Chapter 3: My fiancée isn’t the only one!
244 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

 After quite a while and with the promise of being quiet(through gesture), Theodore let go of the hand. Siri did not seem to respond at first or she did not how to before she inhaled a bit of air and exhaled. Suddenly she said something that blindsided him.

"I don't know why but I feel attracted to you..... Is it weird? On second thought, I feel like I know you from somewhere......."

She then hummed and made a thinking gesture before suddenly saying ah-hah!

"You look exactly like the character Theodore from that world famous Otome game!"

Was the girl in denial or has she not caught up to the event. According to Veronica, he was the sweetheart of every female player who ever played the game.

" Well my name sure is Theodore..."

" Nah man! That's some high level cosplay shit. I never knew 2D characters would look even more attractive in real life."

How to break it to her. Veronica did say majority of the people had black hair so should he compliment her? Will she notice his hinting?

"Well I do believe your long dark green hair is rather beautiful."

To his surprise, Siri made a gagging sound.

"Dude seriously, are you gay? Are you flirting with me? Besides, I am straight as an arrow dude with short black hair and a handso...."

Siri noticed the long green hair that was falling down till her hip. Theodore did not had any words to describe her predicament.

'Oh dear....'

That was how it all fell apart as Theodore quickly applied [Silencio], the barrier that negated sound so as not to wake up half of the residents of the palace from the scream of Siri. However, he did notice his hidden spies arriving with weapon ready. He looked at them and shook his head so that they wouldn't appear and scare the already terrified girl.

"WHERE'S MY DICK!!"

However it did not make her screeching any less painful or children friendly. Siri then went on a 5 minutes of hysterical screaming, pouring his/her heart out at the absurdity of the situation. Theodore let her as he wanted her to understand her position a little bit. So as not to keep her emotions bottled up which would surely erupt at a later time, maybe even in a perilous time since she was his retainer. Therefore why not now within the safe confines of the palace? Veronica adjusted due to her childlike mentality as well as naivetes but he wasn't sure about this one.

After all, it was one thing to be transported from one world to another, and another thing when your gender flipped in the process. Before he could quiet her down Siri looked at him with quite the intensity.

"You there! What is my name?"

Hmm? What's with the change in tone?

"Siri."

He could clearly hear her mumbling.

".....isn't that the aide of Prince Theodore? One of the impossible target? Don't tell me it is because that Siri is a girl?"

"Well that is true. You were a girl before you died."

"What?"

Siri showed a confused face as Theodore explained.

"Well, Siri took a blow meant to kill me. She died then and there but I revived her using my ability."

It wasn't as if she could leave him. She couldn't survive without his Mana and he could feel a part of his soul still inside her, meaning he could control her if he wanted to, if push comes to shove. She was maintaining autonomy for now but if he really wanted her to do something, she really couldn't stop him. But that was unlike him when he found an interesting subje-..... person. He really should keep an ear out for unusual people or for unusual ideas because it could be people like Siri and Veronica appearing. Right now Siri was still shell-shocked. Then he was grabbed by the collar and Siri started screaming at him.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!!"

If any person out there did like this to him, Theo would instantly hit that person with devastating magic since actions like this usually meant his assassination. It must have showed in his face as Siri suddenly flinched when candles suddenly lit out. The atmosphere turned chilly as Theo could feel the full extent of his Mana pool converging around the room. Suddenly, he spoke in a monotone way.

"Hands off..."

"Hiii!!!"

Siri screamed. He didn't like the scared look on her face but it was to establish who was in control. True he could be merciful and humane than his brothers but he did have his limit which she was getting close to. He sat down on the chair while Siri was far away near the wall. The candle lit once more and the room brightened up. He spoke gently.

"Come here." 

Siri shook her head but she moved towards him. She looked confused before stammering in fear, as she was not in control of her body.

"W-wha-what! How! Why!"

Theodore replied in a normal tone, neither gentle nor condescending.

"Let me make it clear to you, Siri."

Siri looked at him with a healthy amount of fear and confusion.

