Chapter 15: The backlash from people
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 15: The backlash from people

 

Wei Xiaohui nods and opens her social media. However, she was surprised by it. Despite not posting anything, she had over 2 million followers.

 

Before Wei Xiaohui posts the picture, Liu Zemin warns her, "Also put a caption up. Tell them that it was only a one-time thing. You don't want them to come every day to meet you, right?"

 

Liu Zemin knows if she posted this, other people would be coming over to the set, wanting a picture. 

 

Wei Xiaohui nods and writes up a caption, and posts the picture. The instant she did, her page immediately blew up!

 

Finally, our goddess has posted a picture!

 

Our goddess is so handsome in this picture!

 

Why wasn't I there to take a picture with her? I must go there tomorrow! TT

 

You can't. Don't bother our goddess. She has to focus on filming. 

 

That picture instantly blew up with comments and likes. In just a minute, there were more than 100,000 views and 90,000 likes. And it still kept going up!

 

Wei Xiaohui couldn't believe she would get so many views and likes so quickly!

 

"You should do this more often. Interact with your fans more." Liu Zemin smiles at her. Her face said it all. 

 

It was a look of accomplishment. 

 

Wei Xiaohui rubs her nose, "I'll talk to them more after we finish filming." Her priority is to finish filming the series. 

 

Liu Zemin adds, "You're going to get more people following you after you do the endorsement as well." With endorsements and advertising, Wei Xiaohui's face would be shown everywhere. More people will want to learn more about her. 

 

What will happen in a few years? This was something Liu Zemin wanted to see. 

 

"I'm going to work my hardest on that endorsement!" Wei Xiaohui screams in the car. With how many people loved her, she had to reciprocate those feelings too. 

...

"How could that witch be more famous than me!" Shao Nuying shouts in rage! A few days back, when she came home and planned to lounge around, she saw Wei Xiaohui on TV!

 

'Why couldn't she just stay down like a dog?!' Shao Nuying scowls. She had taken everything away from her. She thought she won. 

 

When she saw the despairing look Wei Xiaohui had as she left the office, Shao Nuying couldn't help but smile viciously!

 

Shao Nuying thought that was the end. But who would've thought Wei Xiaohui would come back at her. Like a cockroach, not willing to lie down and die!

 

And now she has gotten higher than her as well. On a poll about the up-and-coming actress, Wei Xiaohui was rated high! Wei Xiaohui was ranked around third, while Shao Nuying was only fifth!

 

What made it even worse was when she saw the ratings for her series. It was abysmal.  Many people have given it a 4 out of 10 reviews. 

 

The reviews went like this;

 

The plot was really nice, but the way the characters acted was just horrible!

 

Yeah, especially Shao Nuying! Her acting was so fake! Anybody could tell she was just that horrible!

 

How could the director choose somebody like that?! She only has the looks and nothing more!

 

Acting is not your thing, Shao Nuying. Stop focusing on that and stay as a model.

 

Everybody was going on and on about how Shao Nuying's acting was really horrible. And it was too. She would forget lines on the spot, causing many retakes.

 

Because of how bad her acting was, the other actors had to improvise on the spot to fix it. Also, the arguing between the director and Shao Nuying didn't help at all. It just made all the other people on edge. 

 

All of this was because of Shao Nuying. Yet, the woman didn't realize.

 

'Shao Nuying, calm down. It's only a matter of time before you take the prize as a top up-and-coming actress!" She just needs to win. That's all.

 

Everything would be fine after that. Shao Nuying opens the TV to relieve herself. However, she saw something that just made her rage more!

 

It was a commercial of Wei Xiaohui showing off a new perfume! It was like looking in a mirror. However, Shao Nuying couldn't take it anymore and slams her hand onto the table!

 

"Wei Xiaohui!"

 

Before anything could happen, Zhou Liqin came into the apartment, "Nuying, I got you a big opportunity!"

 

"Hmm?" Shao Nuying did a 180. She has a strained smile on her face, "What's the opportunity, hubby?" 

 

"I got you a modeling job with one of the top fashion brands!"

 

1