15.0
306 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rebuild the race--

Rebuild the race--

Rhuda's mind looped Vegetas' words so much that when she saw Trunks tap down at Conton City Plaza in front of her she blurted out, "Rebuild the race?!"

"..."

Of course Trunks reared away like she'd just spoken in tongues or something. He scratched his head, "Uhh? Come again?"

"Nothing! S-Stop looking at me!"

"Pfft.." Trunks chuckled at Rhudas' adorability and looked off as instructed to spare her further embarrassment. He coughed. "So...tonight..."

"Yes, I'm free! Totally free!"

Ahh, what am I saying? Rhuda thought with mortification. She wanted to cut off her bastard tongue before it did anything else on its own. Instead of that she poked her index fingers together and added, "I--I mean...if you're asking me...to--to do something...I'm free."

Trunks took one deep breath after another. His heart was racing, unable to cope with how stupid cute Rhuda was. His cheeks were burning, remembering how she was so innocent that she'd actually gotten off from just his tail petting. Of course that led into other, not so innocent thoughts Trunks shouldn't have out in the open, lest he get a raging boner.

He needed to calm down.

"Yeah. Tonight," he began, "I wanted to ask if you would like to go to the mall with me. Or something. We don't have to, I mean, in fact it's probably not the best place to go---Ahh, never mind." Lamely Trunks dipped his head with self deprecation. So much for being a fierce saiyan warrior.

Rhudas' tail wagged with excitement. "No, no, I would love to go. T-That is, if you don't mind being with me."

"O-Of course not!"

"T-Then it's settled." 

Trunks puffed out a sigh of relief and bowed. "See you tonight. T-Take care...Rhuda."

"Right! I-I will!"

Trunks flew off to the Time Nest, and Rhuda hurriedly jumped up to catch her heart that had escaped and floated to the sky. She shoved it back into her chest and melted to her knees. "He's...so...perfect..."

Perfect didn't cover it, though, she solely argued. Trunks was handsome, smart, kind, and strong--with enchanting good looks, like, like, "--Like Legolas!" She said a loud.

"Legolas?"

Shallot poked the back of her head and Rhuda spun, smacking his cheeks with her long brunette pig tails. "Ow. Damn, put a warning on those or something," he said with a rub to his welted face.

"Sorry!"

"Ah, anyway. What're you doing talking to yourself, noodle head?"

"D-Don't mind me. It was just...well, girl talk."

Shallots eyes glazed over. "Really. I thought it took more than one girl to have girl talk. Unless you have an imaginary friend?"

Rhuda puffed her cheeks out and jabbed his chest, "B-Be quiet, Shallot! You're killing my good mood, you know? I have a date tonight! A real, okay--maybe not real--a--a--" 

"--Okay. Slow down there Nellie. Let me get this straight, you've got a date with Mr. Perfect. Am I right?" Shallot quirked.

"Yes! So, I don't have time to do a PQ right now." She bowed, "I'm sorry. It will have to be another day."

"..."

Before Shallot could respond Rhuda had taken off for lands unknown.

***

 

Rhuda paced back and forth at the top of the Time Nest. Patrollers passed by her with a curious stare, but the teen saiyan couldn't be bothered. Only one thought was on her mind: Trunks.

He was Mr. Perfect. The knight from erotic novels breathed into flesh. Long shimmery lilac hair that any little girl would die to braid, blue eyes the shade of ocean water in the clearest sea, the body of Zeus, with a brain that could turn any cold case on its head. The--the--

Rhuda blushed. "He's...really my...boyfriend?"

There was a loud growl of annoyance. It wasn't her, so Rhuda jerked her head up to see one tall namekian there wearing a white cape that billowed. Atop his bald green had was a white turban, and his arms were crossed. "Are you done?" He asked in his gravel voice.

"Eh--I-I'm sorry!" She squeaked.

[System: Piccolo]

"Yeah, whatever. I'm trying to meditate and it's hard to think over your loud description of Trunks." Piccolo said with a sharp glare.

"S-Sorry!"

"Tch. A date huh." 

Rhuda bowed in apology and said, "Yes....I'm sorry I disturbed you. I'm just...very nervous."

"You don't say."

A tumbleweed blew across them. Piccolo looked up at the sky and said, "Listen. Trunks...is a good person. Just be yourself."

"Y-Yes! I-I will my very best! Thank you, Mr. Piccolo."

Rhuda bowed again and Piccolo coughed. "Mr. Piccolo...been a while since I've heard that one," he mumbled as Rhuda ran down the steps.

She jumped up to the transporter where she could ramble in peace, but found Goku there tapping his blue booted foot. "Awww, c'mon...work, work," he grumbled.

"Goku?" Rhuda asked, trying to see what he was doing.

Goku turned and she could see he held a cell phone in his hand. He frowned at it. "Man! I just can't get this. Say, are you any good with these boxes?"

