31 October 2016 – Spooky
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

31 October 2016

Monday

 

Today is Halloween! Many of the kids in lower grades are excited about it as they get to go and say "trick or treat!". In fact, many teachers including Thomas-sensei had brought a bunch of sweets which they distributed to their respective classes. I also got one caramel sweet from the nice Thomas-sensei! But, Umi is no longer that excited about this, I am already grown up. Daddy is also busy on weekdays so there is no one to trick or treat at home as well. Anyways, the festival preparation is going rather smoothly. It is only six days away before the school festival starts! Our class is already almost done with all the work as we are now just finishing up the final touches.

There were a few issues that popped out over the past few weeks. I guess the main one would be how Ruri-chan and her group complained why I get to go home early. Minase-sensei had already explained to the class that I had to go home alone and that I was from a family with a 'special cercomstance' (no I am from a very normal family, thank you!). Still, the fuss ended up getting bigger until the whole class was getting rowdy. Our math (and homeroom) teacher was not able to calm the class down and she looked troubled. The scary discipline master, Matsukashi-sensei, actually stopped by due to the large commotion. He listened to how this happened and told the class to accept the result. He then stopped by my table and actually dropped a rice paper bunny sweet! Okay, maybe he really wasn't that scary after all! Everything was resolved peacefully and ended well.

Well, not everything to be honest. Ruri-chan and her group still throw mean words behind my back. But I won't care, Umi is more mature than them! I do not want to get into trouble just because of a bunch of immature kids, after all! I guess more people in Umi's class hate her now, not that it matters. My only friend is Karin, the rest of them are just distant aquintances.

Anyways, since some families do celebrate Halloween. Most class activities and such ended pretty early today, so I can go home early. Since we have already completed all festival preparation, the amount of homework increased back to its usual number. Aww, I enjoyed it when I only had to spend thirty minutes on homework. By the time I was done with everything, it was six at night.

I was already ready to take out a cup of ramen as I heard the front doorknob turn. Turning around, I thought that I would see daddy. Oh no! There was a large figure with a wolf-like mask. Beside it, there was also a smaller figure wearing a paper bag. This is bad, is this the legendary house burglery? I was honestly scared at this point. I heard that some children also get kidnapped for something known as a ransom. This would definitely trouble daddy. Umi cannot get caught and 'ransomed'.

As the two figures slowly walked towards me, I shouted at them to get away from me. I was panicking as I ran around looking for things to throw, but the closest things were the cushions on the couch. Therefore, I threw the cushions. Phoosh! Phoosh! Mr. Wolf caught the two cushions that I threw. Now, I had no ammo left. I was shivering in fright as the big bad wolf and paper bag person approached me.

And then, "Trick or Treat!" was said out in a happy tone as the two scary figures took off their masks.

So, one of the masked figures was daddy! How mean! Umi thinks that he is 1/1000000th times less handsome than before. Meanwhile, there is this new lady with beautiful blue hair that I have never seen before. Apparently, she is one of daddy's friends who has dropped by to visit. It seems like wearing this mask was her idea, not daddy's. Of course, there is no way that daddy would won't to scare his cute and adorable Umi on purpose, right? Daddy had a helpless smile as he introduced the both of us. Looks like this aunty's sister's (she wants me to call her that) name is Ao. So Ao-nee is a long time friend of daddy who will be staying with us for the next month! Wow, we finally have a third person living in our apartment! That has never happened for as long as I have known! This will be great! Ao-nee also brought a wonderful orange caramel cake for me! I am very happy!

Dear diary, there may have been sad things happening in school and such. But Umi prays that many happy days are to come! Umi has left a drawing of the nasty surprise daddy and Ao-nee planned. There is also a polaroid picture which I will keep here so I can remember Ao-nee even after she has to leave.

 

P.S. Ao-nee's chest is so big, probably the biggest I have seen even compared to all the other mothers during parents' day. I hope I can be like her in the future.

 

-Katou Umi

0