9 October 2016 – Starry
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

9 October 2016

Sunday

 

Dear diary,

Daddy has come home early today! It was four in the afternoon when I heard the front doorknob move. At first, I was kind of scared. There have been a few cases of burgleries that I have seen on the news over the past few weeks. How scary! Anyways when I saw daddy's figure coming in, I was really happy! Even though I often miss daddy during the weekdays, I usually get to see him on weekends. Due to him being busy this weekend, I thought we would mostly miss each other this entire week!

Daddy was wearing a black jacket that looked comfy. In his left hand was a plastic bag, it must be the sushi! Daddy had a bright smile on his face as he placed his shoes at the doorstep. He then went to the dining table as we both looked at the tray of sushi that he brought back. Although it was only four and I just had lunch at twelve, my stomach was already rumbling with anticeepation.

Wow! There was a wide array of sushi here. There were a few seaweed rolls with asorted flavors, calieforenia rolls (or whatever the western people call them), tuna and salmon sashimi and even some inari sushi! Umi likes to eat the sweet inaris! I cannot understand why adults like to eat raw fish with soy sauce and wasabi. They just taste so fishy, yucks. Therefore, the sashimi was mainly eaten by daddy while most of the nice and sweet sushi was eaten by me! Yum, sweet inari sushis always taste good! Daddy seems to be happily enjoying his sushi as well as he silently ate his meal. By the time we were done, it was around five-thirty in the evening. It is already October you know! As winter slowly approaches, the day gets shorter and nights get longer. That is what I learned in science class!

Anyways by the time we were done with washing the dishes (it piled up over the weekend, tehee), the sun had mostly set and the stars could be seen hanging in the night sky. Tonight, the moon was a small crescent. I had a bath with daddy today! It was really a long time since we actually had a bath together, as daddy said I am a big girl now! Still, I do take the chance to ask for such when he goes on long trips. It sure is nice to have someone to wash my back! Daddy's back is very wide! Today was a really good day after all!

--

From this point, I have to write from the next day since I had only written it after I woke up. After the bath and writing my previous entry, daddy slowly moved the couch to the window as he took out a can of beer and watched the night sky. I asked him if I could join him. He said yes, though I could not drink any beer. Ewww, who likes that bitter piss-like juice anyways. I jumped onto his lap and got comfortable. Therefore, we both ended up staring at the stars in the sky silently. I am not sure when, but I apparently fell asleep on daddy's lap at one point. The next thing I knew, I was on my bed and the sun had already risen.

All in all, Umi is very happy throughout yesterday! Dear diary, I hope that these happy days can continue!

 

-Katou Umi

 

0