Episode 14.5 – Reo Leyford
600 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reo’s POV


 

Sigh…

I want to meet Sena.

Sigh…

Lately, it’s very hard to find him free at all. Sena also “graduated” already so our time in class together become only in homeroom class.

Sigh…

Even though he still comes to the academy frequently. It’s either club activity or training.

Sigh...

It even became harder to ask him to help me with homework at all.

Sigh…

Don’t you get tired at all, Sena?

Sigh…

“He won’t come even if you keep sighing like that, Reo.”

“Huh…? Oh.. it’s Vivi.”

“What’s wrong, Reo? Missing Sena already~?”

“Muuu. I’m not.”

“Really?”

“I’m only thinking when Sena is free. That’s all, Vivi.”

“Isn’t that what’s called ‘missing for’ already?”

“Haa….”

“Now now. You can still see him everyday right? Like you know, Reo. Didn’t today you two come together?”

“I want to see Sena more often too. I miss Sena already.”

“So you do missing him huh…”

“But Reo always meet Sena in homeroom class, right?”

“Not enough~ Mari still comes even if she has graduated already, but why Sena won’t come too? Do you know why, Mari?”

“Eh that’s…”

“It’s obviously because Mari still want to spent more time in class with everyone, so she still comes from time to time. Sena on the other hand… maybe he doesn’t even miss you at all, Reo…”

“Ugu…”

“V-vivi..”

“A-ahaha.. sorry that was a joke. Please don’t take it to heart. I’m sure Sena has his own reason.”

“Vivi so mean..”

“Like I said, sorry, sorry, Reo. ahaha.”

… …

… … …

I thought it’s only for a while, but Sena became harder and harder to meet since the semester started. Though that’s not the main problem… well maybe it is, a bit. But the most important one is, I wonder if Sena is taking care of his body. I just hope he doesn’t overwork himself again. It was just a few days ago he passed out inside his training room.

I wonder what turned Sena this way. Is it something that happened during holiday? If I remember he was in giant monsters appearance scene. Was he traumatized? Is that the reason? Though I think it’s something a bit different.

… …

As I thought I’m a bit worried with Sena. So I often visit Sena during recess time to remind him to rest.

“Hmm… it’s this time already. Miss Eiselstein, that’s fine already. You can go back to the seat. Okay, let’s have this problem as homework, plus five problems on page 98 section F.2. Have a nice day.”

A second period class just ended and it’s recess for the next 15 minutes.

“Reo, are you going to see Sena again?”

“Un”

“His face looked a bit bad this morning, can you check if he’s fine? I told him about it, but he just brushed it off. Maybe he will listen to you, Reo.”

“I did, but he won’t listen too…”

“Really… what’s wrong with him.”

“I’m going now, Vivi.”

“Un. Later, Reo.”

Buying a can of cold milk on the way, I go to Sena’s training room.

*Knock knock*

Arriving in front of the training room, I knocked on the door. First time here, I actually just headed inside without knocking, but then Sena severely scolded me for it. Apparently being around him when he is training is dangerous, since you can get electrocuted. Since then, I started restraining myself and started practicing to knock before entering.

“Please enter.”

After given the ok, I entered the room.

“Sena~”

Finally I can see his face.

“Eh? Is it recess already?”

“Un. Here.”

I offer Sena a can of cold milk. Sena said that he likes cold drink after training, so I have been buying him cold milk, since he is still in growing period. I heard somewhere that milk can help you grow taller. I don’t want Sena to stay short after all.

“Thanks.”

*Gulp gulp*

“Sena is… lately working really hard isn’t he?”

I started to ask question that’s been nagging me.

“Mmn?”

Sena just looked confused.

“Don’t you need to rest, Sena?”

“Rest? I do get enough rest though…”

He doesn’t even realize it…

“But, whenever I see Sena, it’s always either studying, training, or studying and training.”

“Well… I rest too. You just don’t know it.”

Sorry, but I’m not convinced, Sena.

“muuu” *Stare*

“W-what?”

Let’s make sure.

“Do you really rest properly?”

“Un”

“Sena hasn’t passed out again, has he?”

“N-no, not yet.”

Does he plan to??!

“Not yet? So it would happen again?”

“It w--”

“Sena!”

Sena suddenly went limp. Being next to him, I’m just in time to catch his falling body.

“Huh…?”

It seems he lost his consciousness only for a moment.

“Sena! Sena… you are fine, aren’t you?”

I shake Sena’s body.

“Nnmm…? Reo…?”

After allowing him to rest a bit, I help Sena to go to the infirmary.

Telling the school doctor on what happened, I got the permission to stay beside Sena while he rests on the bed.

I stay beside Sena throughout the day, while skipping class. Ms. Greta probably will get mad. But it can’t be helped, I’m worried about Sena after all. Yup, it’s definitely not because I haven’t done the next class’ homework.

While at it let’s try to ask Sena what’s wrong.

Finally after trying for a bit I managed to get him to answer me properly this time.

Though the answer I got is really surprising.

“Because I want to protect everyone.”

“Protect everyone?”

“Un. I don’t know if you will believe me, but actually I’m not originally from this world. I was reincarnated into this world.”

“Reincarnated?”

“Yup. In my past life this w-... I mean… your world was a game world. And Reo, you are one of the main characters in the game’s story.”

Game world? Story?

“I see you are a bit confused. Let’s see… okay. It’s easier to think that your world was a fictional one in my past life, and it was the setting of a fictional story of the game I used to play in my past life. Furthermore, Reo, you are one of that story’s main characters.”

“I’m a character in a fictional story?”

