Chapter 10: A princess
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: A princess

 

That was what Wei Xiaohui's eyes were saying. Liu Zemin laughs, "Don't you feel much better now?"

 

"?" Wei Xiaohui thought about it, and Liu Zemin was right. She did feel much better. All the uneasiness she felt was gone from her mind.

 

'Did that really help?' Wei Xiaohui couldn't believe a forehead flick would be able to help her. 

 

"See. I told you I was a magician." Liu Zemin says as he continues to act smugly. However, he didn't realize the flying chop to his ribs! 

 

"Gaaha!" Liu Zemin grabs onto his ribs and looks at Wei Xiaohui,

 

"What was that for?!"

 

"That's my way of saying thanks." Wei Xiaohui ignores Liu Zemin's wrong expression. She was prepared.

 

When the two arrived on the set, Guo Tengfei looked at Wei Xiaohui, "So you're the one?"

 

"Hello, director Guo. It's a pleasure to work with you. " Wei Xiaohui bows. 

 

"Save it. We're going to start scene 1. Go prepare yourself." Guo Tengfei still hasn't accepted Wei Xiaohui. Yes, she had the looks, but the acting, it's something he doubts she would have. 

 

When Wei Xiaohui hears that, she closes her eyes. But the next second, her gaze changes, and her entire demeanor turns more elegant and refined. 

 

Everybody on set was surprised by the sudden change.

 

Guo Tengfei didn't get absorbed by the change. He shouts, "Action!"

 

When everybody saw Wei Xiaohui playing, they were mesmerized by her. She was an elegant lotus on a lake. 

 

Scene 1 starts out in the courtyard of an imperial mansion. There the princess, Wang Meili (Wei Xiaohui), plays the zither. 

 

Her country is being invaded, and the princess has no clue about what's going on.

 

Wang Meili has been living in the palace all her life. She was forbidden to leave, only to live in her private manor. 

 

However, one day the princess had enough. 

 

She wanted to see the outside world. She sneakily escapes the guard's watch. She thought the world would be beautiful and elegant. The people could see the eagerness in her eyes.

 

But the sight was something Wang Meili never expected. Soldiers were coming back all bloodied up, and the citizens were crying.

 

Wang Meili's face was pale and solemn by the bloodied sight. She couldn't help but shiver as she trips to the ground. Tears came out as she couldn't believe the scene.

 

"Cut!" Guo Tengfei calls out. However, everybody didn't move. They were too absorbed by the scene. But the person who was the most absorbed was Wei Xiaohui!

 

Guo Tengfei turns to Liu Zemin, "Hey, go over there and snap her out of it." 

 

Liu Zemin walks up to her, "Xiaohui, the scene is done." Hearing his words, Wei Xiaohui came back to reality.

 

"Sorry."

 

"Don't apologize. You did really well." Liu Zemin picks her up and turns to Guo Tengfei, "So director Guo, how did she do?"

 

Guo Tengfei's eyes were twitching, 'Are you really asking me that?!' How could he say anything when Wei Xiaohui did so well? 

 

"She did so-so. I gotta continue to see what she does too. Now let's start the next scene!" Guo Tengfei didn't say more as he moved to the next scene. 

 

But Liu Zemin was smiling as he knew Guo Tengfei was interested in Wei Xiaohui now.

 

Scene 2 is where Wang Meili couldn't stand by what happened there. She went to her father, the emperor,

 

"Father, how can we leave them there lying like this?! We need to do everything we can to help the soldiers!"

 

"Child, you don't understand what is going on. Go back to your manor." The emperor sighs. Her daughter was too young to understand what's going on. 

 

"How could I not understand?! Our people are dying out there, and yet we are not doing anything for them! Look at us! We're just sitting on our pedestal without going to the frontlines!" Wang Meili was in a rage. She remembers how the soldiers lay on the ground.  

 

Yet, what is she doing now, nothing?

 

"Insolence! Guards!" The emperor calls the guards, brings Wang Meili away.

 

However, Wang Meili wasn't going to stand for this. She grabs a knife, cutting her hair to make her look more like a man.  A determined look was on her face as she escaped the manor, not looking back at the riches. 

 

"I will not let my people down." That was what she vowed on this night. 

 

“Cut!”

 

1