Chapter 9: Fight between a swordsman and a unregistered magician, seems fair
248 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shinobou's Appraisal: Unlike those magical tools that shows a person's status including their Unique Ability and their Normal Abilities, Her [Appraisal] can only show "some'' of the status of the person, animals, or an item she is using her appraisal to. Because of this, If she used the ability, [Status], for some reason it will only show some of her status like her Strength, Magic Power, Defense, and Magic Resistance. 

"Sora, I challenge you to a duel! I, Shinobou, will not acknowledge anyone who is weak as my master!" I pointed at him as I challenged him to a duel.

"You… You heard everything?!! I thought slaves were just dolls without consciousness?!!" The girl named Olivia is panicking as she asked me.

"Well, you see…" After that, Sora clearly explained everything to Olivia and Ria. The reason why he bought me and how I am still conscious.

"I see, I see. So you returned her senses and you wanted her to live with us?" Ria speaks.

"Yes! And of course I won't do any indecent things to her. Definitely NOT!"

These bastards… They're ignoring me…

"Hey…" I tried to take their attention.

"Oh right, Shinobou was it? What did you ask just now?" Olivia asked me.

I just said it just now...

"Like I said… I want to have a duel with this guy, Sora. I need to see his strength myself, I won't acknowledge anyone who is weak as my master." Again, I said that as I pointed at Sora.

"You? Have a battle with Sora? Hoh hoh, aren't you underestimating him? It seems that you are an outsider if you don't know who Sora is. Sora is a famous dragon slayer, he himself can defeat a full-grown dragon." Olivia said that as she looks at me like I'm some sort of a bug.

"I apologize, I don't underestimate anyone…"

I guess I'll use this.

"I-I just want to test it myself, how strong is my master… I know that he is strong, and I know that I will lose right away but… I want to see his amazing swordsman skill…" I said that as I pretended to be impressed.

"What kind of cute creature is this?!" Olivia and Ria thought of themselves as they witnessed my marvelous act! And because of that both of them asked Sora to give me a chance to witness his strength on this "duel". Sora accepted the duel and brought me outside along with the girls. We walked for 5 minutes and arrived at the location where we were going to fight. In that place, there's an empty field that seems to be used as a practice area or practice ground. 

"This is the place." Sora handed me a wooden sword, despite being a wooden sword, it's kinda heavy when I'm holding it in my hands.

"Here's the rules. Both of you will fight until one of you is unable to continue. If your wooden sword got thrown off your hand, you're disqualified, meaning the other side is the winner. Using magic against the opponent is prohibited, but you can use your magic to boost yourself. Also, you are not allowed to surrender in the middle of the match, one must win in this fight. Is everything clear?"

"Yes!" Me and Sora agreed to the rules.

I think Sora has the advantage here. A professional swordsman against a person who doesn't even know how to handle a sword properly. If I can speak any further, I say this is an unfair match. But I'm the one who proposed a duel between me and him, I just need to hit him or his wooden sword with all my force to unravel my "strength"

"Ready… Start!"

"[Stealth]!" I used my ability Stealth but for some reason it's not activating. Sora charges towards me at an incredible speed he must've used his unique ability: Acceleration. The time limit of the ability is 20 Minutes, it's a waste of time and energy to dodge every attack for 20 minutes. I must land a hit on him or his sword, even once!

Using the wooden sword, I slashed the ground and blew dust everywhere making them hard to see me. Because of this, Sora got alerted and stopped approaching me. To be honest, I can't see him either. But the footsteps stopped, now I need to test the ability again! "[Stealth]!" I used Stealth, and this time it worked.

So, to activate the ability, Stealth, I need to be unseen by everyone if I'm activating it. In short, I can only use this ability if no one is watching me. Good, I can use this "sooner or later". Sora didn't notice that I used the ability and he thought that I was still inside the dust. I walked slowly and went behind Sora ready to attack, I raised the wooden sword and attacked. He noticed my presence behind him and he quickly turned around and blocked my attack using the wooden sword.

"Amazing master!! Your senses sure are sharp!" As I complimented his actions, I suddenly kicked his left side and hoped he would lose balance, then I rapidly attacked him with the sword but he somehow kept blocking it. And as I attacked him over and over again, he got pumped up and about to use one of his abilities. We can't use magic against an opponent, and we can only use magic to boost ourselves. Ria knows about Sora's abilities and that's why she set up the rules like that, so that means Sora, right now, is going to use some kind of magic to boost himself! Even if I lost now, I don't care anymore. I already landed a hit with all my strength, the "Strength" on my status probably appeared as we fought. But losing is something I don't want to experience, let's give it my all!

"[Countering]..." Sora uses a magic that I don't know, and when I'm about to hit him with the wooden sword he suddenly teleports behind me.

"Eh?" As I processed what the hell just happened, Sora attacked me from behind and aimed for my sword, and because of that the sword flew off my hands.

"That's enough! Sora is the winner!" Ria declares who's the winner.

W… What just happened…?! Right before I hit him, he teleported behind me…!! Is that one of his Normal Abilities? This guy, Sora, is full of secrets that make me want to unravel all of it. I was planning to win this fight and continue to support them as their ally… 

"So, Shinobou. It seems that I won the fight. Will you finally acknowledge me?" He happily asked as he reached out his hand to me.

"That's unfair y'know… A mage fighting a swordsman in a swordfight, it's like a joke… But fine, I acknowledge you." And after that we returned to the inn because it's starting to get dark.

"Oh right, Shinobou, are you hungry? Do you want to eat something?"

"It seems?" I don't look like skin and bones, right? And if you mentioned it, I haven't eaten anything ever since I got transferred to this world, it's surprising that I don't get hungry nor feel tired. But I am curious about this world's food, so why not accept his offer...

"I appreciate your offer." Inside the inn, the four of us sit on a table as Sora orders our food, and as we wait, I feel like someone locked a glare on me from afar. I don't feel like turning around and looking for the person who is staring at me so I just easily ignored it. And after a while the food arrived on the table, Sora ordered a load of meat and some salad-like dish. I took my share and took a bite of the meat. Unlike the look of the meat, the meat tasted like a fried chicken back from my world. And as I eat, I feel like someone has cooked this meal before in my life, but for some reason I can't remember who that person is.

I noticed that Ria didn't eat any meat that Sora ordered, she's eating the salad dish that I saw earlier. "Is she vegetarian?" I thought of myself as I locked my glare at her while eating. Ria noticed me glaring at her and making her uncomfortable. And as I locked my glare at Ria, I remembered that I had something else to do. Now that the sword fight is over, the Strength on my status should appear by now. 

"[Status]." The screen pops up Infront of me, and as expected, the Strength results showed up. I'm okay with my Magic Power and my Magic Resistance, but isn't the Strength just too weak? Unlike the others, my Strength results are "E". So that means, if my magic got sealed in the middle of the fight, I will be completely useless? My Defense is "C" which I am okay about, but I'm not okay with my Strength at all! Goddess, please fix this somehow!! And as I thought to myself, I am showing an angry look on my face right now, and I don't even realize it.

"What is it Shinobou?! Is there something wrong with my face?! Please, stop glaring at me like that!!" Ria can't take it anymore

Shinobou is weak if it comes to a physical fight

5