Chapter 6: The life as a slave has begun
309 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Caprice is a city that is famous for its title "the city of pure people". Legends say that this place was once visited by a god itself and because of that, priests and priestesses from other countries often visit the city. Also in this place, you can witness the famous "Diamond Mountain View", everytime the sun rises from the mountains, the sun will make the mountains shine as bright as a diamond. This has no special effect to those who witness it, but it can give you a relaxing feeling everytime you see it first thing in the morning.

Somewhere on Caprice, an adventurer named Sora is currently staying in an inn with his allies Olivia and Ria. On their team, Sora is their swordsman while Olivia is the mage and Ria is the healer. Apparently, Sora is keeping a secret from both of them, he doesn't want them to know his past for some reason, so Sora's past is currently a mystery for all of them. On the guild, they are known as "Dragon Slayer", like the name they already slay not only one but more than ten dragons including the strongest race, the "Red Flaming Dragon". And they're story continues.

"Sora! Should we go on a dragon quest today?" Olivia asked him with a very bright smile on her face.

"Not this week. I don't want to exhaust myself today, I want to take a break."

"Eeeh… Come on Sora! Come on, come on!" And as they talk, Ria enters the room and joins they're conversation.

"You can't Olivia-san. Like Sora-san has said, he's exhausted and he wants some day off. And also, I just checked the guild earlier and there's one dragon quest that is listed on the quest board. So we can't even if we want to."

"Then, how about we take a normal quest today?" Olivia happily shared her thoughts.

"You two can complete a quest by yourselves, I want to relax today so I don't want to go. Then I gotta go out, see you later." Sora replies to both of them as he leaves the room and takes a walk outside the inn.

"Hah… I wonder if those two will really go for a quest from the guild, I hope they will not pick a hard quest this time…" He thought of himself as he walked on the side of the country's road, and as he walked he wondered what he would do today.

"Should I go to a café? Nah, I will only drink coffee there… What about getting some clothes for Olivia and Ria, if I remember Ria's birthday is coming soon. I should buy her some gifts… .." As he thought of that he notices a carriage with a cage, and inside that cage there are people wearing ragged clothes. But the thing that caught his attention is this one girl with ash-like hair and a pair of crimson-like eyes. He feels like it's a "love at first sight", so he follows where the carriage goes.

-- After some time we finally reached the "Slave Dealer's" place. The place is surprisingly huge, I think it's a mansion. The place is rather quiet, I just realized it just now but people don't often walk near this place. Are they frightened or something? I don't know…

After that, the guy that I asked to make me a slave approached the place and talked to the guard. I don't know what they were talking about but I think he was asking the guard to call for the slave dealer. And after a couple minutes later, the guard and another person comes out of the mansion, and they all head to the carriage.

"What do you think, Paul-sama? These girls and boys are in good shape."

His tone of voice changes… Is it because he is currently speaking to his buyer?

"You're right Josh, you even trouble yourself for cleaning them up… .. hm?" He noticed me.

So he's name is Josh…

"What's the meaning of this? On the report, it said that you're only going to bring 7 slaves, but why are there 8 on this carriage?"

"About that… This young girl asked me to make her a slave, she even gave me her clothes as thanks."

I beg you, don't say it out loud where everyone will hear, it's embarrassing!

"She asked herself? Who in they're right mind will do that?"

"Yeah, I asked her that too…"

"Well whatever. So, will I have that extra girl for free?"

"Ah yes, on the contract we made, it said that I will only bring 7 slaves, so the extra one is for you to take."

"Ok then! Guards! Bring those girls inside the mansion, and prepare the collars that we will put on them." The slave dealer, Paul, paid Josh a bag of gold coins. And for us, by the lead of the guards, we entered inside the mansion of the slave dealer. Inside the house, I saw some maids wearing a collar on their neck, that must be the collar that makes slaves obey them.

We entered a room and it must be a room where the slave dealer introduces his slaves to a buyer, the room is so clean and so bright. The guards ask us to line up and wait for the dealer to put the collar on us, and as I wait for the dealer to come, using my unique skill, [Water Manipulation], I control the water I drink, making it exit my mouth and hide under my hair. Earlier I asked Josh to give me something to drink because I am "thirsty", and before drinking the water I controlled it with my ability and stored it on my stomach. I am planning to just put it on my hair on the first place but Josh is watching me so I have no choice to

drink it.

And after some while, the dealer, Paul, entered the room. He pick up a needle and stab his finger with it, he made her blood drip on a cup with water, and using a brush, she stir the blood and water on the cup and lastly, with a small drop from the cup, he drip some of it on the collar and the collar reacts to it and glows red for a second. He put the collar on the table, and asked us to pick it up and wear it ourselves. I thought that he would be the one who would put the collar on.

 

"Well then. Go on, wear it." As he said that, the others started to shiver in fear. The person next to me conquers her fear and wears the collar, and right after she wears it she loses strength in her arms and her eyes turn lifeless. The other saw what happened to her and some started to tear up.

"Uhm… can I ask something?"

"Hoh, you're the extra, what do you want to ask?"

Nice attitude dude.

"Once I wear this collar, will I still be conscious?"

"Probably not. Once you wear that collar, your head will turn completely blank and you will not be able to think, move, speak, and see your surroundings. In short, you will turn into a doll that has a single purpose. To serve your masters."

I see, so it's like that. If my plan doesn't work, I'm completely screwed.

"Also, your master will be able to bring your consciousness back by ordering it. Once your consciousness is back, you can now move freely and do what you want, but you are still a slave and still follow every command they give. It's terrifying because you are able to see what they are going to make you do. So do you have any more questions?"

"Ah, no. Thank you for telling me…"

"Good, now wear that collar so we can end it for today."

Once I wear this, I'll lose consciousness and will turn into a doll that does nothing but obey others. If my plan really doesn't work, I'm really, really screwed… Here goes nothing! As planned, I used my ability to control the water that I hid on the back of my hair earlier to go to the collar. My plan is to put water on the surface of the collar, so the collar will not touch the skin on my neck. I also noticed earlier, when the girl wears the collar it tightens, so I need to maintain the shape of the water that I will put on the collar.

Just in case I failed, I will say it now… Goodbye… I put the collar on my neck and the collar tightens like expected.

8