Chapter 3- Places To Get Murdered
3.4k 14 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roland almost shed tears as his only escape route slowly drove away from the academy, leaving him behind.

Taking a deep breath, Roland straightened himself, his movements filled with grace and elegance, unlike his unseemly appearance before.

"I think I've got most of it down, thankfully. If I acted like a slob, people would have become suspicious of me."

The Mercury family, like any prestigious family, put a lot of emphasis on manners and etiquette. Most vampires go through this training from an early age, mostly because of heritage and tradition.

Roland in the game was arrogant, and very proud of his noble lineage, so of course, he went through those lessons. However, his arrogance made him unlikable despite his proficiency in etiquette.

In order to mix in with the character of Roland, he had immersed himself into the role, talking with arrogance and pride while also having the bearing of a noble .

"Looks like all those plays back in school paid off!"

Roland thought, while ignoring all the people staring at him. 

As the only heir of the Mercury family, it made sense he would attract a lot of attention. Coupled with his handsome looks and noble demeanor, he attracted the attention of all the girls in the area.

Of course, Roland ignored them, and made his way to the auditorium where the entrance ceremony was taking place.

He didn't dare to make any stops, as many encounters were littered throughout the school. 

Nightmare Academy was enormous, looking more like a college then a high school. Other then that though, it looked very ordinary, not seeming special at all from an outside point of view. However, the school had many locations filled with magic that were just perfect for a scene setup.

Like the garden for example. The garden in Nightmare Academy is off limits for first years, as it contained many extinct and ancient species of plants. 

In the game, the player signed up to Nightmare Academy by accident, not knowing the only people who could choose it were monsters. Because of this, he entered the garden without any thought, and comes across the injured Roselia Scarlet.

Roselia, who had just been injured by her enemies, went into her hunger state, and fled to the garden as she did not want to show her classmates her disgraceful appearance

Enter the protagonist, who stumbles into Roselia in the garden, and gets attacked by her. Normally, most humans who had their blood sucked so thoroughly would just die, but because of the player's dormant dragon powers, he survives. Not only that, Roselia gets addicted to his blood, which is then used as an excuse by the makers for her to visit the protagonist. 

Events like that were spread throughout the school.

Thus ironically, the entrance ceremony was the safest place, as most of the capture targets would arrive late.

"Oh, you actually arrived early, Roland? I thought you were the type to arrive fashionably late!"

Roland froze as the sweet voice of a certain mad woman entered his ear.

Turning around, Roland made eye contact with her purple eyes, which looked at him with amusement.

With her big purple eyes, long flowing blond hair and porcelain skin, she was the dream girl of many young vampires.

Roselia Scarlet, the Vampire Princess, his fiancée, and the women who would kill him in the future. 

110