Chapter 5- Curse You Roland!
3.5k 15 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Phew, that was close."

Looking at the creepily smiling maiden behind him, Roland felt like he had just dodged a bullet.

Thankfully, his acting experience in his previous life and knowledge of Game Roland's behavior allowed him to fake his way through the conversation.

The look of disgust that appeared on Roselia's face gave Roland joy. It showed she hadn't noticed that he was different yet.

In his mind, that exchange went as well as he planned.

But the question plaguing Roland's mind was, why the hell was she waiting for him in front of the auditorium?  

Shouldn't she be in the garden meeting up with the player?

Now that he thought about, Roselia looked completely fine, like she hadn't gone through much of a fight at all.

Could it be his actions were already causing ripples across the future?

No, there's now way that's possible. Roland had tried to fit himself into the role of being a Mercury, and didn't make any unnecessary movements that would affect the future.

Wait a second, could it be that the enemies who attacked the Princess were actually sent by Roland in the game?

That was the conclusion that made the most sense, but why? What did Game Roland gain by attacking Roselia? Maybe he was trying to play hero?

Now that he thought about it, it was weird that Roland in game knew about the secret meeting that occurred between the player and the princess. The only way he would know about it was it he had been monitoring her all along!

In the game lore, it stated that ancient vampire weddings were not concluded with a kiss, but by swearing eternity while biting each others  necks. 

Although this rarely happens in the vampire community today, to two ancient families such as the Mercury's and the Scarlet's, these vows were binding.

That was probably what game Roland was aiming for all along!

"That sneaky bastard! Even after he's gone, he was still causing trouble for me!"

Roland continued cursing his previous self while walking around the academy. He was waiting for his fiancée to go into the auditorium, so that he could enter without worries.

Suddenly, a roar of anger attracted his attention.

"What,  you twerp! You think you could say that to me, Atlas Bloodfang? I will rip you to pieces!"

Joining the crowd, he saw three boys surrounding a boy and a girl, not allowing them to retreat. 

'Wait, Atlas Bloodfang? Wasn't he a villain?'

Atlas was the fiancée of Natalia Arche, the werewolf princess and the villain of her route. He was easily recognizable by his wild grey hair, hulking body and and crazed green eyes,

But the people who Roland was paying attention to the most were the people trapped by Atlas and his goons. 

One of them was a girl with purple hair, with a pair of glasses worn on her beautiful face, her seductive body cowering onto the ground. He recognized her as Lilia, the half-succubus, one of the capture targets.

The other guy, was strangely average. Like if you chose all the default options for your avatar, he would look like this guy.

Wait a second, doesn't that guy look like the default version of the player?

'Fuck!'

The player didn't have the encounter with the vampire princess, and accidently triggered the Lilia pathway early! He wasn't supposed to be able to unlock her until the academy!

In her pathway, Lilia gets bullied for her half-blood lineage and for the fact that she was a succubus. 

The demons were a highly destructive race of monsters sealed by the knights and the monsters working in unison. The remaining demons were discriminated against because of all the damages they caused and many still had grievances against them.

But that wasn't important. What was important is that the player would get absolutely shanked by Atlas without any of his powers in the current stage.

"Guess it's time for me to intervene. Can't allow myself to lose my shield, can we? Getting a favor from the protagonist shouldn't be that a bad either." 

 

 

101