Chapter 29: The Slime and The Royal Encounter
4.7k 11 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was an awkward silence as Maria sat “alone” in the garden waiting for her father. She was getting nervous. Lily massaged her shoulders, calming her down slightly. She let out a sigh and a soft “thank you” to let Lily know that she was appreciated. Surrounding them were different flowers, chrysanthemum, roses, orchids, narcissus. A myriad of them everywhere. Maria was sitting at the top of a tall hill under a tree. She was holding a small cup of tea and her hands were shaking. 

Maria then spotted the two men and one woman climbing up the hill. 

“Maria! My, how lovely you’ve become daughter. How long has it been since I was last here? Too long, far too long. After all, you’ve taken it into your hands to undermine everything I own,” the kind cried out to her. 

Maria shivered, she hated this man, she didn’t like how he was threatening her and yet smiling and exclaiming happily. What a shrewd man he was. Maria steeled herself. 

“Father, you must jest, it is you who is destroying everything I have built with my own two hands. Robert and Wilhem didn’t have to build cities from scratch, did they? This was all me. Forgive me for being blunt but, how dare you? How dare you come here to my home and threaten me!”

“Now now Maria, that temper won’t do. I simply came to visit you, I was worried since I heard about an arrest that occurred a few days prior, I believe you know of it?”

“It was nothing, just a few monsters that came too close to the inspection line, noting of importance. They have already been dealt with.”

“My my so efficient but last I remember, I told you, you were not to touch them until the truth was confirmed. I am the king am I not?”

“Not to me, not to this city. Please leave, you are not welcome here.”

The woman next to her father drew her sword and pointed it at Maria.

“How about a duel, it’s been so long after all. I want to see how much my student has improved,” the lady said. 

“I have no respect for you Amethyst, you are just as bad as the king you follow. Rotten and corrupt!” Maria summoned her spear using special magic and swung it down against her past teacher. She felt much stronger than she had ever felt before, energy flowed from Lily into her, increasing her speed, strength, and even magic control. These effects allowed Maria to make quick work of her past teacher. 

Maria stored her spear and sat down, satisfied with the result. Normally, she was worse than her teacher, but the sheer power given to her by Lily allowed Maria to overpower her effortlessly. 

“Very impressive, I’m proud of you.”

“Don’t do that, you disgrace me.”

Amethyst stood behind the king once again. 

“I’m afraid that I have to be strict with you. Tell me where the monsters are or I’ll burn this place down from the inside out.”

“You wouldn’t dare, regardless of whether or not I can deploy military because of you doesn’t mean I can’t use it to defend my own territory from invasion.”

“That’s where you are wrong, I already control everything. Do you think you really would be allowed to do whatever you want in my territory? You are lucky you aren’t dead.”

“There it is, the real jealousy bleeding through. Burn in hell!” She grabbed her father from the neck squeezing down hard, but a flash of light shone and she was repelled backwards. 

Lily felt that too, it was a mana barrier and a pretty strong one at that. It nearly depleted her HP but she fed off Maria a bit to keep herself alive. 

“Do you like it?” the king asked, showing off a purple pendant. It was a gift from some churchgoers that I ran into, really kind people. My my, I thought you would at least have a scratch on you, guess not. You really have grown. You have ten days, then the city is mine. Do what you can to pack up and get out of my way ok?”

The king descended out of view and eventually a carriage was seen leaving the castle. 

“Damn, he pisses me off!” yelled Maria. 

Lily comforted her, “Come on let’s go back inside, we need to properly eat something. I want some juicy meat.”

“Not now, Lily,” Maria replied, looking very sad. She walked back to her private quarters in silence. 

“Get off of me,” Maria said, and Lily did. Sadden by the tone of Maria’s voice she slipped off, allowing Maria to get dressed in proper clothes.  

“Maria-”

“Don’t, I need some time. Please get out.”

“No.”

“Excuse me?”

“I said no, I’m not leaving until you are ok.”

Maria raised her hand to hit Lily and then stopped falling onto the other girl while crying.

“I don’t want you here, leave me as everyone else has. It’s easier for me,” Maria whaled into the girl’s shoulder. 

“Shh it’s ok, I know what it’s like. No one cares if you do well or if you fail or if you’re ok or what your favorite food is, whether or not you need a hug. I know. I did everything for my parents and they cast me aside as if I was worthless. But look at you, how strong you are. You built a city from the ground up, and I care, I’m proud.”

Maria kept sobbing letting Lily stroke her hair. 

Lily continued after a few seconds, “I told you, you don’t have to hold back anymore. Let me handle some of it. Leave it to me ok?”

“Lily?” Maria said quietly as she pulled away. 

“Yeah?”

Maria was quick, she was without clothes again. “Could you do that thing you did with my dress but this time, make sure it’s all over. Something like this maybe?” 

She was holding a skintight dress. 

Lily smiled gently, “Of course!” She quickly melted down into slime, but she didn’t form into what Maria gave her. Instead, it was a plain black skintight suit. 

Maria moaned.

61