Episode 1 – Suddenly A New Life?!!
2.7k 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 year old


I reincarnated. That's right, it seems I reincarnated. The idea that my soul is eternal and will live various lives seem enticing, however I never really believe it. But now I experience it myself, I guess it's true huh. Not to mention I keep my memories of previous life intact, that's definitely not normal.

Why you ask? Maybe others in this world also possess previous life memory? No, that's definitely is not the case. It's because there seems no one, at least as far as I know, of someone else experiencing it, at least that's my conclusion after the past 3 years from having conversation with my parents and some others, probably relatives.

I also learnt that this world is actually the world of a game in my previous life, at least from what I read from the books as well as after various considerations. The game [Solar Angel] was an action game of controlling mecha robot in a kind of hack and slash style, set in future Earth.

The mecha robots also called [MECHA], abbreviation for 'Mechanically Extensible and Configurable Heavy Armor', are the protagonists of this game. MECHA is manned mechanical unit that's used for various applications both in civilian and military purposes. Its shapes range from animal-like to humanoid-like form. There are also various special purpose MECHAs for specific applications and usages.

It's not something that every household can afford, but a decently sized organization usually have one or more, though it depends on the type of organization and the usage of the MECHA. Some high school may even have a MECHA club which own two or three of them. There are also MECHA-based sport competitions.

Well, as for the setting of the game is that now is SY98. Solar Year or SY, is a calendar of future Earth in the game. 0 SY is set to be the year of establishment of Mars Colony that said to mark the start of humanity advance into solar age.

It seems various technological advances made possible the whole endeavor of colonizing a planet. Though humanity is not capable yet of fully terraforming a whole planet, apparently there are already enough technologies that allow the colonization process. It's still unclear to me what those technologies are though. From what I already read though, it is various combinations of advance in various scientific fields resulting in a new field called colonial engineering.

On the matter of advance of technology and science, obviously this Earth is much  more advanced than the previous Earth. The very existence of space colonies itself is a proof of this. Yes, space colonies, speaking of space colony I live in one, [The Little Jupiter] at Earth-Moon L5 point.1(1) L5 = One of 5 Lagrange points in gravitational 2-body systems: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrangian_point

On the political side, officially humanity is united under one banner, The United Earth Federation (UEF), though of course in reality there are various sides and factions. These various divided factions' conflicts against each others are the central theme of the game [Solar Angel] itself. The protagonist of the game would go on to be an ace pilot of humanoid-type military MECHA and side with one of the faction in the game, controlling one of the most advanced type military MECHA.

I guess that's the end of my report on this world situation. I don't know how much of my past live knowledge on this world would apply. But maybe I can leverage my past live knowledge of the future to my advantage. At least I want to avoid dying caught in the crossfire between factions.

Still though, MECHA seems interesting, I definitely want to take them apart and put them back together for close examination. Maybe not exactly putting it back together.

Maybe someday making my own ideal MECHA, no not maybe, I actually somewhat really want to build my own ideal MECHA. Let's study hard even in this life.

...

Me? Oh I have yet to introduce myself in this world. My name is Sena Rayfield, born from Alex and Hinata Rayfield. My father, Alex Rayfield, is some kind of official in the UEF federal government. My mother, Hinata Rayfield, is just typical house wife.

We are typical, maybe just a little bit rich family.

 

 


(1) L5 = One of 5 Lagrange points in gravitational 2-body systems: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrangian_point

16