Intermission 1 – Changing World
785 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

July-13th-SY102

An unprecedented global disaster known as space-time quake struck the world.

From official description, It was an event where there appeared anomalies at various points of space-time.

Following the disaster, a chain of events forever changing landscape of the world happened.

.

.

.

On the same day,

appearance of “Another Japan” and its island chains in the southern hemisphere of Atlantic, just few hundred kilometers to the west of South African Coast.

Appearance of high-activity space-time instabilities surrounding the whole African Continent, cutting it off from the rest of the world. It is unknown when or whether these instabilities will disappear.

Miraculous accelerated terraforming of Mars. It was estimated that within a year, significant portion of Mars would be able to sustain human life.

Merging of several areas particularly in America and Eurasian Continent with those of other “worlds”.

.

.

.

July-14th-SY102,

in North America, appeared a monarchical nation called Holy Arkadian Empire.

Almost at the same time in South America appeared an advanced nation, UNION.

.

.

.

July-15th-SY102,

in Europe an advanced nation called NEST, New European Society Territorium, appeared in Europe.

.

.

.

July-17th-SY102,

an alliance comprising of mostly East Asian countries, called Grand East Alliance or simply The Alliance, were declared.

.

.

.

The space-time quake and its anomalies threw the whole world order into chaos. The situation was especially tense in both America and Eurasia Continent. Civil wars might erupt at any time.

.

.

.

Later that year, on December-SY102,

the first war, war of supremacy between Arkadian Empire and UNION, broke out. The trophy of this war is the American Continent only space elevator.

Not long after, NEST and Alliance also started their own war of supremacy within their own sphere of influence in Europe and Asia respectively.

In UNION-Arkadia War, at first UNION was pressuring the Empire because of their incumbent hold over the elevator, however a sudden disaster struck UNION.

.

.

.

On March-7th-SY103,

An apparently big explosion blew up on Antarctica, causing tsunami over much of Southern Atlantic area and to limited degree Southern Indian and Pacific Ocean, with most damage is in Southern America where most UNION territory was. The disaster turned the tide of war in Arkadian’s favor.

Official description is, the big explosion was actually a high kinetic meteor impact striking Antarctica. The results of this disaster are no less strange.

A body of water in Southern Atlantic extending from a region of Antarctica to the southern edge of “another Japan” turned blood red and became devoid of lives. The cause was red fluid, later to be called PCL, which doesn’t mix with water flowing from the supposedly meteor fragments.

In the said region of Antarctica also appeared an anomalous space-time region, when viewed from the space there are red concentric circles with cross cutting through them. The said region is inaccessible to any probing. Reason is unknown, but was speculated to be space-time anomaly similar to the one wrapping African Continent.

.

.

.

Wars are raging throughout Earth. UEF peacekeeping forces tried to suppress the chaos only to fail to do so. In the end UEF itself were forced to move its headquarter to an orbital colony.

At first no one know when the flame of war would go out

...until a sudden appearance of an apparent group of saviors.

.

.

.

December-24th-SY103

Calling themselves Divine Beings of The Ragnarok, they started running amok around the warzones attacking all sides until each stop fighting. They declared that they would fight anyone fighting war over the Earth Sphere until there are no more wars.

Using 64 war machines known as Grandam, Divine Beings of The Ragnarok soon overpowered all warring factions in military force.

In the end using warmonger action but with pacifist ideal, fighting war with another war, Divine Beings of The Ragnarok succeed in accomplishing what the UEF failed, putting out flames of wars around the world.

.

.

.

July-23rd-SY104

Backed by Divine Beings of The Ragnarok, UEF government acted as the mediator for a new world order negotiation, Vatican Treaty. In it several consensus decisions were reached:

1. Holy Arkadian Empire and UNION would be a new nation named Arkadia Union and would manage the American Continent elevator. The Emperor is to be both the head of state and government with the succession being hereditary.

2. NEST will be the new supranational union of European continent along with several areas stretching from Asia Minor to Arabian Peninsula ending in Madagascar. It would also manage Indian Ocean Elevator.

3. Grand East Alliance will have jurisdiction over much of Asia. It will also manage South-East Asian Elevator.

4. All unmentioned nations on Earth will retain their independence.

5. No change in jurisdiction over colonies and any territories out of Earth Sphere.

6. All humanity is officially united under United Earth Federation.

7. Divine Beings of The Ragnarok will be disbanded, in turn an organization, later named Ragnarok, would be formed as a new organization acting in complementary to UEF. Its role is to be the main peacekeeping force of UEF.

Post Vatican Treaty Earth
Post Vatican Treaty Earth

.

.

.

In the end, even with various disagreements, Earth Sphere returned to a period of peace.

.

.

.

Temporarily.

8