That expression still stung a little. Theo did had a year or so bond with the original Siri. He would not admit but he was getting fond of her as the only friends as she was also hailed a prodigy in sword due to her blessing. She understood a part of him, even if she wasn't as insanely strong as him, she was cut above the rest. That apathetic, with a touch of sympathy face of his friend suddenly morphed into fearful one sat ill with him.

He tried to be a bit gentle.

"The original Siri died while protecting me. The body you are in is a husk, controlled by my ability. This allows me to control that body as a puppet would. But it has autonomy and functions with my will. But now you are here but it doesn't mean that I can't control it. I still do and I did just that."

Siri's body shook a bit. Seeing that Theo's expression turned a bit gentle as he tried to soothe her.

" I know you are confused and lost, to have yourself suddenly transported in a foreign land, away from your family and friends within a wrong body and gender. I can't claim to know that feeling but here we are. You will have no time to mourn because you are my chosen retainer who will stay with me till the end of the line. I will not claim that I can protect you till the future but the you right now? I will protect you till you can stand on your own feet and protect me instead."

Then there was silence. Siri looked at him in awe. Her eyes were wide before she shook her head.

"That.... Thar was an awesome speech! I don't know why but my heart seemed to beat so fast even though I am not into guy! You voice and expression is so destructive and quite manipulative!"

She pouted at him, a plus which reminded him she was not the Siri he had known. Though she was leagues above her earlier mood, he would see uncertainty in her eyes. She hid it well, he would give her that. She narrowed her eyes at him and said.

"You manipulated my feelings into forgetting my trouble. You know how cringe it was? But the way you said made it seem so dreamy...."

Siri looked away from him, he could see her shaking.

"Everything you said earlier...... was it true?"

Theo was stunned for a while but he smiled. At least she was willing to believe in him.

"Yes, swear my heart and hope to die..... I will protect you till you can stand up in this world with your own feet."

Siri laughed before she looked at him.

"Until I can stand up on my feet, eh? Does that mean I can go on my own way?"

"Nope. You are eternally connected to me, my Mana supports your life. So you can't stay away from me."

Siri seemed to ponder for a while before she grinned. She closed her fist and stretched out to him. Theo looked confused for a while before Siri spoke.

"I was an introvert but I heard this is how you become bros for life. I guess since we are connected we help each other then?"

Theo closed his eyes and chuckled a bit.

"If that's what assures you, then we can."

Theo bumped his fist. Though he added cheekily.

"Though I am technically your superior."

Siri giggled for a while before she started swaying a bit.

"Yeah.... guess...that's true.....I.... feel... tired.... Gonna... take a... nap... bro..."

Then she collapsed in his arms. It seemed that the stress had finally taken it's toll. Well Theo decided to give her the bed while he looks at the balcony. The silver moon rays enters the room as Theo pushes the curtain away to reveal the shining silver moon in the sky. He reaches out his right hand to the moon before closing it as he remembered the fist bump. He smiles genuinely. The stars shines as he seemed to shine alongside it, which conveyed his feeling right now. He remembered Veronica and then Siri.

"Is this the way you insert color into my life?"

He giggled like a child.

"If it is so then I am loving it. I really do... If it is them then surely I can. I am in the mood to celebrate this occasion."

Theo looks back at the shadowy figures in the dark corners of his room. His hidden bodyguards.

"Leave now..."

They bowed and swiftly left the premise. They knew how strong he was. None were capable of harming him, after all that was how he made them submit to them in the first place. All of them were defeated by a kid who hadn't even entered his teen! All left except one. Theo narrowed his eyes before sighing.

"I said leave but still you won't. Then you can stay but out of my sight."

The figure nodded and disappeared. Theo then walked up to the balcony overlooking the capital city. It was dark as it was almost midnight. The gentle breeze seemed to sway his hair. Just as he was relaxing, he felt a tremor in the space in the balcony. Just as it was amazing to see the rare application of [Space Magic] he wasn't in the mood to be ruined his moment. Just as he was about to blast whichever impressive Assassin this was, he halted as a silly voice sounded.

