Chapter 7: The start of change
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: The start of change

 

However, the topic of rent came up between the two, starting another discussion. Liu Zemin was wealthy to the point that it can't be said. He told Wei Xiaohui that she didn't need to pay for the rent. But Wei Xiaohui wasn't going to let that happen. 

 

If she wasn't going to be paying rent, then she wasn't going to stay there. The two argued about it, and it finally ended with a compromise. Wei Xiaohui would be living without paying rent. 

 

But in return, she would be cleaning around the house and cooking for him. 

 

"Don't joke around like that." Wei Xiaohui puts her hand on her waist to make her look angry. However, her expression says it all. Liu Zemin knew she was happy with the compliment.

 

Noticing his smile, Wei Xiaohui glares, "What?"

 

Liu Zemin quickly denied, "Nothing! Nothing is wrong!"

 

Wei Xiaohui sighs, "I'm serious. You gotta take care of your body more."

 

Liu Zemin consoles her, "Don't worry, I know my limits." Despite the dark circles, Liu Zemin's body has been feeling fine. He knew how much he could push.

 

"I promise you that I'll help you get your revenge. I'm a man of my word." Liu Zemin pats his chest, showing his vigor.

 

Wei Xiaohui felt her heart hurt when she saw that. She didn't believe Liu Zemin knew his limits.

 

'I have to work harder as well.' While Liu Zemin works on the Logistic things behind the scenes, Wei Xiaohui has been working hard. 

 

After the two had come home, Liu Zemin had told her that he was hiring trainers for her. 

 

When Wei Xiaohui gave up her modeling career, she didn't maintain her figure anymore. She was still beautiful, but her modeling figure was something else. 

 

Dieting and exercising from early in the morning to late at night. She has been doing it all to get back up there. 

 

The two had been going through all that work to make it come true. As Liu Zemin finished up with his paperwork, he received a phone call.

 

"Hmm? Yes?" Liu Zemin walks out of the living room. Wei Xiaohui looks at him from the table. She saw the look he had on his face. 

 

It was all tense.

 

The call only took a few minutes. Liu Zemin walks back in, and Wei Xiaohui asks him,

 

"Is there anything wrong?"

 

Liu Zemin looks up, "Wei Xiaohui, go get the most expensive wine from the rack!" The tense expression he had before was nowhere to be found. A giant smile was plaster on his face instead. 

 

"?" Wei Xiaohui was surprised. Liu Zemin has his own wine rack, and one bottle of wine from there would cost a fortune. The highest one was around 45 million yuan!

 

"Today's a great day! I got a director for our script!" Liu Zemin had written multiple scripts for Wei Xiaohui. He gave them to directors, asking them if they'll help him direct it. 

 

Most of them have refused to do it. However, Liu Zemin didn't give up hope. 

 

The call he got was from a director who's interested in one of Liu Zemin's scripts. 

 

Wei Xiaohui's expression brightens, "Are we really going to shoot a movie?" She didn't think they would be making a movie so soon.

 

Liu Zemin shakes his head, "No. We won't be shooting a movie. We are shooting a series instead." It would be a series with around 20ish episodes.

 

A series was much different from a movie. Wei Xiaohui begins to have doubts, "Are you sure I can do this?" Even if she got help from the trainers, she was still a beginner. 

 

And being the main lead at that as well puts more stress onto her. Can she really do it?

 

Liu Zemin smiles at her, "Don't doubt. I know you can do it." He saw how hard Wei Xiaohui puts on exercising and dieting. If she puts focus on acting, Liu Zemin knows she can do it. 

 

But there was a reason why he wanted her to do a series. He continues, "The reason why I chose a series is so you can clash with Shao Nuying."

 

Besides modeling, Shao Nuying has decided to start a career as an actress. When Wei Xiaohui told him about her getting a role on a series, Liu Zemin knew this was a chance for them. 

1