Chapter 12: Seeing his ex-wife on screen!
96 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12: Seeing his ex-wife on screen!

 

Shao Nuying's fame was only a spark. It'll burn out sooner or later.

 

"I know. But seeing Shao Nuying act like an angelic person even after what she did is annoying." Wei Xiaohui stabs into her beef. Since Shao Nuying wasn't there, the only thing she could take her anger out on is the beef!

 

Liu Zemin shivers. 

 

What did the beef ever do to you?! He kinda felt pity as he saw the slice of meat getting stabbed multiple times. 

 

"Don't worry." Liu Zemin grabs her hand before she could damage the beef again, "I'll make sure you are better than her. So don't take it out on the food." 

 

"..." With his earnest expression, Wei Xiaohui went silent. She couldn't believe there was someone so kind to her. She starts blushing from how he grasped her hand. 

 

She nods, and Liu Zemin lets her go. 

 

"Now, let's finish off our food." Liu Zemin smiles as he continues to eat. Wei Xiaohui also did the same. But she glances up at Liu Zemin from time to time. 

...

"Everybody, thank you for all your hard work!" A few weeks have passed, and the whole set has finished filming around half of the series. 

 

Throughout the few weeks, Wei Xiaohui also got to know all the workers. She has been helping around even after she finished her scenes. Many of them were grateful for her help. 

 

Wei Xiaohui saw some props on the ground and was going to move them to the storage room. 

 

"You don't have to worry about this, lady boss. Let me do it." One of the prop workers said. 

 

Wei Xiaohui pauses and looks at the worker, "Lady boss?!"

 

"Yeah, you're dating the boss, so you're our lady boss." It was common for everybody to see Wei Xiaohui and Liu Zemin leave in the same car.

 

Also, with how much Liu Zemin looked after her, many workers put two and two together. 

 

Wei Xiaohui got embarrassed by this situation. She quickly explains, "We aren't actually dating." 

 

"EHHHHHHHHH!" The worker wasn't the only one who screamed.

 

Workers walking around heard their conversation screamed in shock. They couldn't believe it.

 

"What are you guys screaming about?!" Guo Tengfei came over, "Are you guys that happy that we get to leave earlier?" 

 

All the workers shook their heads. 

 

"Then pick up everything and go home!" All of the workers quickly ran away without looking back. 

 

Only Guo Tengfei and Wei Xiaohui were left. The elderly man coughs,

 

"Brat, I'll tell you this; that man is one of the brightest diamonds out there. Don't lose him."

 

"?"

 

Guo Tengfei didn't say anything else and walked away, leaving Wei Xiaohui confused. However, her confusion didn't last long as Liu Zemin came from the back,

 

"Xiaohui, let's go home now. I can't wait to see the first episode." The reason why people were leaving early was that today was the airing of their first episode!

 

Wei Xiaohui immediately jumps away from him like a frightened bunny!

 

"Hmm? Is something the matter?"

 

"No! Nothings wrong!" Wei Xiaohui grabs him by the shoulders, "Let's go home now!" 

 

Liu Zemin had no say in this matter and was pushed into the car!

...

"I'm home!" Midnight, Zhou Liqin had come home. After he divorced Wei Xiaohui, Shao Nuying quickly moved in. 

 

However, the lights were turned off, without any light in the room at all.

 

"Nuying?" He opens the light, wondering where Shao Nuying went? He saw a note on the table,

 

Liqin, I got some things to do today. So I won't be home for today. Love you kiss kiss <3. 

 

What was left on the table beside the note was takeout. 

 

Seeing this, Zhou Liqin didn't say anything anymore as he warmed it up. However, he still finds it odd without Wei Xiaohui. When he usually comes home, Wei Xiaohui would be there waiting for him no matter what time. She would have a homecooked meal with a warm bath prepared. 

 

'No!' Zhou Liqin shakes his head, ' Nuying is much different from Wei Xiaohui!' Shao Nuying had much more things to do now that she's a sensation.

 

Zhou Liqin opens the TV, hoping to get his mind off of her. But the first thing he saw was,

 

"Xiaohui?" Even though she looks different from what he knows, Zhou Liqin knew that the person there was none other than his ex-wife!

1