Chapter 6: Living together
69 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Living together

 

Liu Zemin nods, "Of course, it's ok. Everybody has ups and downs in their life. There will be times where you will have to release all that stress." 

 

"...you won't judge me for it?" Her close friend and her fiance just betrayed her. She didn't know who she could trust now. The person in front of her is the closest thing she could trust right now. 

 

"We've only known each other for a day. How could I judge you on anything? But I know when somebody is sad."

 

Liu Zemin looks away from her and points at his back, "Treat me like a wall and let it all out."

 

When Wei Xiaohui heard that, her steel heart started to open up. 

 

"Why? Just why?"

 

"Why did he choose her over me? I just don't get it?!" Wei Xiaohui couldn't take the outcome. Even though she had seen what the two had done, she still believed. 

 

When she turned towards Zhou Liqin, a tiny piece of her heart thought there should still be felt between the two. 

 

Hoping for Zhou Liqin to grab her hand and bring her close to his chest as he begs for forgiveness. Wei Xiaohui would have forgiven him no matter the sins he committed. 

 

But that never happened.  Seeing the smile Zhou Liqin has as he looks at Shao Nuying, Wei Xiaohui knew the love they had before was nowhere to be found. 

 

But she still couldn't accept it. They have been dating for more than 5 years. Going through hardships and struggles with each other. Yet, it only took a few months for all of it to be gone.

 

The more Wei Xiaohui talked, the more she opened up. Tears fell to the ground. Bit by bit, the steel heart opened up. 

 

Liu Zemin didn't say a thing. He listens to all of her ventings, letting everything go. Before long, Liu Zemin turns over to hug her, continuing to pat her head. That made Wei Xiaohui cry more as she hugged him tightly.

 

The two of them stay there for the entire night. 

 

Wei Xiaohui stops crying and wipes her tears away, "Sorry you had to hear all of that." Even though Liu Zemin told her to let it all out, she still felt embarrassed. 

 

Liu Zemin continues to pat her head, "You don't have to apologize. As long as you feel better. That's all that matters."

 

Wei Xiaohui blushes, "I do feel much better." She still felt wronged by everything that happened. But after crying, she did feel something was lifted off of her. 

 

"That's good." Liu Zemin smiles. The scene was picture perfect,

 

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLL

 

Liu Zemin went wide-eyed, and Wei Xiaohui's blush turned into a deeper shade of red. Seeing this, Liu Zemin chuckles,

 

"Well, we have been here for a while now. Let's get something to eat. I'm starving as well." Wei Xiaohui nods in embarrassment. 

 

Despite it ending like this, Wei Xiaohui felt a lot of baggage was off her shoulders.

...

"Hnggghhh." Liu Zemin stretches his arms into the air as he finishes up some of his paperwork. 

 

"You should take a break." Wei Xiaohui came out of the kitchen with food ready.

 

"Give me a few more minutes. I just need to finish up a few more paperwork." For the past few days, Liu Zemin had been working hard on hiring and contacting people. He had been using all of his connections possible to get the best resources possible.

 

Wei Xiaohui frowns, "You really don't have to work so hard for me." She knew Liu Zemin had been working from the crack of dawn all the way to midnight. 

 

"You're going to faint at the rate you're going." Wei Xiaohui was worried he didn't get enough sleep. He got the dark circles to prove it. 

 

However, Liu Zemin jokes, "How can I faint when I get your cooking inside me?" 

 

It was decided that Wei Xiaohui would be living at Liu Zemin's apartment. Wei Xiaohui originally suggested that she get her own home. However, Liu Zemin insisted that she should stay here. 

 

His apartment wasn't an ordinary one. It was split into two floors, making it look like a mansion instead. Outside as a pool too. There was more than enough room for Wei Xiaohui to stay in.

 

More than that, it had a security guard in the front and a private parking space.

 

Wei Xiaohui still felt guilty even though Liu Zemin suggested it. However, Liu Zemin listed out the cons of her living outside. 

 

And that ended all discussion of it.

 

0