"M-Maybe. What's the matter with it?"

He shrugged. "I have no idea! It just went black!"

Rhuda took it from his hand and double tapped the screen. It popped up with a Low Battery symbol. "Oh. It needs charged," she said, "See this? That's the battery sign."

"Battery sign? Man, where do I buy another one of those at?" Goku pouted. "This is the third one this month."

T-Third one?! Rhuda thought.

"W-Well, the phone should have had a cord that came with it," Rhuda explained calmly. She was reminded of the elderly. 

"Hmm..." Goku put his hand under his chin in thought. Finally he pointed. "Oh! That snake looking thing, right?"

"S-Snake...? Ah--m-maybe." 

"Yeah. I totally threw it outside." Goku sighed. "There goes that."

"...Well, uhm...you can get another one at the store," she told him. He brightened up and grabbed her arm, pulling her through the transporter to Capsule Industries, before putting two fingers to his forehead---

---and they erupted into a clothing store.

Rhuda looked around, seeing nothing but clothes and surprised faces of civilians. She smiled at the nearest woman who dropped her bra and dashed out of the ladies section screaming. Goku, being innocent, blinked at the reaction and said, "Huh. Wonder what spooked her."

It was you! Rhuda thought. 

She quickly told him that a clothing store wouldn't work. That led into Goku attempting time and time again to find the correct store, successfully managing to scare literally everyone away, until at last appearing at an electronics store. "Here!" Rhuda shouted, "Here. It's...here."

"Phew. Good. I was beginning to think I'd have to go to the forest and hunt one," he said with relief.

With sweat dripping from her cheek Rhuda found the target, a black USB-C cord, and handed it to Goku. "This is a charging cable. Uhm, you plug it in here--" she demonstrated, "--and you have to put this part into the wall."

"In the wall? How will that help?"

Rhudas' forehead itched with annoyance. She swallowed it down and said, "...Why don't I just show you?"

"Sure! That'd be great!"

Goku teleported them to his home. It was quaint, round and reminded Rhuda of a grandmothers home. There were family pictures on the wall and Rhuda stared at them a moment before saying, "So, this is what you put in the wall."

"Are you sure about that?" Goku asked, looking at the USB-C cord to the wall. "I don't see how putting it through the wall will fix it."

"N-No, not like that. Let me show you."

Rhuda demonstrated what to do and Goku nodded. "Okay. Sweet! So, now what?"

"This is the power button. When the battery is fully charged it turns green here, and you power the phone on like this." Again she showed him what to do. He nodded dutifully. "Ok! Not too hard. Sure beats buying a new one every time that battery sign pops up."

"Mhm."

"Thanks a bunch Rhuda! Say, where were you headed to anyway? Secret training?"

"No....I have a date with Trunks tonight." Rhuda said with a heavy blush.

"WOAH! No way! Good job!" Goku clapped her shoulder excitedly. "Aw, this means we have to break up. And here I was just getting used to having a cute little saiyan girlfriend." He chuckled good naturedly.

*CRASH*

It was the sound of plates breaking.

Goku squeaked like a girl and ducked behind Rhuda, "Hide me!"

"Ano--"

Two red devil eyes glared from the doorway leading to the kitchen. The eyes belonged to Chichi, Gokus' wife. She threw a dishtowel to the floor. "WHAT DID I JUST HEAR?!"

[System: Chichi]

Goku yipped. "It was a joke! A joke! Tell her, Rhuda! Please?"

Rhuda gulped. "It's true. Goku was only helping me make Trunks jealous.."

Chichi went from devil to angel in two seconds flat. She sighed and clapped her hands together, "Oh! In that case, never mind me! Goku, why didn't you tell me sooner? Trunks has a girlfriend?! This is so exciting! It's about time he found a proper woman to marry!"

Flustered, Rhuda could only listen as Chichi began to ramble: "Oh, young love~ Was it love at first sight?"

"I--"

"--What am I saying? Of course it was! How sweet. Don't worry, I'll help you plan the wedding. We have to invite everyone! Ahh, reminds me of when I met Goku. We were so little then..."

Goku sighed and put his hand on Rhudas' shoulder. "Well, we've gotta go...do some serious training! Right, Rhuda?" He winked.

"Uh, yes?" Rhuda agreed.

Chichi glared at the two of them in a no nonsense sort of way. She huffed, "Goku! You have to make sure nothing goes wrong! You hear me? Trunks needs this!"

"I--I dunno about that now, Chichi--" Goku began.

"--Goookuuu...." Chichi warned. Her eyebrow was twitching.

Her husband rubbed the back of his head and hurriedly said, "Yeah! Yeah! Totally! I'll uh, get right on that. Well, let's go Rhuda. You know what they say, the early bird catches the worm!"

"Right." 

The two vanished, leaving behind a Chichi who turned to her broken dishes with a sigh. "That man..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

3