“Ah, of course that was in my past life. The you in front of me definitely is a real human being and not a fictional character. Hmm… maybe it’s easier to start way back before I reincarnated.

I was actually a human from different world. In that world I was a 28 year old man with hobby of about anything related to mecha and robot. Because of that I played a lot of mecha and robot games. I also watched lot of animated mecha shows. Furthermore I collect quite a bit of mecha franchise model kids. Though those are not important details haha…

Anyway it seemed one day during work, I died. On that particularly tiring day, there was a lot of work and I probably fell unconscious from overexerting myself. Then… the next time light entered my eyes, I was already turned into a baby. I actually still have memory of being in the delivery room.

Fast forward several years later, I learnt that the world I born in, that is this world, is actually one from this one game I used to play. Though the game story actually will only start several years later, maybe about 12 to 13 years in the future if calculated from now.

At that time there will be war enveloping the world. You will serve aboard a federal military experimental battleship. You and everyone in that ship will play pivotal role in determining the future of the war. Though there are several endings possible in the game so I don’t know exactly how the future turn out. Beside now I’m here, the future might be different from the story.

Fast forward few years later, I met you for the first time onboard a ship due to Earth. Though I didn’t realize it at first that you are one of the game story main characters.

So with the knowledge of the future, I had planned to steer away from the war and keep myself and my important people safe.

But then I met you, and the initial plan of staying far away from the war must be changed. Because otherwise I can’t protect you, Reo.

So, after realizing that you are one of the story main characters, I started to put more effort on preparing myself for the inevitable war in the future. But then another event put this plan into the trash bin too.

That was the space-time quake and the merging of parallel worlds.

What I soon found out is that, the merging worlds are all worlds which are settings for various mecha themed stories from my past life. Along with those worlds are also various dangers that may result in world destruction.

After that I became even unsure of my ability to protect my important people. That’s why I tried to do things a little bit harder. Though, the result is like what you can see, it seems I have overdid it. My growing body can’t handle that much yet.

I’m really sorry, maybe… I actually was a bit excited when I learnt that various worlds of my favorite mecha stories is merging with this one.

I was and maybe am still excited that I’m living in world of my dream. But on the other hand, I know that there will be dangers threatening everyone. That’s why in exchange for letting me to live in this world, I will protect everyone.

Though maybe that too is just my selfish wish-fulfilment reason.

Sorry, Reo.

Sorry for keeping silent.”

I’m speechless. I don’t even know how I should respond. But at least, now I know from where most of Sena’s mysteriousness came.

“Umm? You don’t have anything to say?”

“Ah, sorry sorry. It’s just… I don’t know what to say. I’m not as smart as Sena, so I don’t really know what to say when Sena suddenly revealing something so big…”

For now I think let’s try thinking it over carefully.

“Huh, you believe me?”

*Nod* “Un. I know Sena is not lying at all.”

Yes, Sena is not lying at all. But he feels insecure thinking I won’t believe him. Let’s reassure him first.

“Really…?”

“Un. Didn’t I say it before? I can know someone else’s heart. And you see, Sena. I just learnt it during entrance examination but I’m an angel too.”

“Angel? Eh? Really?”

“Un. I was told that my ability is called ‘telepath’. But I also have another ability to read someone else’s feeling. So I know when someone is lying or not. And Sena is… being honest?”

“I see.”

“Sena didn’t know?”

“Eh why would I… ah…”

“Doesn’t Sena know the future?”

“No, in that world game, it’s not revealed that you are an angel, Reo.”

“Really?”

“That, or maybe this world is really different from what I know. Then maybe the story about war too might be different to this world.”

“Then isn’t it great? Sena won’t have to overwork himself.”

*Shake head* "Sorry… it might be different but I still think the world is in danger.”

“Why?”

“Because even if there are changes, there will still be war. There will also dangers from other worlds that merged with this one.”

“Sena is really serious, isn’t he?”

“Un. Sorry for being selfish.”

“Then I will help Sena.”

“Huh?”

“I will help Sena protecting this world. I’m not doing it for this world though. It’s because Sena will fall someday if there is no one watching his back.”

“I don’t want to put you in danger, Reo.”

“Even if Sena says it like that, didn’t he also said that I will be in danger either way. I will enter the military and take a big part in the war of the future.”

“That is… I will take responsibility for it, so you don’t have to--”

*Shake shake* "Unnn. Sena will protect this world. In exchange, I will protect Sena’s back. Please don’t try to stop me, Sena.”

“It will be dangerous.”

“I know.”

“You might die you know.”

“Sena will protect me, won’t he?”

“I will. But you will still get hurt a lot that way.”

“I’m happy as long as Sena protects me.”

“You will probably change your mind later.”

“I won’t.”

“We will see.”

“It’s actually Sena who doesn’t want me to change my mind, isn’t he?”

“Huh..? Me?”

*Nod* “Un. Sena, can I tell you another secret? Actually.. my ability gets stronger the closer I am to the other person. Right now, I can see it clearly, Sena’s feeling.”

“Huh?”

“‘Please don’t leave me alone’ it says.”

“No way. T-that’s not true..”

“Sena wants me to be safe, but he is also afraid being alone. He feels guilty for wanting to put me in danger just to be with him.”

“…”

“There is no way I can leave Sena alone like this. Even If it’s dangerous and scary, I’m more scared of losing Sena. So, please let me be with you, Sena.”

“Sigh… do as you wish then.”

“Un. I will.”

After that we chat a bit more especially about Sena’s past life.

“Sena, don’t forget to rest from time to time, OK?”

“Un. Sorry. I will ask the Professor’s help to watch me over this time.”

Finally he is a little bit less stubborn this time.

 

9