentioned that this city is also called "the city of pure people", she also mentioned that almost all people living in this city don't commit crimes such as "killing", "stealing", and other more. But I have a bad feeling about this… And by the way, the name, Shinobou, is something that I came up when Alice ask for my name earlier.

"What a dull reaction Shinobou-san…"

"Then… ehm… ✧Woooah!!! What a beautiful name for a city!!! I can't wait to enter inside!!!✧ Is that the reaction you want me to give…?"

"On a second thought… Never mind…"

And after that, we finally entered the city. Surprisingly the guards let me inside without questioning me, I thought that they would use an "otherworldly" device to see my status and such. And as expected, the "city of pure people" bullshit is only a word. Almost all the people here have the mark on their chest, even the kids have them.

"Then Shinobou-san, I think it's time for us to depart. I hope we see each other again someday."

"Same to you. See you again, Alice."

"Bye-bye!" Alice waves her hand as she leaves. Also, I am shocked, the sinner mark on her chest disappeared. Does it disappear if I state that I won't "kill" a person with a mark? I still don't know how this ability and the others works. Anyways… This country has a lot of sinners, some of them have a very bright mark and some of them have the opposite.

And as I thought of that, I saw a carriage with a cage on the back and when I look at it there's also people inside that cage. And after some thinking, I think it's a cage of slaves, and also there's a person walking beside that carriage, maybe a slave dealer? And surprisingly, he doesn't have a mark on his chest.

… … … I know this is a dumb idea… But I have to do it… After that, I slowly approached the person who was walking beside the carriage and called out for him.

"Uhm… Mister, can I ask something…"

"Hm? Is there something little miss?"

… "Little miss"?

"Can I ask you a question? Those people inside the cage, are they slaves?"

"You mean them? Ah yes, they're slaves alright. We got them outside the city, mostly all of them caused nothing but trouble, and some of them were sold by their own parents."

"I see…" Caused nothing but trouble you say… I don't see any mark on any of them.

"So little miss, is there something you need? Or maybe, are you going to buy these slaves? If you do, you need to follow me to the slave dealer's place."

I see… so he is not the slave dealer.

"Ah no… Actually… Uhm… .." Good grief… Why the hell am I getting embarrassed… 

"Hm? What is it?"

"Can I borrow your ear for a sec…" The guy lowered his head and I closed my face to his ear.

"C… Can you… Sell me as a slave also…?" I speak near his ear with a very low voice.

"What?!! Are you planning to enslave yourself?!" He suddenly shouted and took everyone's attention. It's embarrassing.

"Shhh!!" Moron! Stop! It's embarrassing!

"Err… Come here for a sec…" He grabbed me on my wrist and roughly pulled me near him.

"Are you insane, little miss?! No one in they're right mind to approach a random a person and start asking to enslave them!" With a low voice, he speaks really fast.

"So that means I can't?"

"I mean… I can but, are you sure about this? Once you are a slave you can't escape anymore, it's like giving your own freedom to the wrong hands!"

What a good person! I wish every person had a personality like you! Anyway, I need to come up with a reason…

"Actually… It's like a… A weird quirk of mine… To be enslaved by someone…" IT IS NOT!

"I see…!" NO YOU DON'T!!

"Then, if you really want to be a slave, please sign this paper to prove that you are giving your own freedom to me, also change to this clothes." He handed me a paper, pen, and some cloth.

"Ragged clothes?"

"It's not really necessary but, if you wear those ragged clothes, it will make other think that you are a slave from other country"

"I see! So these clothes will give an aura that says; I don't want to become a slave! Right?"

"Yes, you're correct." And after that I signed the paper that proves I am now a slave that belongs to them, also written on the paper, it mentioned that they will give some kind of device, a slave collar in short, that I will wear when they sold me to someone else. The effect of the collar, it will make the wearer obey every command that the slave's "master" gives. After reading that I came up with a plan, so that the collar will not affect me.

After signing the contract, I entered the cage and changed my clothes into the ragged cloth he gave me. I gave my old clothes to the guy and told him that he can sell it if he wants, it's a "thanks" for making me a slave. Pretty weird huh? The slaves that are inside the cage are surprisingly kind, they even worried about me, though I'm not happy about how they asked me. "Are you alright in your head?" they asked me, it makes me really angry.

Oh, and also, they noticed the wound that I got from the wolves back in the forest. Alice gave me first aid back then and stopped the bleeding, it really helps me. Well then, I wonder what this "slave dealer" looks like, and I wonder what kind of person is my "master" will be.

Blue: Skill Info, Green: Trivia, Red: Status  

7