"Heguk!"

What the hell was that silly noise? Then suddenly he heard a squeak. Was it a mutant mouse?

"What? Huh? Isn't this the Prince Theodore's room?"

Yes, yes it was. Theo stayed his hand as he was now more curious as the voice sounded close to his own age and that of a girl. Was it case of mistaken [Teleport] then?

"Uwu! This is the first time Heroine meets her Prince Charming wasn't it?"

Hmm? Now it was getting more interesting. Theo kept quiet as he stared at the figure in front of him who was oblivious that Theo was behind her. He couldn't see but he could see her shaking. Before he could surprise her, he heard a hiss.

"That bastard fucking Prince! How dare he leave Veronica when she did everything for him? She even fell to the dark side so that she could help him search his destined one! I know he had a cruel childhood and a trauma but if he had searched just a bit more then he could have easily seen through Veronica's mask!"

She did do good in keeping her voice down. So his initial guess was correct then. Veronica showed him a mask and he was led around so easily by the original Veronica thinking she was another one of those attention seeker. He had already labeled her that before he had even met her in the engagement. 

'I guess I lack vision for the future...'

An area he needs to improve on. But right now he looked in front of him to see the girl doing something. But it was hard to see what she was doing since all he could see was the back of her white-gown and white braided hair that reached her back. Theo however could hear her speaking.

"Hehehe maybe I will spook him then? Become a ghost and say don't leave Veronica? Traumatize him? Hmph, just wait you good looking smuck! When I enter the Academy, I will protect Veronica-sama! I am not the idiot protagonist!"

Theo doubted that last sentence though but he kept quiet as she was encroaching his bed where he had laid Siri. Siri would not wake up, he made sure of that. After all she needed that rest. But he was a bit curious on what she would do. He heard her rambling again.

"Hehehe maybe the best way would be to beat him silly? I always wanted to do that since I played the game till the last! Well except the DLC."

Now he would intervene. Theo would not allow that to his 'bro'.

"I wish you'd not do that."

The girl suddenly stilled. Suddenly and mechanically she slowly looked back to see Theo crossing his arm. Then she looked at the figure sleeping in his bed, back to him and again to the bed before asking hesitatingly.

"Umm... then who's sleeping here? Huh.... no way.... you lecherous bastard!"

"It's Siri."

He cut the misunderstanding swiftly. The self-proclaimed Heroine suddenly lifted the bedsheet to see a sleeping Siri. She seemed to blush.

“I-is that Siri, the impossible capture target? He’s way more beautiful on the flesh!”

"Who's the lecherous one now?"

Theo remarked dryly. She snapped at him.

"Shush! Why is he here?"

"Well he is my retainer?"

"Valid point."

"......."

"......."

"Why are you here?"

He was curious about that. How did she come here without alerting the barrier surrounding the palace? The girl seemed to fidget.

"Could you conveniently forget everything I have said in the past minute?"

He looked at her as if she was a moron. She felt herself that she was a moron by the look he gave her.

'She is like Veronica but she hates me for what I did in the future.'

He assessed the situation as that. But he raised another point.

"But it is about my fiancée, I am worried for her now."

She narrowed her eyes as she seemed to hiss like a cat whose tail had been stepped on.

"I won't give you Veronica nee-sama!"

Theo smiled at her coldly. Since she was so determined, he would show it as well. A bit childish but to talk to her like an adult, he felt that it would just go above her head. So he was direct.

"Well nothing you can do."

She stammered a bit before becoming angry and started cursing at him. He had applied [Silencio] barrier already so he stuck out his tongue. 

'Heh... she is fun to tease because she is an idiot. These otherworld people....'

Then suddenly she started to glow. Theo could feel the rift in space. It was [Reverse Teleportation]. Theo knew who she was already, even then he still asked her.

"What is your name?"

She rewarded him by 'hmph' and suddenly she disappeared. Theo grinned at another element of randomness inserted into this world. Really it was getting more and more interesting. What and who was behind it?

6