Chapter 9: How could you do that?!
60 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: How could you do that?!

 

A few months passed, and today is the first day of the recording. Reserving a set, making sure all the props and costumes were in order. Liu Zemin had been checking for all of it.

 

And it was worth it. Everything was coming to fruition. Liu Zemin looks at the director and bows his head,

 

"Thank you for your time, Director Guo. This means a lot." The elderly man waves his hand and told Lu Chen,

 

"Don't thank me yet. The only reason why I'm continuing to direct it is because of the script." The elderly man has a stern expression as he continues, 

 

"If the actor you brought to me is garbage, then I'm out of here!"

 

"I understand. But you don't have to worry. I have faith in my actor." Liu Zemin smiles. Despite being angry, Liu Zemin didn't mind.

 

The director, Guo Tengfei, has the right to be domineering. He's a famous director who directed many movies and series. All of them were famous worldwide. 

 

Guo Tengfei had a specific way he wanted everything to go. That goes with the actors as well. He was planning to have an audition to find the main lead. However, Liu Zemin didn't allow this and persisted with Wei Xiaohui. 

 

This was the first time Guo Tengfei had an opponent. Others would have let him do whatever he wants with his fame. 

 

The two kept arguing, but Liu Zemin won the battle. Well, for now.

 

"So, where is she?" Guo Tengfei was curious as to who it was that made Liu Zemin so fixed. He had proposed so many benefits for the guy, and yet he refused them all!

 

" She's still doing makeup." The makeup artist told him that it would take a while for Wei Xiaohui to be ready.

 

"Go get her! We're about to start!" Guo Tengfei got impatient.

 

Liu Zemin laughs, "Alright, I'll go get her." Liu Zemin walks over to a trailer. He gave Wei Xiaohui her own trailer for her to change and get her makeup done. He knocks on the door, 

 

"Come in." Wei Xiaohui calls out to him. Liu Zemin walks in, and instantly, he is spellbound!

 

Wei Xiaohui wore a traditional hanfu dress. It was pure white and a tint of blue. 

 

She looked like a princess that came out of a web novel.

 

Seein how Liu Zemin was just standing there silent, one of the makeup artists asks,

 

"How does she look, CEO?"

 

"Doesn't my silence say it all? I was too spellbound by her beauty." Liu Zemin says this without any shame in him at all. 

 

Wei Xiaohui blushes, "I'm not that beautiful."

 

"You are tho." Liu Zemin insisted, making the makeup artists giggle. Changing the subject, Wei Xiaohui asks him,

 

"So it's time?"

 

Liu Zemin nods, "Yeah, the director wants to see you."

 

Wei Xiaohui nods, and she thanks the makeup artists for their work. While the two walked, many people were staring at her. 

 

"It seems I'm not the only one who got spellbound by you." Liu Zemin jokes. 

 

Beautiful pale snow skin. A smile so pure and kind that it makes people have a grin as well. 

 

"..." Wei Xiaohui didn't respond. Liu Zemin tries calling her again. However, she still didn't notice him. 

 

"Wei Xiaohui!"

 

Wei Xiaohui jumps up like a scared little cat! She turns over to Liu Zemin in tears, "Why did you scream like that?!"

 

Liu Zemin laughs as he pats her head, "You're too tense." He could hear her mumbling lines. It's obvious how worried she was. 

 

However, her lines were too strained.

 

"Just do what you feel is best. Don't think about it so hard." 

 

"What if I mess up?" Wei Xiaohui didn't get an ounce of sleep yesterday. She has been thinking all night. Many scenarios went through her head, wondering what would happen.

 

Liu Zemin stops and asks her, "Do you want me to cast a spell on you?"

 

Wei Xiaohui tilts her head, "You're a magician? When was this?"

 

"I've been a magician for a long time." Liu Zemin acts smug, "The spell I know will help you focus 100 percent." 

 

Wei Xiaohui perks up, "What's the spell?!" It didn't matter if Liu Zemin was joking. She was willing to do anything.

 

Liu Zemin smiles, "Look at my fingers." He moves his fingers in a circle, and Wei Xiaohui follows it ever so closely. 

 

Liu Zemin continues to do this for a few seconds, but then,

 

FLICK! 

 

He launches his attack and flicks Wei Xiaohui on the forehead!

 

"Oww!" Wei Xiaohui grabs her forehead, not expecting that. She then looks at Liu Zemin,

 

How could you do that?!

1